Chapter Four

The weather was warm as Dakota left his house. He walked down the pavement, speeding up his steps until he reached his destination. A small diner. It was still in business but only a few people came there. Which is why it was a good place to discuss people who were hot on his trail.

He entered, rendering the small bell ringing. A man wearing navy blue was sitting in the corner, head down, sipping on a latte. Dakota made his way to the man, glaring at two other men who were sitting at the very front, talking to a waiter.

"You're late." The man growled. Dakota smirked.

"Only one minute." He said. Diego was a sharp man. He looked at Dakota. Diego had really dark features. His eyes were dark brown, almost black, and he had dark hair. It made him look like an Arab, but he didn't speak about his origins much.

"What is it, then?" Dakota asked impatiently, sitting down.

Diego looked at him straight in the eyes. It had always made Dakota uncomfortable, but that was the whole point with Diego.

"Someone's on to you." Diego finally sighed. Dakota's heart skipped a beat.

"What?"

"You heard me the first time." Diego hissed, as the two men stared at them.

"How? I managed to make the location bounce from place to place and I used the phone under the name of different citizens." Dakota said, gnashing his teeth together not because he was angry...he was nervous and he didn't want his teeth to chatter.

"This is your match, Dakota. We've got to either take him down...or disguise you." Diego smirked as he said the last part. Dakota gulped.

"I'll give you a hint. Girls. Drama. Classes."

"How is that going to help?" Dakota harshly said.

"You never know when someone's watching. Better to disguise as someone innocent, right? Besides look on the bright side. I get to see you relive the most dramatizing moment of your life." Diego explained.

"And you?" Dakota scowled.

"Me? Oh I'll track him down, Parker."

Dakota hissed. He didn't like being called by his last name. It reminded him of his...oh never mind.

"This better be worth it, Diego, or I swear I will-"Don't forget, I can blow your cover as much as you can threaten me." Diego smirked.

"But you owe me for eternity, remember?" It was Dakota's turn to smirk now. It was as if Diego's playful vibe has been slapped out of his face.

"You talk about it again, Parker and I swear-"You call me Parker one more time and I swear, Diego..." Dakota stood up, shaking. He shut his eyes, to stop his hands shaking.

"Dakota. We have to move. Now." Diego whispered, eyeing the two men at the front.

Dakota understood. They hastily left the diner, and sure enough, the two men followed. Diego and Dakota waited just outside for the men to appear and when they did, they approached them. Dakota clutched the handle of his gun and the back of his trousers where it was stored.

"You. Whatever your real name is." One of them hissed. Dakota smirked. He loved walking into danger. His adrenalin rose to the roof.

"Who are you?" Dakota asked.

The two men held up badges in unison. FBI agents. Of course. The city was swarming with them.

"I'm sorry, gentlemen. You have the wrong people." In a flash, Diego had wrapped his arms around both of them men and shoved something down their throats. Instantly, they passed out like a bunch of babies.

"What was that?" Dakota scowled. It was normally his job to save their asses.

"Propranolol. They'll forget everything they knew ten years ago." Diego casually said. Dakota's jealousy disappeared and was replaced by relief. And he was impressed. Diego smirked,

"Now, Dakota. You're going back to high school."