Episode 5 - Great Minds Think Alike

"Any one want pancakes?!" Pegasus asked, cheerfully.

"Can me and Jaske help?" Mokuba inquired.

"I don't see why not," Pegasus agreed "Come to the kitchen."

"Your brother is in for it now," Seto informed Anna-Beth.

"I HEARD THAT KAIBA-BOY!" Pegasus called from a couple rooms over.

"I wouldn't say that," Anna-Beth replied "Jaske is one of the best cooks I know. He's good with food."

"What about you?" Seto asked. Anna-Beth laughed.

"Not hardly, Seto," she giggled "I burn plastic packages."

"Please tell me you're kidding," Seto snickered.

"I wish I was," Anna-Beth agreed.

"You two might want to bring it down in there," Pegasus input, causing both of them to blush deeply. They heard laughter from the boys.

'When I get my hands on him...' both of them thought. Anna-Beth stood up.

"I'll be in the garden if you need me," Seto rushed, standing up too.

"Not fair!" Anna-Beth replied "I was going to go to the garden."

"Would you like to join me?" Seto offered. Anna-Beth smiled.

"I'd love to," she agreed, taking in step beside him. They left the building and entered the garden.

"It's huge," Anna-Beth remarked.

"Yes it is," Seto agreed "It's my favourite place in all of Duelist Kingdom because it's so peaceful here. Pegasus has had me over countless times and this place is usually silent bar for the times he's watching his nephews and niece."

"Pegasus has nephews?" Anna-Beth disbelieved.

"On Cecelia's side," Seto explained "Alexandria, Harrison and Turner. They're all little kids. They play out here sometimes when Pegasus is upset about something, you know... Staying out of his way."

"Are you good friends with them?" Anna-Beth inquired.

"Not really," Seto admitted "I don't usually see them here because Pegasus doesn't like to many reminders of Cecelia."

"Oh," Anna-Beth understood "I see." Seto nodded. They came up to a fork in the path.

"Which way shall we go?" Seto asked, leaving the question in the air for a moment.

"To the left," Anna-Beth replied, finally.

"Nice choice," Seto approved "The pond's down that way." They continued walking.

"So why exactly are you friends with Pegasus?" Anna-Beth questioned.

"I've got to maintain relationships with specific people to keep Kaiba Corp. on top," Seto informed "As much as I hate it, Pegasus is one of those people."

"You give up a lot for your company," Anna-Beth realised "Don't you?"

"More than you could even know," Seto agreed "My brother didn't really get the childhood he deserved. I was power hungry at the beginning and that led to me giving up everything. Now I'm on top but I can't fix it. All the money in the world can't turn back time."

"I know what you mean," Anna-Beth sympathised "I trust you do everything in your power to fix it and that's all that really matters."

"Of course," Seto exclaimed, looking at her funny "But you're the first to say that."

"I'm a listener," Anna-Beth admitted "I'm not here to find solutions to your problems, I'm here to listen to them and let you figure out the answer in your time. I answer questions that are asked of me but not just for the sake of answering questions."

"You must be really popular back in your hometown," Seto smiled "I know we don't have many people like you around here."

"I wish," Anna-Beth laughed "I'm not really at the top of the social ladder, if you know what I mean."

"How many people do you know that are?" Seto asked.

"Besides you?" she said.

"Obviously," Seto mumbled.

"There's Miaann," Anna-Beth listed "And Carly and her son Cyle."

"I've never heard of any of them," Seto admitted "Though Miaann seems familiar somehow."

"She should be," Anna-Beth replied "She's one of the top duelists out in California, not to mention the fact that her mother found the cure to blindness and her father is a famous Internet salesman."

"And what about everyone else you know?" Seto moved on "You seem like you would be AT LEAST high class out there."

"The Coffmons were of pretty high class," Anna-Beth explained "But ever since my mom became a Wilkson, our money flow just isn't the same."

"What were they Wilksons?" Seto asked "Circus people?"

"It doesn't matter," she stated, ending the subject.

"You're really family oriented, aren't you?" Seto said after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"Ya," Anna-Beth agreed "As much as my family gets on my nerves, I don't know what I'd do without them, especially Jaske. We're like a set. Every quality I don't have, he does and vice versa."

"That's interesting," Seto replied.

"What about you?" she surprised him.

"I guess I am," Seto explained "Considering Mokuba is the only family I have."

"Have you ever wondered where you would be if your parents were still around?" she asked.

"All the time," Seto admitted "I don't know what life would be like for me right now. It's hard to even imagine. Why do you ask?"

"I just know I always do," Anna-Beth stated, simply.

"Oh?" he replied. She nodded. They took one final turn before reaching a large area of water.

"Is this the pond?" Anna-Beth wondered.

"Ya," he informed "It goes right up to the forest. See the trees in the distance?"

"Ya," Anna-Beth said "I see them. Have you been over there?"

"A few times," he replied. Croquet appeared behind them.

"Mr. Pegasus has requested your return to the castle, Mr. Kaiba," he explained.

"I'm in the middle of something here, Croquet," Seto mumbled, following him.

"It's fine, Seto," Anna-Beth insisted.

"I suppose so," Seto muttered. She just laughed.

"You're something else, Seto," she told him.

"You are, yourself," he informed.

"Touché," she agreed.

"Who is your lady friend, Mr. Kaiba?" Croquet interrupted. Seto went slightly pink.

"She's not my lady friend," he clarified "We just met today."

"You misunderstood me, Mr. Kaiba," Croquet explained "I didn't mean it like that."

"This is Anna-Beth Coffmon," Seto said, trying to focus the attention off of himself "Anna-Beth? This is Croquet, Pegasus's head of security and right hand man."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Croquet," she smiled. He nodded and continued walking back.

"I'm glad we came here together, Seto," she whispered.

"Why's that?" he asked.

"I would have gotten lost otherwise," she admitted. Seto laughed and ruffled her hair.

'Definetly a Lady Friend,' Croquet thought.