Episode 10 - Morning Comes

Anna-Beth opened her eyes as sunlight poured through the window. She was disoriented for a minute, not knowing where she was, until she remembered the day before.

She had stayed up late into the night, ending the day with a dance. Seto had carried her up to her room, insisting he was going in the same direction. Everything had gone just right. She hadn't ever remembered a day so perfect as yesterday had been.

There was a knock on her door.

"Come in," she called. Harrison and Alexandria let themselves into her room. Both were smiling, knowingly.

"Did you sleep well, Ms. Coffmon?" Alexandria asked.

"Yes," Anna-Beth answered, hesitantly "Thank you, Alexandria." They each sat on a side of her bed.

"You must have been very tired," Harrison added "After yesterday and all."

"I suppose so," Anna-Beth agreed.

"Did you enjoy your dance?" Alexandria wondered.

"Allie!" Harrison scowled "It was supposed to be a secret."

"It was you two who did that?" Anna-Beth questioned.

"Don't tell Uncle Seto," Alexandria begged.

"He wouldn't like it that we interfered during his personal time," Harrison clarified "He's not to forgiving either."

"I hear someone interrupted him in a duel once and then he duelled them into submission," Alexandria told her.

"That's not how it went at all!" Mokuba demanded, standing in the doorway "It was his opponent who duelled himself into submission!"

"Good morning, Mokuba," she smiled.

"Don't listen to them," Mokuba stated "They have no idea what my big brother is like!"

"Where is Seto anyway?" Anna-Beth asked.

"He's on a game show right now," Mokuba replied "Duelist Trivial. The winners get Egyptian artefacts. It's cool if you're into that type of thing, he's not really though. This is the first time they ever put him on the show."

"Oh," Anna-Beth sighed.

"He shouldn't be home 'til late, Anna-Beth," Mokuba said "Sorry."

"That's alright," she said.

"Get dressed and come downstairs," Mokuba commanded. The three of them left her room, closing her door. She got up and got dressed. Slowly, but surely, she made her way down the stairs. She found everyone in the kitchen. There was an envelope on the table. Her name was written on the front in Seto's handwriting.

"For me?" She questioned. Mokuba nodded.

It said the following:

"Anna-Beth,

I hope you slept well. I will have to be gone to work most days but usually will be home in the evenings. Watch the children. If you need anything, just ask Mokuba. He should be of assistance. I had a lot of fun last night but I'll be home late tonight and don't want you to wait up for me.

The one, The only,

Seto Kaiba

P.S. If any of Mokuba's 'Friends' come over, make sure they leave by 6. I should be home by then."

"Your friends?" she questioned.

"Speaking of which," Mokuba smiled "I was going to have them over. Do you mind?"

"As long as they leave by the time your brother gets home," Anna-Beth allowed. Mokuba hugged her.

"Thanks!" he cheered, rushing to the phone.