Episode 11 - Friends Of Family

Seto moved a strand of Anna-Beth's hair out of her face.

"Will you be home soon?" she asked.

"I'm afraid not," he sighed "I've got to work late tonight, especially considering the fact that I'm running an hour late. I probably won't be home until after midnight. Promise me you won't wait up?"

"I promise no such thing," she replied.

"Come on, Anna-Beth," he begged "I don't wanna have to worry about you not getting enough sleep tonight along with everything else."

"No," she proclaimed.

"I'm not going to beg you," he informed.

"That's fine with me," she allowed "I'll just be up waiting for you."

"I'll make you agree to my terms," he teased, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer.

"Seto!" she demanded, happily "We don't have time for this. You need to get going."

"Then say you'll get to bed before I'm home," he compromised.

"Nope," she insisted. He came closer to her face until their noses were touching.

"How about now?" he inquired.

"Forget it," she withheld. He brought their lips together and kissed her.

"Now?" he questioned.

"Alright, alright," she caved "You know it's going to kill me though." He pecked her on the cheek.

"I think you'll be fine," he laughed, before letting her go and walking out the door.

"I'll see you later!" she called.

"You better be asleep when I get back!" he exclaimed. A limo came up and he climbed inside, driving away. She tried to keep her smile for Mokuba and his friends who were in the sitting room but it wasn't as easy as when Seto was around and she didn't really want to go anywhere near certain people, including Yami and Duke, specifically. She went into the room and took a seat next to Mokuba.

"Hey," Duke greeted "What brings a pretty girl like yourself around here?"

"I'm not staying long," she informed "I just thought I'd stop in to ask Serenity what she thought of Seto's dance and ask Mokuba to keep an eye on the kids before I head upstairs."

"It was amazing," Serenity input, immediately "But he was stiff and emotionless. Nothing like he was when we walked in on you. Why is that?"

"You should ask Duke," she smiled "Or better yet, Tristan."

"I can handle the kids," Mokuba assured "Go ahead to your room. I'll be fine"

"Thanks, Mokuba," Anna-Beth gratified.

"Mokie," he insisted "Call me Mokie."

"Sure thing, Mokie," she winked, getting up and walking out of the room.

"Real smooth, Duke," Tristan laughed "You barely got a word out before she showed you off."

"Shut up, Tristan!" he ordered "She just can't handle Duke Devlin. It'll take time for her to come to terms with all of this." He gestured towards himself.

"Whatever you say, Duke," Joey laughed.

Anna-Beth entered her room before slamming the door behind her.

"What is wrong with me?" she asked herself "I've never been that blunt before, especially not towards someone who I have nothing against such as Duke. Sure, he's a kiss up, but I've met some people worse, and weirder, than he may ever be." She laid her forehead against the dresser mirror and sighed. She looked at her own reflection. She instantly noticed a silhouette behind her. They began laughing, some what diabolically.

"Who are you?" she inquired, turning to face him.

"They call me Marik," he informed.