Episode 7 - Kaiba's Decision

"Kaiba-Boy," Pegasus tried "I don't mean to be intrusive upon your social life but, you need her. It's so obvious how you feel about one another and-"

"Shut up, Pegasus," Seto snapped "You don't care about me and not even really her. You're only trying so hard to keep us together for yourself. Sure, this time, she was willing to help you but, what about next time? You probably won't waste a second to kidnap her just like you did to Mokuba."

"It's not every day that you see two people so happy, Kaiba-Boy," Pegasus defended "Even if all I want is her power, what is it that you want?"

"I want to be normal," Seto cried "I want Mokuba to get back his childhood, I want people to stop trying to get me killed, I want her. I just can't get any of the things I want because I endanger people's lives just by speaking to them. I'd trade all the money and fame in the world just to have reality be a little more real and a little less action scene."

"I know what you mean, Kaiba-Boy," Pegasus replied "I was devastated when Cecelia was taken from me, but I got over it. You just have to give up on emotions and listen to that rich little head of yours."

"I don't want your lame advice, Pegasus," Seto muttered "I've been trying to do that myself from the moment I laid eyes on her but I couldn't. She wouldn't have even come to Domino with me if that tactic worked."

"It's only the beginning," Pegasus reminded "Make her feel like she's everything for you and then let her down slowly. The publicity will be good for Kaiba Corp."

"Forget the stupid company!" Seto yelled.

"Don't say that," Pegasus commanded.

"Why not?" Seto hissed.

"Because you need that company," Pegasus informed.

"YOU need that company, Pegasus," Seto corrected. Anna-Beth couldn't take it any more. She came out of hiding.

"WOAH, WOAH, WOAH," she stopped "Do you realise what you're saying, Seto?" Seto was surprised to see her but Pegasus, not so much.

"Hello, Annie-Dear," he replied, happily. She looked at him strange for a moment before turning back to Seto.

"What are you doing out here?" he rushed "And what happened to you? Your eyes are red. Have you been crying?"

"Allergies," she stated.

"You don't have allergies, Annie-Dear," Pegasus reminded. Seto got up and wrapped his arms around her.

"Why are you out here?" Seto repeated "I thought I told you not to follow me."

"I didn't," Anna-Beth insisted.

"She came out here to be alone after you rejected her, Kaiba-Boy," Pegasus informed.

"Pegasus," Seto warned.

"Just helping my case," he defended.

"Is this true?" Seto asked Anna-Beth. She silently avoided his eyes.

"Anna-Beth...?" he whispered, making her look at him "Is it?" She closed her eyes.

"No," she lied. Pegasus was about to say something but Seto stared him down and shut him up.

"What about your nephews and niece, Pegasus?" Anna-Beth wondered, as Seto dragged her over to the bench and made her sit down before standing behind her.

"They're being sent off to the orphanage as soon as you leave," Pegasus informed.

"Isn't there anything we can do?" Anna-Beth demanded. Pegasus was in silent disbelief for a minute or so.

"I don't think Kaiba-Boy would agree to that plan, Annie-Dear," Pegasus reasoned. She went red.

"How did you know I was thinking that?" she muttered.

"What?" Seto inquired.

"You tell him, Annie-Dear," Pegasus offered "After all, it was your thoughts."

"Um... Seto?" she hesitated.

"Yes?" he responded.

"Would you think of taking them in?" she asked. Seto was taken by surprise. It took him a minute to think about it.

"Would you stay to help?" Seto interrogated.

"I could arrange that," she agreed.

"Then I'd love nothing more," Seto allowed. Pegasus nodded before standing up and leaving. Tears of joy rolled down her face. Seto took the spot Pegasus had occupied a moment before.

"Thank you, Seto," she gratified, hugging him. He returned the embrace.

"Uncle Seto?" a small voice whispered. They both turned to see Harrison there.

"How did you find us so soon?" Seto demanded.

"I've been here the whole time," he admitted "Even before you, Ms. Coffmon."

"So you heard?" Seto inquired.

"Everything," he said.

"Can I trust you to be careful what you tell your brother and sister, Harrison?" Seto asked. He nodded.

"Come join us," Seto offered, patting the spot beside him. Harrison did as he was told and sat beside Seto.

"Have they ever been to the Kaiba Mansion before?" Anna-Beth wondered. Seto shook his head. No.

"It'll be quite an experience for all of us then," Anna-Beth smiled.

"Yes it will," Seto agreed.

"Hey Seto?" Anna-Beth remembered "I don't have very good domestic skills."

"That's what the maids and servants are for, silly," he laughed.

"Then what's my purpose?" she demanded.

"To entertain the children," Seto explained.

"Oh," she understood.