20. Addiction

I don't like the outcome.. anyways, enjoy xx

Greg and John were having a good talk. Talking about several serious nor amusing subjects. The Holmes boys were just sitting in silence, looking dull at each other. Sherlock kept sighing in irritation what made Mycroft sigh as well. Ms. Hudson offered everyone biscuits with tea, which they accepted with appreciation. She is so glad that both boys found someone to share their life with. She joined the conversation from Greg and John. And she suddenly started about awkward situations which Mycroft and Sherlock had been through. Everyone was laughing. Well, except Sherlock and Mycroft. They were just trying to kill Ms. Hudson with their eyes, mumbling between her babbling.
Sherlock managed to get her out with an excuse that he really needed shampoo. He whispered in her ear that he wanted to look handsome for John. And without Shampoo, he can't.
That was obviously a lie. Well, the handsome part not. A moment later, Sherlock's eyes widened at the next question John asked the two.

"How did you two met?" John asked with a bright smile, looking at Greg and then his eyes flickered to Mycroft who was sneering at his younger brother now. There was a panic look on Sherlock's now paler face. He immediately spoke up before anyone else could.

"Greg don't you have a meeting about the case?" Sherlock said hesitantly, trying to change the subject. John frowned, glancing at Sherlock with slight confusion. Mycroft wiped his trousers with his free hand and straightens up, letting out a deep breath.

"We met during a case." Mycroft informed him, squeezing Greg's hand. Greg looked at their entwined hands and a smile appeared on his lips with a slight blush. Remembering the times when they were on the office for the case, sharing long nights before the first kiss brought them together.

"You were involved in a case then?" John inquired and he then took a sip of his tea and licked away the tea from his lips.

"Yes." Both said in unison, exchanging a charming look afterwards.

"John, let's go eat somewhere." Sherlock insisted, jumping out of his armchair. Obviously he was hiding something. Mycroft rolled with his eyes and sighed.

"Sherlock, sit down." He demanded softly.

"No, go away." Sherlock snapped through bared teeth, waving a hand dismissively.

"It's a matter of time before-

"No." He cut off his brother, wishing his brother was floating in the middle of the ocean in the pink underwear he gave him years ago.

"What's going on?" John asked, wondering what Sherlock was hiding for him.

"It's nothing John." He assured.

"I'm not stupid, you know." He pointed out, cocking an eyebrow.

"That's not what I meant." Sherlock said softly.

"Then shut up and let your brother finish." John said firmly, immediately regretting the hard tone.

"Fine." He muttered, reluctantly sitting back down.

"You two are adorable." Mycroft said nonchalantly and he then cleared his throat. "Years ago I was indeed involved in a case, namely Sherlock's." At this John jerked his head into Sherlock's direction. He was looking down at his lap. John pursed his lips together and glanced back at Mycroft; "He was addicted to drugs. Not just an addiction it was worse. I was used to it. I had learned to accept the fact that my brother was high whenever I came to see him. Which was not often. I had grown to tolerate the horrible stench of marijuana that permanently lingered in Sherlock's flat. After a long period of unanswered text messages. I went to visit my brother again. He was laying on the cold, hard floor. Unconscious with a needle in his arm. There was vomit everywhere I looked." John again briefly looked over at Sherlock. His face plastered with concern and worry.

"That day, I decided to put Sherlock into a rehabilitation center. Of course that was against his will. The day when he was supposed to transfer to the center. He somehow escaped. I was worried about my brother, John. He was missing for two months. With the help of the Scotland Yard and mostly from Greg." He said as he briefly glanced softly at Greg and then back at John. "If we were a couple days later. We would be too late." He said quietly, sighing. Sherlock rolled with his eyes.

"I was doing fine." He said with exasperation, huffing.

"Oh please, you were a living corpse." Mycroft retorted.

"I think it's time to go." Greg interrupted the two, patting Mycroft's buttock as he stood up. Offering a hand to Mycroft, who took it.

"Yes." He cleared his throat and turned on his heels, heading for the door. "Goodbye John. Sherlock." He said and left together with Greg who waved a goodbye. After the door closed, the flat filled with silence. John glanced over at Sherlock. Whose face was pale and his lower lip trembled slightly.

"Sherlock, are you okay?" John asked, slowly, as if doubting his own words.

"I... I'm sorry." Sherlock mumbled, looking down. His eyes shifted as if he can't focus on anything in particular. John's instincts kicked in and narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean?" He asked clearly confused, making his way over to Sherlock and squatted down in front of him, his left hand laying on Sherlock's knee and the other one searched for Sherlock's hand.

"From my past." He muttered, not meeting John's eyes.

"Sherlock. I fell in love with who you are. I do care about what happened with you in the past. But I won't judge you for what happened." He said, trying to make eye contact. "Okay?" He cleared softly, ducking his head so he could meet Sherlock's eyes. He could see him blushing. John gently caressed his cheek with his thumb, as he looked into his eyes. Sherlock smiled shyly at him and then John closed the space between them and kissed Sherlock gently.

As they parted John looked up into Sherlock's eyes which smiled down at him. "Likeable brother you have" He said sarcastic.

"Totally" He said smiling up at John. John chuckled and brought their lips back together, before heading to the store.