19. Sunshine

The following morning, John's eyes opened before immediately shutting again. The sunlight flooding in through the window was far too bright to face directly. John wanted to turn around, facing away from the window. But then he noticed a pair of arms wrapped lazily around his waist, linking at the skin of his stomach. Carefully, He twisted around in Sherlock's arms until he was facing him. Sherlock's scent filled the air around them, and he loved it. John looked at his peaceful face as he slept, dark coloured curls falling on his forehead. John removed the curls from his forehead and smiled fondly at his sleeping Sherlock. John then shifted closer and held Sherlock tightly close to him, being sure that he isn't dreaming. The strong grip caused Sherlock to wake up.

Sherlock fluttered his eyes open and he looked down, coughing with his eyebrows knitted together.

"Are you regretting last night and trying to murder me?" Sherlock managed to say through soft coughs. John immediately jerked his head upwards, his heart beat a thousand times faster at the way Sherlock was glancing at him. He gave the Dutch teacher a charming smile and spoke up.

"It'd be stupid to kill you in this way. If I wanted to kill you, I would have drugged you." John pointed out with a chuckle. "And no, I wanted to be sure that laying in your arms wasn't a dream." He added shyly. A grin came across Sherlock's handsome face.

"Does this feels like a dream?" He said softly, sunlight streaming over his face when he leaned in, pressing a kiss to the doctor's lips.

"Hmm." John hummed against his mouth with a smile.

"Good morning." Sherlock said, kissing at the smile that he would never get enough of. He then pulled back and looked at John with twinkling eyes. John licked his bottom lip as he kept staring deeply into those crystal eyes.

"Good morning." John replied, sighing contently. He then yawned and sat upright, ready to stand up until Sherlock caught his arm and pulled him back onto the bed. "Sherlock!" John blurted out as he fell backwards on Sherlock's chest.

"Where are you going?" He muttered, wanting to keep laying in the bed for the whole day, cuddling with John. Just the two of them. John chuckled as he saw Sherlock's pouting face. He turned around, laying on Sherlock chest, pecking his lips and answered.

"Coffee." John said flirtatiously as his left hand dove under Sherlock's shirt, touching his bare pale chest. Sherlock shivered at the touch. A grin appeared on his face with a slight blush. And he then nodded in approval. John pulled back and emerged the room, making his way to the kitchen so he could prepare coffee.

When John was pouring the coffee into two cups. His face jerked up as a figure walked inside the living room. Sherlock. He flopped himself down onto his armchair and pressed his hands together as if in praying and watched John curiously. John felt Sherlock staring and looked up, cocking an eyebrow. Sherlock just grinned at him.

John finished the coffee and stopped strolling to Sherlock, because he forgot something important. The two sugars. He can't forget that, can he?
After he got them he handed the coffee at Sherlock, their fingers touching as Sherlock took it in his hands.

"Thank you." Sherlock said, laying the cup onto the little table beside him. John pursed his lips together.
Sherlock was putting a smirk on his face, and John couldn't resist to touch that smirk. He leaned forwards, peeking through his lashes. With one hand on Sherlock's thigh for balance he pressed his lips to Sherlock's lips, sliding his tongue along the trace of caffeine and smiling when he felt moving fingers along his chest. John managed to place his cup beside Sherlock's cup without spilling, so he could use his free hand to play with Sherlock's black curls. John heard Sherlock moan softly and felt his arousal growing.

Suddenly, Sherlock growled what made John pull back with confusion. Did he go too far?

"Sorry." Sherlock sighed, "Stairs." He said pointing to the door.

"Pity." John mumbled with a teasing smile, grabbing his coffee and settled him into his personal armchair. The two of them looked at each other lovely, their cheeks flushed. Both looked at the door which opened and a tall thin man with an expensive suit walked inside, his umbrella swinging around in his hand. A smaller silver-haired man following behind, hands crossed on his back.

"What do you want?" Sherlock muttered. Mycroft placed his umbrella against the wall nonchalantly and settled him down into the sofa. Greg walked over to John and greeted him politely.

"Greg Lestrade." He introduced himself, offering his hand to John, who shook it firmly with a wide smile, glad to meet the detective inspector and Sherlock's brother-in-law.

"John Watson." He replied. Greg gave him another friendly smile and walked towards Mycroft. He sat down beside him and rested his hand on Mycroft's thigh, slowly making circle-movements with his thumb.

"Can't I visit my lovely brother?" Mycroft sneered, placing his hand on Greg's hand which was on Mycroft's thigh. John saw their entwined hands. Both wearing a golden wedding ring around their ring finger. He truly hopes to wear a gorgeous ring in the future. He can't believe that he was planning to propose Mary months ago, while the love of his life was living in Bakerstreet. John would love to see Mary her face when she finds about that his ex is dating again, plus that it's a male.

"No, I was busy." Sherlock said crudely and took a long sip of his coffee. Mycroft narrowed his eyes and glanced over at the doctor's tomato face and his eyes then flickered to Sherlock's suspicious stare.

"Yes. I see." Mycroft mused. He turned his head, facing John. "I wish you good luck with my brother, John. You'll need it."

"Bug off." Sherlock spat out, a grunt escaping his lips.

"No need to be rude."

"No need to waste my time with your useless talking." He retorted.

"I assume you forgot whom pays your bills?" At this, Sherlock just sighed and sipped again.

__

Sorry for the short chapter xx