8. Questions and answers.

I wrote this with headache. So, sorry if it is bad. :'3

--

"Do you have to work today?" Sherlock asked friendly. John took another sip from his tea before he answered.

"Unfortunately yes." John mumbled. One of his clients that day came for his weekly check. The person has a Hidradenitis Suppurativa disease. A chronic inflammatory condition of the apocrine sweat glands. The smell is terrible. John was used to things like this. But it didn't mean that he liked it.

"Sounds positive." Sherlock said amused, rubbing his belly that was growling again. John just shrugged as reply. "Don't you want to be a doctor?" Sherlock asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I want to. I love helping people. I just feel retired... Sitting in the same room every time."

"It's dull?" John nodded and both looked towards the door that opened slowly.

Ms. Hudson walked inside the flat with a plate food in her hands. She prepared small, tender beef, smashed potatoes and broccoli covered with white sauce. Sherlock looked at her and smiled with appreciation. John then stood upright, walking over to the armchair and sat down, taking another sip of his tea. Before Ms. Hudson left, she looked back at the two and giggled again. What made both boys blush slightly. Sherlock cocked his head to the side slightly, noticing the pinkness on John's cheeks. It made him frown. He then blushed more and shook the thoughts away and stared at the plate with food. It smelled delicious, the steam flew into his face as a curl popped on his forehead.

Ms. Hudson forgot to give Sherlock a knife and a fork, she probably was in shock about Sherlock and John. Even there is nothing going on between them. Sherlock looked blankly at his plate, he just looked at the plate without moving, seemingly frustrated with himself. John furrowed his eyebrows. Sherlock was still weak and he can't stand up without a lot struggling. Somehow he didn't want to ask John to bring him it. He probably didn't want to show his weakness.

"You can just ask, Sherlock." John said mildly. Sherlock looked up and he looked like he was about to say something, but instead he closed his mouth again and blinked a few times, remaining silence. John rolled his eyes and walked over to the kitchen and searched for a fork and a knife. When he returned he saw Sherlock staring blankly ahead. John ignored Sherlock's strangeness and handed him the material. Sherlock shook his head and cleared his throat.

"Thank you." He said quietly. John nodded and walked back. As he sat down the place filled with silence. John enjoyed it. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was lovely. Mostly when John was sitting in a room with someone he didn't know for long. The silence was always awkward and bothersome. But this time he enjoyed it. He looked at Sherlock, it was almost endearing to watch as Sherlock ate small bites and kept looking up at John. After a while John spoke up.

"Enjoying your meal?" He inquired gently.

"Uh, yes" he muttered, rubbing his arm.

"I see. It's like you didn't eat for days." John joked with a serious tone. Sherlock narrowed his eyes and he then rolled his eyes and looked back at his food. John could see him crack the smallest smile.

"Your body should be recovering soon." He told him, looking as Sherlock wiped his mouth with his sleeve. He then swallowed his food and looked up at John.

"What is soon?"

"Can be in five minutes." He informed. Sherlock sighed in relief. "Or it can be hours. Depends." John added with a teasing smile.

"Hours?" Sherlock blurted out. John just nodded with a wide smile, sipping from his lukewarm tea. The silence returned. Sherlock finished eating and managed to put the plate on the table beside him. A yawn escaped his lips, stretching his arms and looked at John who was sitting relaxed in the arm chair with his eyes closed. Sherlock couldn't help but smile at John. He felt a strange feeling in his tummy as he glanced at John. He never felt a feeling like this before. It's probably his stomach recovering or something, he thought. Sherlock suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence.

"How are you feeling, John?" He said, his hand steepled under his nose.

John opened his eyes, blushing a bit when he saw the way Sherlock was looking at him. He then turned his face away so Sherlock couldn't see the lush that was colouring his cheeks. "Feeling dumped." He muttered, scratching the back of his head.

"I'm sorry." Sherlock said softly.

John snorted. "Don't worry." Sherlock glanced at him, raising a haughty eyebrow. He didn't look sad, but then again, John was very good at hiding his feelings.

"I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for another proof" Sherlock mumbled.

"Did you get in the same situation then?" He inquired.

"Me?" Sherlock said. "No, I don't do relationships." He added.

"So... You never dated before?" John asked. His eyes slid over to his hands that were lying on his lap.

"Nope." Sherlock replied. John's head came up and his eyes were wide with surprise. He didn't know what to say. He wondered if he had heard him wrong.

"Really, never?" John blurted out full with surprise. Sherlock frowned but coughed and answered as he looked at his hands.

"Yes." He muttered.

"Why?"

" I'm married to my work. Plus, look how heartbroken you are."

"Yes, but." John paused, not sure what to say. "I guess I was unlucky." He added with a shrug. "Not all the relationships end like mine." He added softly. Sherlock just mumbled back. John stood upright and walked over to Sherlock and took the plate in his hands and walked over to the kitchen. He then looked back at Sherlock and smiled warmly at him. "I have to go now. Work." John informed.

"Okay, John. See you in class." Sherlock said forcing a smile. He didn't want John to go, but there is no way stopping him.

"Absolutely." John replied with a shy smile, grabbing his coat, walking over to the door. When he entered the hallways he peered inside and spoke up again. "And take care of yourself Sherlock." He added and left the flat.