Chapter Fifteen

Sorry its taken so long for the update - thanks for everyone's reviews and likes it means a lot.  Still not really sure how much further to take this story. - R

Please Enjoy

___________________________________________________

They were linking arms and laughing when entering the home they shared. Patsy had completely forgotten that not only was she not in work she had in fact called in sick. She definitely wasn't sick.

"Miss Mount – Glad to see you feeling better" Sister Julienne said, her stern voice made Patsy and Delia's arm unlink at one and wiped there smitten smiles off both their faces.

"The hospital was quite concern when you rang in sick this morning as was I when I didn't find you in your room" She spoke fast and clearly, the speed didn't take away from the disapproving tone in her voice. Patsy didn't know what to say, she had had a great day much better than A and E, no one nun or not could take that away from her.

"Look sister..." Patsy started to speak but she could feel Delia's concerned eyes staring at her, making her watch her words. "I'm sorry sister" Was all she could say, she was sorry but she wasn't sorry for missing work and pretending to be sick she was sorry that the rest of the world disapproved of her love. Patsy had no reason do to what she did, not in anyone else's mind anyway but in her mind there was 101 reasons why calling in sick was the right thing to do. She needed to be with Delia and she was sick of being stopped for no good reason.

"If you could join me in my office I would greatly appreciate it" Sister Julienne said, there was no smile on her face. No joy. There was nothing on her face. There was a first – disappointment but now there was nothing, it's like she was past caring, or she simply didn't care anymore. As patsy followed sister to her office, she looked back at Delia who still stood in the door way, she was trying to smile to keep Patsy smiling but she couldn't, she couldn't fake a smile. There was nothing to be happy about. She didn't know what to think but Delia wasn't sure she wanted to think. She just wanted to go back to how the day was a few moments before, when they were just 2 ladies who lunched and had gone to the pictures – no questions asked. But now there was going to be more questions asked then either of the lovers could answer or more than either of them wanted too.

Trixie came rushing to see Delia after the office door slammed shut

"It was Sister Mary Cynthia – Delia I'm so sorry, but to her, her faith meant more" Trixie said, there was a sadness in her voice that Delia didn't recognize. Delia had no idea what Trixie was on about but whatever it was- it sounded like she was about to lose her Patsy, she couldn't lose her Patsy. After everything they had been through there relationship was about to be ruined by a nun! Fear crippled her body, she wanted to move, to act like everything was okay but she couldn't pretend any longer.

Delia finally looked Trixie in the eye, she as tearing up they both were "What did the sister do?" Delia spoke calmly but there as an inner anger resent in her sole that patsy would have noticed but she knew Trixie wouldn't.

"Patsy told sister yesterday and Cynthia couldn't keep it to herself" Trixie spoke to Delia like she was a concern parent, she couldn't help it, she was concerned and it wasn't like Delia could talk to her parents about the events of the previous weeks. Delia couldn't talk to anyone about the events of the previous week – neither of the girls trust any, Patsy would barely talk to Trixie about it and they were close all things considered.

Delia couldn't spit out any worlds but she could feel the anger inside of her. Before she could think twice and long before Trixie could react. Delia stormed into the other room where the sister sat rolling bandages with Sister Monica Joan.