Chapter Twelve

Just a short chapter - Hope your enjoying the story so far. Thanks for all the great feedback - R

_______________________________________

She tried to sneak back in silently, she didn't want people to ask questions, she didn't want to have to lie to them. She didn't want to lie anymore. If anyone asked her she knew the truth was going to come out, she was in love and she had already lost so much she didn't care about losing the rest.

"Patsy" A small voice echoed from the kitchen. Patsy rolled her eyes at the caring nature of Sister Mary Cynthia. She walked slowly into the kitchen half hoping she didn't look as wet as she felt.

"Oh, Patsy" Trixie said, trying to hold her laughter of her sopping wet friend that stood before her and Sister Mary Cynthia.

"Where on earth did you go? You have been gone well over an hour." Sister Mary Cynthia asked. Trixie knew where she had gone, she knew, why the faded nature of her lipstick and that forbidden smile that Patsy couldn't get off her lips.

Delia had always been the brave one, the outgoing one, she had always been proud of Patsy. She was so much more open and lived in so much less fear than Patsy had. But tonight Patsy felt fearless:

"Well if you must know, I cycled to the London to see Delia. I threw rocks at the window until she came down and they we kissed in the rain" She spoke fast but not out of panic, she really didn't care anymore. Patsy smiled, Trixie was still trying to contain her laughter avoided looking at Sister Mary Cynthia's shocked face.

"Now while I am grateful that you were concerned enough to stay up- I am really rather cold, and very wet so I am going to go and change." With that Patsy made her way up stairs, trying to hold in her smile and keep her face serious and truthful.

Sister Mary Cynthia opened her mouth several times but no words came out, she didn't know what to say. She couldn't word her feels her mind was caught been her friend and her faith.

Trixie didn't dare open her mouth but was still smiling at the stupid courage Patsy had found.

"Sister, if you have something to say, say it" Trixie said taking the last drag from her ciggerete.

"It's wrong, the bible says so" She stuttered a little before misquoting bible verse " A man must not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a women"

"There's no men here sister. Find your soddin' bible verse for that" Trixie snapped. Shocked at how strong Sister Mary Cynthia's faith was when Patsy had just confided in her.

Sister Mary Cynthia was confused, she loved God and his words were the ones he lived by but this wasn't just a random stranger this was her friend.