Chapter One

Patsy's heart pounded as she snuck out of her room – it was 4am but she was too scared to leave it any later. She fixed her oversized shirt as she tiptoed down the corridor. Back to her room at that moment in time her room felt like a lifetime away and the few steps seem to take hours, she pushed her slightly squeaking door open just enough for her to sneak in.

To her surprise Trixie was sat up, cigarette in hand tears rolling down her face "Why did you tell me Patsy?" Trixie asked , before taking another drag of her cigarette. Patsy's heart was now beating outside her chest; she was in so much panic and had even started to shake a little.

"Tell you what Trixie?"

"What you are." Trixie snapped back. Patsy didn't know what to respond. Did Trixie really know or was Patsy really over thinking it.

"Trixie I have no idea what your on about!" Patsy responded now slightly flustered, but trying to seem calm and like she really didn't have a clue what Trixie was on about.

"I have just spent the last 2 hours trying to put together the pieces and they fit patsy - It all makes sense now, why you didn't like tom and why I have never seen you with a gentleman friend of any sort" Words flew from Trixie's mouth that she never thought she'd even think, let alone say out loud. She knew instantly from the look in Patsy's eyes that she was indeed correct.

"Trixie what ever your thinking your being crazy – its 4 o clock in the morning I went to the bath room now please can you let me sleep" Patsy while avoiding eye contact with her best friend walked over to her bed and got under the cold covers trying not to show how she really felt. Patsy felt Trixie's words echo throughout her body and she had denied it to her, the feeling of guilt pushed throughout her body.

Patsy didn't sleep a wink that night, and neitherdid Trixie they both just lay there, neither one of them wanting to sayanything but both of them hurting. As they both lay their in there fake sleepthey heard the first familiar rumbles of chaos from the kitchen letting both ofthem know their day had started. Trixie got up first avoiding looking at patsyor in her direction as she lay they're facing the wall aimlessly. Trixie noteven saying good morning as she normally did when they were both on the sameshifts just got on with her morning, Patsy didn't move a muscle until Trixiewas firmly outside the bedroom. Patsy's usually orderly routine in the morningswhen she was on district rounds passed in a blur, she was half way down thestreet before she even wanders if she has attached her bag to her bike, herbrain was screaming to go back and tell Trixie the truth but her feet keepingpeddling forwards, quicker then she normally does it with Barbara struggling to keep up. District rounds nearly killed Patsy, she wasn't in the mood to makesmall talk or talk to Barbara about how Trixie left in quick rush this morningand looked like she was about to cry. Patsy already felt bad enough about last night'sevents without Barbara making her feel any worse. Barbara didn't have a clue of lastnight's events she was just considered about Trixie and Patsy knew that deepdown.