C11

Layla

For hours I was in agony. Pain. Burning. Cold. Just on repeat. It was extremely horrible so when I finally regained consciousness I had a terrible headache. My vision was extremely blurry until it cleared up extremely well. The room was orange-tinted which hinted that it was sunset... what happened? Why couldn't I remember? Why...why did everything feel different around me? Then, my eyes caught sight of Avery laying down next to me. Why is she here?

I gained enough strength to sit up a bit and tap her to get her attention. "Ave...Avery?" I continued to shake her a bit more to wake her. "Avery!" I said and shook her a bit rougher...which apparently was too rough because I ended up pushing her away from me.

"FUCK!" she screamed "WHAT THE FUCK!" she turned to me as she held onto her shoulder and she finally focused on me "LaLa? YOU'RE OKAY!" she said crawling back over to me to hug me.

"Yes?... I feel fine but what happened?" I asked confusedly "Also, I'm sorry...I didn't mean to push you. I don't know what came over me..." I said shyly.

"It's fine! I don't need that arm anyways" she laughed but then turned serious when she realized I wasn't laughing with her "...You don't remember?" she said quietly

"No?" I said quietly back to her "Why are we talking so low?"

"Because she wants to trash talk the vampires in this house and she can't do it too loudly." We heard someone say from the window. When I snapped my head to look to see who it was, I saw it was Craig. Of course. "I got it from here Avery. You might just want to leave," he said as he walked slowly over to us.

We both stood up and Avery immediately started to get defensive. "Craig you want a repeat of earlier?" she challenged "You've done ENOUGH. You can leave my friend and me alone to talk now." she then crossed her arms in front of her chest.

He stared at her before sighing slightly "Avery, let me explain this to you in a simpler way." he said slowly which resulted in Avery rolling her eyes and shaking her head "She..." he said pointing to me "...is going to get a bit murderous in a couple of minutes and you are definitely a meal...and so are Rachel and Lillianna downstairs." A meal? What?! "I suggest you join them because this reunion isn't going to be fun in a couple more minutes when all her senses settle in."

Avery stood there silent and stared at him trying to stand her ground. That's when I heard it...blood pumping... heartbeat...it was growing intensely as the seconds trickled away. I looked in Avery's direction and everything in my body was pulling me towards her...what is going on? She finally looked at me and her eyes grew bigger for a second and then she quickly nodded at him before saying to me "I'll be downstairs for when he's done explaining..." with one quick glare toward Craig she walked out and slammed the bedroom door behind her.

Craig swiftly locked the door and took a step towards me and said "So...how do you feel?"

I scoffed and chuckled "Like shit. What's going on Craig?" He silently looked at me for a couple of seconds as if he was studying my features. "What? Is something on my face?" He finally came back down to Earth before he shook his head as his eyes melted into the color pink "No...it's just your features...are just more profound now..."

"Now?" I shook my head and quickly walked over to the full-length mirror to look at myself...I gasped "W-What? There's not a blemish in sight...what the hell?" I quickly turned around to face him and basically ran full force into him "Craig what's going on with me?" I basically cried out

"You're...a vampire now Layla," he said as he steadied both of us as held me

"But...we...you..." I said fumbling to find the words to say to him