C1

Rachael

A little back story on me...I just recently moved to California from New York last weekend. My mom just got a new job offer over here and of course, I didn't want to come but I had no choice. Everything here was so new, I had no friends and I didn't even know where anything was. Over the weekend my mom drove around just showing me a few places and my school. Which by the way that school is huge! But, a weird thing about it when we drove past it was that something felt off about it. But, I shook it off and pretended like I didn't feel anything weird. 

When we arrived back home I saw this boy come out of the house next to me who look around my age, he had an Afro and was wearing shades. Um, shades? It's 8 pm at night... why the hell is he wearing shades? As soon as I finished observing him, he turned in my direction and caught a glimpse of me. I quickly looked away and then when I turned back around to see if he was still there he was gone. Weird...I shrugged and went inside my house.

• • •

School

I was right in front of my new school and I quickly went inside and found the office to get my schedule. As I was about to open the door it swung open and almost hit me in the face. Damn. Out stepped the same boy that lives next door to my house, he saw me again and mumbled something before walking away from me. Um, okay rude? He almost hit me in the face with the door and he doesn't even say anything to me? Once again I decided to shrug it off in order for me not to start problems on the first day. I walked into the office and over to the woman that was on a computer behind a desk.

"Good Morning, I'm new here and I would like to get my schedule" I said to the woman behind the desk. Yeah, starting school late sucks...2 months in to be exact.

She looked up from what she was doing on the computer and raised an eyebrow "Rachael Thompson?"

"Yes," I smiled and nodded

She turned around and looked through a stack of papers. She finally found what she was looking for she turned around and handed it to me. "Here you go and your locker number is 179"

"Okay, thank you" I smiled 

"You're welcome" she smiled back. I turned and walked out of the office to immediately go looking for my locker.

175... 176... 177... 178... 179! I quickly put the code in and opened my locker, I put the books in there that I wouldn't need for the first 3 periods and kept books I would need. I closed the locker and made my way to my first class which was... History.

• • •

History

I walked into a full class of noisy kids and when I glanced over at the teacher I saw she was currently on her phone. Wow, if this is how history is then I'm going to like it! I chuckled to myself as I looked around for an empty seat. I finally found one and sat down, not too soon after I was tapped on the shoulder by someone behind me. I turned around to be greeted by a girl with braids.

"Hey, you're the new kid huh?" She said and I nodded before I could say anything verbally "Well, welcome." she grinned "My name is Lillianna or you could call me Lilly for short."

"Oh well, Hi." I smiled "My name is Rachael or you could call me Rach for short if you would like" 

"Well, Rach. You could hang out with my friends and I...you know instead of just sitting there looking all lonely." 

"Damn, straight to the point huh?" I laughed but turned my chair around to face her friends.

"Have to be" She grinned "Well, Rach this here is Avery" she said gesturing towards a girl who had wavy long black hair. 

"Hey, Rach" she smiled and slightly waved at me and I did the same in return. 

"And this here is Layla," she said gesturing towards a girl with light brown curly hair.

"Hi, Rach" she said waving at me

"It's nice to meet you all" I smiled 

"So, you just moved here?" Avery asked, "From where?"

"Yeah, I just moved here with my mom from New York because she got a job offer here in Cali" I said sightly shrugging.

"Wow, that must suck..." Lilly said quietly "That's a big move" 

"Yeah, it is..." I said trailing off a bit "But, you know it is what it is..." I shrugged "Just trying to get use to everything you know?"

They nodded their heads in understanding "So, how old are you?" Avery asked

"Sixteen" I responded 

"Us as well!" Lilly and Avery said excitedly.

"What about you LaLa?" I asked looking over in her direction

"Oh, she is too but she's just little quiet." Avery said rolling her eyes

Layla rolled her eyes back at her "I can speak for myself Ave...thank you" Layla said and Avery held up her hands in defense of her rebuttal. 

"So, what does your mom do?" Layla asked "If you don't mind me asking" 

"I don't mind" I shrugged slightly "Shes a clothing designer."

"Oh co-" The girls all started to say in unison but they were interrupted by four boys walking through the door. Including the boy that I saw earlier... They walked straight to the back of the class and sat down together. When they walked pass I swear I felt a chill go down my spine, kind of like the same felling I got when I passed this school on the weekend.

"Hey guys..." I said still holding eye contact with the boy I saw earlier "Do those boys seem a little weird to you?"

"Yeah...always," Avery said shaking her head "They usually stay together and sometimes they're not at lunch." Avery shrugged "Super weird."

"So they don't interact with anyone?"I asked still looking in their direction.

"Not really..." Lilly said and snapped her fingers in front of my face "Don't look at them so long." I stopped looking at the boy and turned back to looking at the girls "To be honest I've never really seen them talk to each other" Lilly said.

"Hmm," I hummed and looked over at Layla "Do you know anything about them Layla?" I asked her and Avery and Lilly turned their attention on her.

She had a nervous look on her face as she glanced back at them. She looked back at the boy with the Mohawk who just now took off his glasses he was looking at her more liking staring at her then he smirked. She turned back around to us still looking at her. "No not at all" then she got up and asked the teacher something then left the room. I looked back at the boy who she was staring at and he wasn't there.

What is up with people disappearing today?

___________________

Comment | Vote | Follow

.:: QueenRoyal ::.

©2013 | Edited: 2021