Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Funeral.

I slept on Liam's shoulder yesterday at 4am. We woke up to his mom making breakfast. "Good morning vee." He said. "Good morning lee." I said. I realized that today was my dad's funeral. Tears started forming in my eyes. I was trying not to show my sadness. After all, I didn’t want to make them worry about me. I got up stairs, and took a shower. I started crying again in the shower. I stepped out of the shower and felt the cool spring air. As I looked in the mirror, I realized my 'Louis' necklace. I held it, and kissed it as tears started falling. I put on my black maxi dress that had only one shoulder. On the one shoulder strap was black sequin flowers and the waist had black lace. I remember the day my dad got it for me. It was about a year ago. We were shopping with my mom and my mom said "No, it's too expensive." So my dad went to the place and got it for me. He packed it in a box and wrote a small card to go with it too. The card had many hearts on it with an "I LOVE YOU MY ONLY DAUGHTER." As I was having this flashback, tears were rolling down my face. "Why did you leave me daddy, WHY?" I heard myself say out loud.

*Liam's POV*

I headed towards my room until I hear Violet say, "Why did you leave me dad, just WHYY?" and I heard sobs. I opened the door quietly and found her in a beautiful one shoulder black maxi dress, black velvet flats, her wavy hair covering her face and her face buried in her hands. I ran to her and hugged her. I kissed her hair and told her, "Violet, stop crying. For me." I couldn’t blame her though. She softened a bit but still cried.

***

In the car, Violet was looking out the window and I could see the tears in her eyes. I held her hand and each time I held it tighter, she would look at me with those gorgeous brown eyes and put on a smile although tears were rolling down her face. I loved her and I never ever ever wanted her to get hurt. We got to the graveyard. I got out of the car and held Violet's hand as she got out of the car. She looked dazzling even though she didn’t have makeup on. I walked her to the front row chairs and sat down with her, still holding her hand. I turned around and found Zayn, Niall & Harry coming our way. Violet stood up and hugged Zayn first, then she hugged Niall. Then while she was hugging Harry, she started sobbing on his shoulder. I saw Louis in the back. He looked at me and gave me the look "Should I come or not?" I shook my head and mouthed to him "She's too sad." Lou nodded and sat down. Soon, Zulaikha, Caitlin, Rachel, & Natasha came up. They hugged Violet and also cried a bit.

***

*Violet's POV*

While I was hugging Harry, I burst out crying because he had the same perfume as daddy. I saw Louis way back. I saw him asking Liam if he should come and meet me, but Liam told him not now. I had to admit, I missed Lou. His hugs and kisses. The way he used to hold me and make me laugh.

I sat down beside Liam and told him, "Harry had the same perfume as my dad." Liam gave me a hug and I put my head on the shoulder. Then, my uncle (my dad's brother) stood up on the platform and said, "We are here in the remembrance of Robert West. Now, each family member and close friend will come up and say a speech." My mom went first, followed by my uncle, my aunt, my dad's best friend and my dad's cousin (which was also Caitlin's dad). Finally it was my turn. I stood up on the platform as a chill went through my body. I looked at Liam, then at my mom, then at Harry, Zayn and Niall. I finally glanced at Louis. I cleared my throat although my knees were far too weak. Finally, the words struggled to come out of me. "My dad was my hero." I said with tears forming in my eyes. My voice was shaking. "My dad taught me to be strong. He taught me that nothing is worth my tears. He was one of the 3 most precious people to me. My dad is the only reason that me, Violet West, that I'm standing here for the person I am today. My dad promised me that no matter what, he'll always stay with me, supporting me in every step I take in life. He promised he'd see me grow up, graduate, get a job, get married, and he'd be a grandpa. But I guess promises are meant to be broken." With those last words, I ran as fast as I could outside the graveyard. I ran and ran and ran to find my place in the middle of the road. I ran and stood in the middle of the street wanting the next car to hit me and take me to my dad.