Neon Lights

Vote and leave your opinion ! 

______________

I stared at my phone

I stared at my phone. Are Jay and I dating? After the fair he walked me too my house in comfortable silence. He gave me my teddy bear and sweetly said, "Sweet dreams darling," before leaving. Does one kiss and whatever happened at the fair make us a couple? Were we dating now?

I never answered Levi's text, and contemplated whether I should out to eat with him or not. I decided that I shouldn't cancel plans again with Levi.

A shower was very well needed. There was a farm animal smell in my hair from the fair and that wasn't pleasant for dinner. After I stripped from last night's clothes that I also slept in, I took a shower. I turned it on solidly on hot water, in a matter of minutes wisps of steam filled the room. The hot water stung my skin, in a way the pain was comforting. It distracted me from my thoughts.

I walked myself to school, music blaring through my earbuds. I didn't know what Jay and I were, if it was going to continue, if it was going to end, I didn't have his number to text and ask him. I felt bad for going with Levi to dinner. It wasn't a date though, and if Jay and I were dating he didn't make it clear enough to me. I had no reason to feel like I was doing something wrong, but I did.

Levi was waiting, leaning against a older looking black mustang.

"That's yours?" I called walking up to him, pulling my earbuds out wrapping them around my phone.. He turned around and smiled soon as she realized it was me.

"Compliments from my dead beat father." He smiled and I laughed softly. I was glad to know I wasn't the only one with family issues. Of course he had family issues, this is the 21st century after all; the age of broken homes and suicidal kids.

"Its pretty." I smiled as he opened the passenger side door for me. I nodded a thanks and sat down and he shut the door after me. The car wasn't the cleanest, there was a old paper Wendy's fast food bag and cup on the console.

"Sorry," He grunts sitting in the driver's seat grabbing the trash and throw it in the backseat. "Ready? Do you need me to take you anywhere first?"

"No thank you. Just don't take me to some secluded area and kill me please." I joked. He laughed.

"Not today art girl." He smiled taking the car out of park into drive and drove us down a couple blocks, it was about a ten minute drive. In a bright purple neon light on the brick building was Alexandre's.

"Alexandre's?" I looked over at Levi with a raised brow. He nodded with a smirk on his face.

"It's the best around." He exited the car and so did I. He waited holding the front door open and closed it after I walked through. A heavenly scent of pizza and other foods waved into my face as I walked through, the lights were dimmed and there was more neon signs on the walls.

"It looks and smells so good." I praised.

"Thanks," he smiled walking ahead of me to the man at the counter. The man had wrinkled tan skin and a full head of wavy grey hair. "Hey Pa, give us a large pizza." He looked back at me. "What do you want on it?"

I shrugged confused. "Just uhm, pepperonis and peppers, extra cheese." He nodded and told him the order.

"Who's this?" The man at the counter asked.

"This is Art girl, she's got super hero art skills." He smiled to me and I smiled shyly. "She has a boyfriend Pa." The man gave him a weird look then sighed disappearing in the back. Levi turned to me and smiled. "Welcome to the two generation family owned pizzeria." He rolled his eyes. "They only have like two cooks so it might be a while. Go find a seat."

I did as he said sitting in the metal chair. Later the pizza came and it was delicious. Levi and I talked forever and he was actually quite pleasant. Come to find out, Levi's full name is Leviticus Alexandre and his grandfather started the pizzeria when he was in his thirties. After the pizza I said bye to his family and he took me back home.

I underdressed and laid on my bed laying my head on my teddy bear. I pulled my phone out and froze looking at the bright screen.