Silent Heroes - Chapter 32

You were staring at Kairi’s swollen bruised arm, though your attention turned quickly to the door when it crashed open, hitting the wall. Cloud stood in the doorway, his back to you, surrounded by many of the creatures that Kairi had described. He had a little blood dripping down his arm, and a gash on his left eyebrow.

“There are loads of them” he shouted behind his shoulder. You watched as he punched one of them with amazing force, metal claws appeared to sprout from in between his knuckles which he used to slash another two of them. You watched, frozen in fright as Genesis and Noctis ran to Clouds side closing the doors with force and standing in front of them, blocking the monsters’ paths.

Everyone appeared to calm as the monsters began to fade from the door, it was then that you heard a scream to your right. You looked over and saw Namine pinned to the ground by one of them. You watched as Vaan ran in her direction, though he was cut off by another monster rising from the ground. You remembered Vincent’s power, telekinesis, focused on it before seeing the creature on Namine fly into the opposite wall. You ran over to help her up, reaching for her hand and pulling her to her feet before you were forced into a wall, a black creature snarling in your face, you froze as it’s yellow eyes appeared to glint with excitement, it bared it’s teeth at you, though not for long as a fireball hit it, causing it to vanish. You didn’t have a chance to look in Axel’s direction since someone grabbed you from behind.

“We need to get out of here” a voice instructed in your ear. You felt yourself being pulled backwards before realizing that you were now on the other side of the cafeteria. You turned around to see Reno, who proceeded to pull you towards him as a swarm of students ran past towards the gates.

 “The others?” you asked Reno as he dragged you into the end of the swarm.

“The others will get out fine. You’re my main priority.”

You stopped, snatching your arm back, “If they’re still in there I’m going back.”

“No __...” Reno was cut off as he was dragged along with the back of the swarm. You spared him one last glance, promising yourself that he would be okay before running back to the cafeteria doors. Before you reached them they crashed open, a wave of water descending towards you, though it stopped at your feet, becoming a mere puddle. You looked up with wide eyes as Demyx pushed through the door with Tifa alongside him, a drenched Cloud and Genesis directly behind him, just before the rest.

“_____?” Axel frowned as he noticed you. He sighed before scooping you up into his arms on the way through, not bothering to stop.

Reno’s red hair was the first thing that came into view as you entered the cool fresh air outside the school. He was pacing. He breathed a sigh of relief when he noticed you in his brother’s arms, though there was a subtle hint of a frown on his face too. Axel placed you down outside the gate. You watched as Loz placed Kairi down on a wall beside you. Vaan was supporting Namine, causing Loz to turn and give the young blond boy a hostile glare.

“We can’t stay here” Noctis noted, quickly adding, “I’ll walk _____, Namine and Yuffie home.”

Yuffie frowned at him, “We can manage ourselves thanks.”

“Noctis is right,” Reno interjected as he eyed the winged boy, adding “Though I think someone who has been around longer should walk _... them.”

“I’ll do it” Ven offered, putting a fist to his chest.

“Don’t be silly kid” Zack grinned as he ruffled Ven’s hair, walking past him and slipping your arm through his own.

Tifa let out a large sigh, “I’ll walk them home. Zexion and Zack can come along for extra man power since they’re the least beat up.”

“Yes!” Zack pumped his fist close to his body whilst Zexion merely rolled his eyes and walked past.