Silent Heroes - Chapter 5

When Science had ended you walked out of the class with Namine and Yuffie. Xemnas gave you that same cold smile on the way out, which sent shivers down your spine.

“So what now?” you questioned.

“Lunch, silly” Yuffie laughed from beside you. Someone came from behind you at this moment, you jumped as you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist.

“Well hello there, the names Zack” you turned around hastily, it was the raven haired boy who was with Demyx. Demyx was by his side.

“Uh, _____” you told him your name with a blush.

“I take it you’ll be sitting with us at lunch?” he questioned, finally dropping his arms from your waist as Yuffie scowled at him. You glanced at Namine and Yuffie who both shook their heads in disapproval. You looked back towards Zack and gave him an awkward smile.

“I guess it depends” you tried to ease your way out of the situation without offending anyone.

“Depends on what huh?” Zack questioned as he draped an arm around your shoulder. Your face began to turn a light shade of red as he began to invade your personal space.

“Um, space at the table, I guess” you grinned sheepishly. You wondered if you had actually gotten away with that and sighed when you realized that you had.

Zack shrugged.

“I guess so” he replied as he scratched the back of his head, seeming to be in thought. He turned to you with a smile returning to his face. “Well, I’ll see you later _____” he waved before jumping on Demyx’s back briefly then teasing him.

“Bye _____” Demyx smiled shyly before chasing Zack to get his revenge.

“Knuckle heads” Yuffie rolled her eyes as she walked up beside you. She gave you a smile before grabbing your arm and pulling you to the lunch hall. Namine simply ran behind you both with a giggle. You reached the dinner hall, which was extremely busy and loud. There are a few people that waved to you and many people looked up at you when you walked in. You quickly grabbed your lunch and paid for it before choosing a table and strolling over to sit at it.

RESTULTS:

SORA, RIKU, ROXAS, NAMINE, KAIRI, RINOA, YUFFIE, ZIDANE:

You stay with Yuffie and Namine as they walk over to possibly the largest table in the hall.

“_____!” you hear Roxas shout.

“Hi Roxas” you wave to him. Riku stands up and offers you his seat, holding it out for you and tucking it in as you sit. He takes the seat next you so that you are between him and Sora. You hear a low grunt from the other end of the table and look over to see Kairi stand with her tray. You watch as she scurries off to another table. You noticed another girl also climbing to her feet, she had long, straight black hair and light blue eyes. She glanced at you once before turning her nose up and following Kairi. Yuffie laughed and turned to you.

“You really do know how to piss popular kids off _____” she joked.

“Popular kids?” you question. 

“Kairi seems to think she is one of the most popular girls in school, and do you see that girl with her?” Riku stopped his sentence with a question.

“Yeah” you nodded glancing over at the girl with the long black hair that had followed her.

“That’s Rinoa” he finished.

“That’s Kairi’s lap dog” Yuffie laughed. You noticed Namine trying to suppress a giggle.

“They get right on my nerves,” you just noticed another boy with light blonde hair in a small ponytail had spoke up. He looked over at you and smiled, quickly adding “I’m Zidane.”

You were about to introduce yourself when he stopped you.

“I already know your name” he smiled. This caused you to blush.

“I guess things get around fast here huh?” you said, feeling a little awkward. Sora leaned towards you.

“So _____ what made you want to join us for lunch?” he asked.

“Just, uh, felt more comfortable with you guys” you replied. Sora smiled at this and you noticed Riku’s and Roxas‘ faces light up too. You lifted your fork to your mouth and took a bite of the food on the end of it before lowering it again and resting it on the plate.

“I hope I haven’t upset them too much” you frowned.

“I think it’s a little late for that ____” Roxas laughed. This made you laugh too.

ZEXION, XION, SAIX, MARLUXIA:

You sat at one of the smaller tables. You didn’t know anyone on it but as you sat they all glanced up at you. A guy with pink hair and blue eyes spoke first.

“Can I help you?” he questioned. You looked up from the tray that you had just placed down.

“Um, I guess I just wanted to sit with someone different” you replied awkwardly.

“I like it” one of the others, a guy with long blue hair and alarming amber eyes grinned at you. He looked a lot like Xemnas except his complexion was fairer and he had a scar in the shape of a cross on the bridge of his nose.

“I’m Saix,” he introduced “this is Marluxia,” he added, signalling towards the man with pink hair “and this is my little brother and sister Zexion and Xion” he finished, pointing to a boy and a girl, the boy had blue hair like Saix but the girl had dark black hair.

“Hello there” the one name Zexion stood to greet you. He lay a soft kiss on your hand.

“So you going to tell us your name or what?” the girl, Xion you presumed, questioned.

“Uh, it’s _____” you replied, offering her a smile. She simply turned her head away.

“Xion, don’t be rude” Marluxia scolded her. Xion sighed and turned back to you with her arms folded across her chest.

“I guess it is kind of funny, the way that Kairi is freaking out about you joining the school” she sighed.

“You know, that is pretty funny _____. How did you manage it?” Saix questioned.

“I don’t actually know,” you replied, looking over at her, “I guess I’m just not her favourite type of person”. You looked back to notice that Saix, Marluxia and Zexion were laughing. You thought that you even saw Xion crack a smile.

RENO, AXEL, ZACK, DEMYX, ZELL, VENTUS:

“Hey _____!” Demyx called. Zack stood up next to him as he spotted you and started waving his hands above his head. You rolled your eyes but smiled at the same time.

“I guess I’ll see you later” you waved to Namine and Yuffie as they departed, walking in the direction of Roxas, Riku and Sora amongst other people. You walked over to where Demyx and Zack were sitting. You noticed that Ven was sitting there too, grinning from ear to ear. There were also two redheads and another blonde. As you approached one of the redheads stood walked towards you.

“Hey gorgeous, do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?” he raised an eyebrow as he tried to flirt with you. You noticed that he had stunning emerald green eyes. You tried again to suppress another belt of laughter.

“Leave her alone Axel, you’ll send her running a mile with your bad chat up lines” Zack said as he erupted with laughter, as did the rest of the table.

“Shut up Fair!” the guy called behind him before turning back to you.

“I’m Axel, the hot one here, got it memorized?” he grinned as he clicked his fingers, causing a small flicker of light to dance above them. You jumped back at little in shock just before a giant wave of water splashed over Axel. You glanced back at the table to see Demyx and the other redhead laughing. Axel frowned. Demyx patted the chair beside him and you went to sit next to him as Axel sat back down in his seat, sopping wet. Demyx smiled at you as you sat whilst Axel shoved the other redhead, who was still laughing.

“You haven’t met the other guys yet have you ____?” Ven questioned. You shook your head. Ven smiled

“Well this is Zell,” he pointed to the blonde beside him with the tribal tattoo down his face. “And Reno” he signalled to the other redhead, this one had teal eyes and a pony tail that reached his mid back, you noticed that both of the redheads had differing tattoo‘s beneath their eyes. Reno was currently trying to pull his Axel off of the chair with him.

“Axel and Reno are brothers” Demyx explained.

“I think _____ can guess that for herself” Zack laughed as he slapped Demyx on the back of the head. This caused you to laugh.

AURON, CID, LEON, VINCENT:

You noticed Cid and Leon sitting at a table over in the corner and walked over their, waving goodbye to Namine and Yuffie as you went. You sat in a space between Cid and an older looking man with black hair, though it was beginning to grey, and dark brown eyes. One of his eyes was sealed shut, a scar covering it.

“H-hi” you greeted as Cid stared at you.

“Darlin’, you do realise that this is a teachers table? Don’t you?” Cid questioned in that accent of his.

“Hey, can’t we let her off just this once? She is the new kid after all” Leon mused.

Cid scratched his chin with a smile before agreeing with a “hmf”.

The guy on your other side glanced down at you before Leon cleared his voice.

“Oh, I forgot. _____ this is Auron,” Leon introduced the guy sitting next to you “And Vincent” he added whilst signalling to a man that you had not noticed yet. He wore a deep red cloak and had long black hair. Were his eyes crimson? You had to hold back a gasp. Vincent nodded at you with a smile whilst Auron continued to stare down at you. He appeared to be in complete awe.

CLOUD:

You looked around and noticed Cloud standing over by the door alone. He looked observant. You glanced back at Namine and Yuffie.

“Hey, I’ll catch you in a bit ok?” you smiled as they nodded their heads before you grabbed your tray and paid for your food. You began to walk in Cloud’s direction and stopped when you reached him. You cleared your throat.

“Hey Cloud. What are you doing here?” you questioned. He turned to glance at you. He looked a little flustered when he saw you.

“I uh, well…” he shuffled his feet and shifted his weight in a moment of frustration. “I… came to see Auron” he finished as he glanced up at a man sitting near Cid and Leon. You smiled at him.

“Okay Cloud” you replied with a laugh. He smiled down at you

“Shouldn’t you go and eat your food before it gets cold?” he questioned. You looked down to notice that the tray of food was still in your hands before replying.

“Uh, yeah, maybe. Guess I’ll see you later” you turned away from Cloud and walked back to sit with Yuffie and Namine.