Silent Heroes - Chapter 10

You got up and readied yourself for school before Yuffie and Namine in the morning. You had had a terrible dream about those black demon-like creatures that the news reporter had discussed yesterday, you thought you had forgotten, but apparently your subconscious had not. Tossing and turning all night, you were obviously not able to get much sleep. You were eating breakfast when the others finally decided to rise for the day ahead. You greeted them as they walked into the kitchen, which was connected to the living room. They were dressed already. Yuffie grabbed a piece of toast off of your plate and took a sip of your orange juice before poking her tongue out at you.

“Hey! Ew!” you frowned at her as you furrowed your brows, backing up from the breadcrumbs on her tongue.

You waited for Namine to grab her stuff before the three of you left.

“Oh by the way, we got this cut yesterday. I guess I can have mine back” Yuffie smirked at you before throwing you a key.

“Thanks Yuff” you sighed offering her an unsure smile as you returned her key.

You reached the school and slumped to your first lesson, Geography. Auron taught this class and he was extra nice to you for some reason. He also paid you a little more interest than he did the rest of the class. Which was awkward as he would keep asking you questions. Luckily enough you were seated next to Zexion who jumped in and answered the few that you didn’t know. You noticed that Reno and Axel were in this class too. Axel had smirked at you when you walked in whilst Reno offered a gentle smile. Marluxia sat across from them. He simply stared at you, which actually made you feel a little uncomfortable. Xion sat near the red haired brothers. She let out a sigh at their reactions towards you.

>>Fast Forward>>

Science was next. And of course Xemnas was staring at you throughout the whole lesson. Zack made a few jokes about it after the lesson but you simply ignored his immaturity and talked to Demyx, who still appeared to be pretty excited about you starting work with him. You checked your timetable to see what you had next. Finally, something that may be a little fun, music. You put your timetable back.

“What have you got next _____?” Demyx questioned enthusiastically as he stole a glance over your shoulder.

“Music” you shrugged.

“Me too, I’ll walk you there” you noticed Zack, now glaring at Demyx.

“Sure” you replied sparing a small giggle at Zack.

You arrived in music, Demyx walking beside you shyly the whole way. Larxene had already started class when you arrived. She glared at you coldly as you stood by the door. Demyx ran to his place and picked up his sitar.

“____ ~~~~~ I presume?” she questioned. Her cold gaze did not leave your face. You nodded, swallowing a lump in your throat. This woman was seriously scary.

“What do you play?” she questioned. You glanced around. Axel, Marluxia, Rika, Sora. They all appeared to have some sort of brass instrument or something that could be played in a choir. There were some instruments in the corner too. A drum, guitar, bass guitar, keyboard...

“Um, I can play the keyboard” you glanced back at her. She tutted.

“You will play piano” she instructed, pointing to an old piano in a corner. You sighed and made your way over there.

You lifted the dusty cover over on the old grand piano to reveal the ivory keys beneath it. You ran your index finger across them.

“Well then. Let’s begin” Larxene instructed. Demyx started on his sitar before the rest of the band came in. Were they playing classical music? And none that you had ever heard either. Axel looked utterly bored as he tapped his triangle. You glanced up at him to notice he was grinning at you when you heard a loud thud from outside. Zack poked his head round the door with a grin. He was panting. He looked over at you.