Silent Heroes - Chapter 35.5 **Rufus**Seifer**Noctis**

Rufus:

You woke to Yuffie screaming in your face.

“Ahhh! What do you want? Is everyone okay?” she moved back just in time as you shot up.

“Yeah everyone’s fine. You have a guest though” she grinned at you.

“Uh, I thought someone was in trouble” you sighed as you fell back into the bed.

“_____ c’mon you don’t want to keep your date waiting do you?”

“Date?” you questioned.

“Yeah, Rufus is waiting for you outside; he’s got a limo and everything. Boy, that is the kind of guy who you want to marry _____. Still in school and he’s already got enough money from his father to be able to afford a mansion.”

You let Yuffie trail off as a smiled grazed your features at the thought of Rufus.

“I don’t care about the money Yuffie.”

“You don’t?” she interrupted herself.

“No I care about him, now let me get dressed” you laughed as you pushed her out of the room.

“Fine, but still the money is an important factor and you want an expensive wedding ring and…”

You shut the door and rushed to get dressed. You could still hear the muffled tones of Yuffie’s voice behind the closed door. Though you finally managed to get past her and through the front door.

Rufus was already standing by the door of a long white limo, holding it open for you.

“Rufus, this is beautiful” you gasped as you walked over and climbed in.

“Only the best for you” he smiled softly as he climbed in after you.

The limo was just as fancy on the inside as it was on the out. With leather seats and a drinks table in the middle.

“Only juice, I know you’re not much of a drinker” he laughed as he offered you a beverage.

“No. And thank you” you replied with a soft chuckle as you took the drink from his hands.

“I have something for you” he dug into the pocket of his white suit and bought out a short chain with half of a broken heart on it.

“Rufus… I…” you mumbled hopelessly.

He simply smiled as he fixed it around your neck.

“There’s more,” he pulled another chain from under his shirt. This chain had the other side of the heart to complete your necklace. “Now you’ll always know that I love you _____.”

“Rufus I… Uh… Um…” you slapped yourself internally as you stuttered.

“It’s okay _____. I understand that those words mean a lot. Just think about it okay?”

You smiled and nodded as the limo pulled up at the park.

“You want to stretch your legs a little before we head back?” Rufus offered.

You nodded your head again as he helped you out of the car. You walked for a while, talking about school and your other friends before he dropped you home. You gave him a hug which he returned before heading inside to tell Yuffie and Namine about your day.

Seifer:

“_____” Yuffie hovered over you as you opened your eyes drearily.

“Yuffie, what are you doing?” you questioned.

“That idiot Seifer is waiting outside for you?” she rolled her eyes.