Chapter 42 : Reunion

RAPUNZEL'S POV

" What are we going to do? " Hiccup asked.

No one could answer that question, so no one responded.

A thick silence weighed over the room, it was killing me not to say something, but I couldn't say anything that would make it better.

Flynn was the first one to break the silence, " Well we can't just stand here all day, obviously Anna and Kristoff didn't take Elsa, so someone must've and then they went after them. "

" But why wouldn't they tell us? We could've helped, " Merida spoke.

What she said brought the room into silence again.

" Maybe we could check the security tapes? " Hiccup suggested, " That could tell us what happened. "

" Good idea Hiccup, let's go find someone that could help us, " Jack said walking towards the door.

The rest of us followed, we found the nurse from earlier and told her Hiccup's idea. She explained that the footage was already under review and when they found out what happened they would tell us.

So all that we could do now, was wait.

ANNA'S POV

As Kristoff and I started our search, we quickly realized how dumb of an idea it was.

" So how are we going to know which buildings have heliports on them? " I asked Kristoff.

He thought about it for a moment, " I have no idea. "

I let out a sigh, " Then what are we supposed to do now? "

" Well I know what we should do, we should go back to the hospital and tell everyone else, " he said.

" No, " I said shaking my head, " We can't go back now, not without Elsa. "

Kristoff grabbed my arm, pulling me to a stop, " Anna, we need to go back, everyone will be worried. "

" No one will be as worried as I am about Elsa! " I snapped and instantly regretted the tone of voice that came out.

He pretended to ignore the angry sound of my voice, " Not Jack? Or Rapunzel? " he asked, " Or how about Hiccup or Astrid? "

I looked down, he was right, they all cared so much about Elsa.

" And now they not only have Elsa to worry about, but they also you, " He said, moving his hand off my arm to hold my hands in his.

I made eye contact with him, " Okay, let's go back, we need all the help we can get if we are going to find Elsa. "

HICCUP'S POV

We all sat around in Elsa's vacant room, waiting for what they found on the video tapes.

I looked over at Merida, she was sitting on the window sill, leaning against the wall and sleeping.

Then I looked over at Astrid, she was sitting on the bed beside where Elsa's used to be, she looked completely lost in thought.

I got up off the floor to go sit over by Astrid.

" Hey, " she said as I sat beside her.

" What are you thinking about? " I asked.

She sighed, " Oh, just about how a couple of days ago, where the only thing I cared about was who was my next pickpocket victim. Now, I'm worried for Elsa's life, doesn't it seem like forever ago where all we cared about was not getting caught by the cops? "

" Yeah, I don't know how I'll ever go back to that, I want to live honestly, but it seems impossible now, " I told her.

" People like us, we don't live honestly and that's just something you have to live with, " she responded, lightly hitting me on the shoulder and the leaning back on the bed and closing her eyes.

I thought about what she said, I wanted to be able to prove her wrong, but every part of me knew that she was absolutely right. 

ELSA'S POV

I woke up after what seemed like forever.

Only this time, my eyes weren't glued shut and I could feel my limbs.

I opened my eyes and was blinded by an intense bright light overhead.

As I grew accustomed to the light, I looked around, I was in a fairly large room with medical equipment surrounding every wall.

I swung my feet off the metal table I was lying on. My feet hit the cold concrete floor and I looked for the door.

I used all my strength to push my body off the bed to a standing position, as soon as my feet were underneath me, my knees bent and I fell to the ground.

My head started to spin as the fresh wound on my side took the hard impact of the floor.

Pain shot everywhere in my body and I wanted to throw up because it hurt so bad.

I screamed out in pain as I started to choke on the liquid coming up my throat. As I spit out what had come up I looked around horrified to find that it was blood.

The door burst open and a man and a woman rushed to my side. They lifted me up and placed me back on the table. I would've retaliated, but I was so weak, I could barely lift up my arm.

They cleaned me up, as well as the floor, and the woman checked my vitals again.

After a few minutes she wrote something down on a clipboard and spoke, " She's stable again. "

The man nodded his head, " I should bring them in now that she's regained consciousness. "

" That sounds like a good idea, I'll wait with her just to be safe, " she said as she backed away towards a wall of cabinets.

The man nodded again and walked out of the room.

She said nothing to me, but instead fidgeted with different pieces of equipment.

Almost as soon as he left, the man came back, but this time with two other people.

I tried to sit up to see who had entered but was too weak.

The man came and brought me to a sitting position.

As soon as I looked at them my heart stopped.

I felt tears starting to swell in my eyes, I tried to speak but nothing came out.

My breathing became heavy and my pulse was out of control.

I swallowed and took as much air into my lungs as possible.

My voice came out shaky and weak.

" Dad? "