Chapter 8

For a few days, Lexie had given serious consideration to going out with Dr. Greene. It's not like he'd asked her but the stares and smirks that he gave her everyday were more than suggestive—he liked her. She just didn't think getting involved with a co-worker was such a good idea—just look at her track record. It'd been a while since she'd been on a date though. It was this very thing that she was pondering on when he walked up to her. She was tapping her pen at the nurses' station and had her hand on her face. She saw movement out the corner of her eye and unconsciously turned towards that direction.

"Dr. Grey." He smiled at her before putting a stack of charts behind the counter.

"Hello, Dr. Greene." Lexie replied.

"You…you look very nice today." He told her.

"Thank you," Lexie said as she turned her whole body towards him. "I'm not sure how one could look nice in scrubs and a lab coat though." She chuckled.

"I didn't just mean your clothes. I mean... you overall." He said and Lexie could see the faint blush forming on his cheeks. She was so out of practice in dealing with men that she didn't even know how to take a compliment anymore.

"Oh," Lexie looked away. "Thanks."

"I just think a woman should be told when she's beautiful."

"Dr. Greene," Lexie quickly turned back to him after hearing his words. "What exactly are you trying to say?"

"I think you're beautiful," He shrugged. "And I would love to take you out sometime." He stuffed his hands into his lab coat.

"A date?" Lexie quirked her eyebrows. "Excuse me for being forward but aren't you newly divorced?"

"I am." He nodded.

"So you're already over your wife? Is this a rebound for you?"

"Just think of it as two colleagues getting to know each other." He told her simply, avoiding her other questions.

"Let me just save you the trouble. I'm not really the dating type and especially not with men who are in love with other women. I date but it never goes anywhere, you know? The longest relationship I've been in lately has only been a year and that was—"

"You're cute when you ramble." He smiled as he cocked his head to one side.

"So I've been told." Lexie blushed a deep shade of red.

"I'm just asking to get to know you, not marry you." This man was relentless.

"I'll think about it." She sighed.

"And please, call me Josh."

"Alright Josh," She nodded. "You can call me Lexie."

"Let me know what you decided, Lexie." He smirked before walking away. Lexie followed him with her eyes until he'd turned a corner.

"I saw the whole thing." A voice said next to her. She looked over to see Arizona grinning at her like a Cheshire cat.

"Dr. Robbins, I don't…uh…"

"Josh Greene," Arizona smiled. "Every single woman in this hospital has been after him before, during, and after his marriage."

"It's not like that." Lexie started to say as she shook her head.

"He's never showed interest in any other woman as long as he's worked here. He likes you, go for it." Arizona encouraged.

"Why are you being so nice? I thought you couldn't stand me like—"

"Calliope? Mark?" Arizona chuckled softly before becoming serious. "Lexie, you and I used to be somewhat friends—"

"Yeah but that was a long time ago when we were both dating a pair of best friends." Lexie said dryly.