Chapter 10

He didn't think he could've went to sleep last night even if he tried. The shocking news that he had yet another daughter was reeling in his head. After the big revelation of Andy's parentage, Mark went to Joe's but no matter how much alcohol he downed, he remembered every detail of the previous night's happenings. Of course, Joe took his keys so he spent the night at the hospital in an on-call room. He was on his way home now where he planned to tell Julia everything along with Callie, Arizona, and Sofia. This had been kept a secret long enough—he wanted everything out in the open. He called Callie while he was on his way home and told her, Arizona, Sofia, and herself needed to come over. Nothing had gone according to plan at all yesterday. He was going to propose to Julia at dinner in front of all their friends but that didn't happen. Right before he was about to do it, he wanted to use the bathroom to calm his nerves. Unfortunately, someone was using the downstairs bathroom, which is what caused Mark to go upstairs in the first place. He hated to think that if he would've never went upstairs, he'd be engaged but he wouldn't have found out about Andy. He tried his best to enter the condo as quietly as possible but it didn't matter. There was Julia sitting on the couch, looking concerned and worried.

"Mark!" She exclaimed, jumping up from the couch as she did so. "Where've you been? I was so worried!" She said in a rush as she started checking him over.

"I'm fine." He said as he peeled off his jacket and headed to the kitchen to get some much needed coffee.

"You didn't answer my question," Julia said as she followed him into the kitchen. "Where were you?"

"I was at Joe's." He sighed wearily.

"Why? You just drove off without any explanation! Callie and Arizona had to drive me home."

"Sorry about that." He mumbled before sipping on his coffee.

"We were all worried about you," Julia stressed. "You want to tell me what's going on?"

"I will but," Mark came over and placed both of his hands on Julia's shoulders. "It's complicated and Callie, Arizona, and Sofia need to hear this too."

"Is it bad?" Julia asked concerned. "Are you sick?"

"No,no. It's nothing like that." Mark assured her.

"Alright."

"I've already told Callie, Arizona, and Sofia to come over."

"Mark—" Julia began but was cut-off by the sound of the key unlocking the front of the door.

"Good," Mark said knowing Callie, Arizona, and Sofia had arrived because they were the only people who had spare keys. "We can get this out the way." He said as he walked to the hallway with Julia closely behind him.

"This better be good," Callie told him. "We're missing all the Black Friday deals."

"Calliope, I've told you, if you want those deals you've got to get up way earlier than this."

"Yeah, yeah." Callie said. "So Mark, what's up?"

"You guys should sit down." He told them as they all looked at him worriedly.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Sofia asked concerned as she sat between her moms.

"I'm fine squirt. I promise."

"Alright Mark, out with it." Julia said impatiently as she sat in an armchair.

"Sofia, your moms and Julia already know this part but I'm just going to give you a short version of it. Andy's mom and I used to be a thing—"

"You and Lexie? But she's so much younger than you."

"Thanks captain obvious," Mark sighed. "Anyways, we were a thing but due to…certain circumstances, we broke up and she moved to Boston. When she went to Boston, she found out she was pregnant…and according to the birth certificate I was the last person she slept with." Mark finished.