Chapter 11

Two weeks later…

Julia and Callie had been completely dismayed by the results of the paternity test—Andy was Mark's. Julia would have to get used to yet another daughter (that wasn't her's) being a part of their lives but what Julia couldn't stand the most was this was a child produced out of love; when she and Mark got together, he told her all about Lexie and how much it'd hurt to even think about her and she could tell that he'd really been in love with her. Sofia was just a product of a one night stand. She'd talked to Callie about this and Callie assured her that Mark and Lexie were history and them having a child wasn't going to change that; Mark loved her and they'd been together for quite some time. Julia was still skeptical even after Callie's talk because if he was so in love with her, why hadn't he married her or wanted to have kids with her after all this time? She squashed her feelings about the issue and decided she would be just as accepting of Andy as she'd been of Sofia.

"When is Andy going to come over for dinner?" Julia asked as she set a plate of eggs, bacon, and hash browns in front of Mark. Ever since the results of the paternity test, Mark had been going over to see Andy or they'd gone out somewhere together but he hadn't brought her to meet Julia yet and she was getting anxious. "Oh, does she not like to be called Andy? Should I call her Andria?"

"I'm sure she'll be okay with you calling her Andy," Mark assured her. "I was thinking we could have her over tonight…if she's okay with it."

"Alright." Julia nodded as she wiped her hands on a towel.

"Babe?" Mark asked.

"Hmm?"

"I just want to say thank you for being so accepting of this," Mark sighed as he got up from his chair and went over to Julia. "I know this can't be easy."

"I'm not going to stand in the way of you getting to know your daughter," Julia told him softly. "And besides, it happened before I even met you." She shrugged.

"This isn't going to change anything." He told her.

"I know," Julia lied as she placed her head on his shoulder."So, what's going on with Andy and Sofia?" Julia changed the subject.

"Sofia is still sensitive about the whole thing," Mark said as he pulled back from her and rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't think she's talking to Andy much."

"You should talk to her," Julia said. "It's not Andy's fault she was conceived. It's no one's fault."

"I know, I know. I just think she's scared of being replaced."

"Yeah, I can understand that," Julia nodded. "She's always been a daddy's girl."

"She's still my girl…it's just that—"

"Andy's your girl now too." Julia suggested.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I hope they work things out," Julia said. "And poor Kylie. I know she hates being in the middle of it."

"Yeah," Mark sighed. "Derek told me heard her arguing on the phone with Sofia for not talking to Andy."

"I hope things go back to normal." Julia sighed.

"I don't think they can, hun." Mark admitted.

"Well, I hope we're all able to adapt to the situation," Julia tried again. "Eat your breakfast before it gets cold." Julia told him.

"I can't believe they aren't talking to each other," Meredith sighed as she and Lexie lounged in the tunnels. "They've been best friends since they were in diapers."