Chapter 6

Her head was killing her and she knew that she was scheduled today but at this point, she felt like she couldn't even get out of bed. She didn't even remember how she ended up in bed. She slowly opened her eyes, thinking quickly that it was a mistake to do so. She squinted as the bright light came into contact with her eyes. She eventually pulled herself into a sitting position and looked down at herself. She was still in her clothes. The last thing she remembered was going to Joe's and…Mark. She'd accepted a ride from Mark. She glanced at the clock and figured she had enough time to shower, grab breakfast, and still manage to catch a ride with either Meredith or Derek. She reluctantly swung her feet over the bed, shivering as her feet made contact with the wooden floor. She stood up, yawned, and stretched her arms over her head before heading to the bathroom to get ready.

After she finished getting dress, she headed downstairs where Andy, Meredith, and Kylie were sitting at the table, talking in hushed whispers.

"Morning." Lexie said as she grabbed a mug from the cabinet and commenced to pour herself some coffee.

"Who's Mark?" Andy asked, getting to the point.

"Huh?" Lexie feigned ignorance as she sipped from the mug.

"Mark," Andy said again. "Tall, scruffy beard, kind of hot." Andy described, making Lexie cringe—she'd just described her father as hot.

"Mark…Sloan?" Meredith shrieked.

"Uncle Mark?" Kylie jumped in.

"Yesterday wasn't a good day and I—"

"Got drunk off your…" Andy knew not to finish that statement after her mother looked at her sternly.

"Like I was saying," Lexie said as she turned back to Meredith. "I ended up at Joe's and Mark drove me home and obviously he and Andy met." Lexie grumbled the last part.

"Did anything—"

"No Meredith," Lexie shooked her head. "Nothing happened."

"But—"

"No buts! That's the end of the story."

"Who exactly is this Mark guy?" Andy asked curiously.

"It's really not important," Lexie said before Meredith or Kylie could say anything. "Mer, I need either you or Derek to take me to Joe's on the way to work so I can get my car."

"Derek already left so after we take the girls to school, I'll drop you off." Meredith agreed.

"School!" Lexie slapped her palm on her forehead. "I'm so sorry, Andy. How was your first day of school?"

"It was okay." She shrugged.

"Any new acquaintances?" Lexie figured it was a little too early to use the term friends since today would only be her second day.

"Not really," She said. "Except Sofia and Jennifer."

"Oh…that's nice," Lexie said slowly. Did it scare her that Andy was secretly associating with her unknown half-sister? Yes. "Are you going to join in any clubs? Go out for volleyball maybe?" She turned around to grab a breakfast sandwich out of the freezer.

"I'll probably try out for volleyball but I don't know for sure." Andy said nervously.

"You're great at volleyball and you really love it." Lexie said, encouragingly as she threw the sandwich in the microwave.

"Sof and I are definitely making her join the yoga club with us." Kylie said excitingly.

"Yoga, eh?" Meredith said as she raised her eyebrow.