Chapter 9

Meredith was angry. Lexie hadn't trusted her enough to tell her that Mark Sloan was Andy's father. Her head was still reeling. She looked over at Andy who was currently looking down at the birth certificate. Meredith couldn't even imagine what was going through her head right now. They sat in a somewhat awkward silence as Meredith drove.

"Let's try to call your mom again, huh?" Meredith asked as they came to a stop light.

"Why bother? She's…probably stuck in surgery or something." Andy said nonchalantly.

"Andy….sweetie, I'm sure your mom has a perfectly acceptable explanation—"

"Aunt Meredith, please don't," Andy shook her head, not wanting to hear the excuses her aunt was about to give her. "She's your sister and I understand you want to sit there and defend her but not for this. This is…its unforgivable," Andy was on the verge of tears. "All my life she…she sat there and she lied! She told me he didn't want me and the truth is, he doesn't even know I exist." Andy let the tears run down her face.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie." Meredith said as she squeezed Andy's shoulder.

"Me too because I've been without a dad all my life and I've missed out on that." Andy wiped her face.

"You guys are going to talk about it, okay? And everything is going to be fine." Meredith assured her. She looked up and watched as the light changed. She stepped on the gas and aunt and niece continued to their destination. Meredith pulled up to the house and before she and Andy got out the car, Meredith turned to her.

"Andy, will you let me have the birth certificate?" Meredith asked and she handed it over wordlessly. Meredith stuffed the document into her coat pocket. "Please, don't say anything to anybody until you and your mom have talked. Promise me that."

"Okay." Andy sighed and then laughed suddenly.

"What is it?" Meredith asked confused.

"This means Sofia is my half-sister." Andy laughed and shook her head at the same time. Meredith looked from her niece to the front of her house.

"I hadn't thought of that," Meredith said truthfully. "But yeah, she is."

"This has got to be the most messed up holiday I've ever had in my life." Andy commented before they got out the car. Meredith grabbed the casserole and pie and opened the front door. She could hear Lucy, Callie, and Arizona laughing in the kitchen.

"Why don't you go upstairs? Kylie, Sofia, and Jennifer are all up there."

"Alright." Andy said as she headed to the stairs. Meredith watched her go up them and then she walked into the kitchen with the food.

"Hey! How's it going in here?" Meredith asked as she put on her façade.

"Hey, Grey!" Callie turned to see Meredith putting the food on the counter. "It's going pretty good."

"Super," Meredith smiled. "Where's Derek?" Meredith asked them.

"He, Karev, and Dylan are watching the game." Arizona told her.

"Mark and Julia aren't here yet?" She asked.

"No…I think they're going to take their time getting here." Callie said mischievously.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I think he's going to propose to her." Callie said happily.

"Oh? Realy? Why…uh…why do you think that?"

"Well, I went ring shopping with him a few weeks ago and then hinted that it was going to be a memorable Thanksgiving." Callie squealed.

"Awww," Lucy gushed. "Good for them."