Chapter 12

"So, are you grounded?" Kylie's voice sounded from the laptop. Andy walked over to her laptop from her closet with a pair of jeans in hand.

"No. I didn't do anything wrong." Andy said confidently.

"Lucky," Kylie said. "My parents would've probably grounded me anyways."

"I don't know which shirt to wear." Andy mumbled in frustration before heading back to her closet and out of her cousin's view.

"What's the big deal?" Kylie asked. "It's just Julia."

"To you it's just Julia but to me…it's my newly found dad's girlfriend," Andy said as she came back to the laptop with a polka dotted tunic. She put it up to her chest and modeled it for Kylie. "What do you think?"

"It's fine," Kylie waved her off. "Why do you want to make such a good impression anyways?"

"He's more than likely going to spend the rest of his life with this woman and I just want her to like me," Andy sighed before throwing the shirt on her bed along with the pair of jeans. "God knows everyone else important in his life doesn't."

"You're referring to Sofia and Callie." Kylie said pointedly.

"Yeah." Andy said before grabbing her laptop and sitting down on her bed.

"If I know Uncle Mark, he had a good talk with Sofia and she'll probably back off." Kylie explained knowingly.

"And Callie?"

"I don't really know," Kylie admitted. "I've never seen her like this before."

"I just feel like I've turned his family upside down." Andy said dejectedly but perked up when she laid eyes on her phone and saw Aiden had sent her a text message.

"Let me guess…Aiden?" Kylie smirked. Everyone had gotten used to seeing Andy's smile that was reserved just for Aiden.

"Yep." Andy said as she picked up her phone and read the message.

"What did lover boy have to say about your fight with Sofia?" Kylie asked.

"He said that she was flirting with him but he let her down nicely and there's no reason for me to be jealous or anything because I'm the only girl for him." Andy gushed.

"Awwww," Kylie swooned. "How cute! I wish I had a boyfriend like him." Kylie pouted.

"One day, Kyls. One day." Andy assured her.

"Kylie!" Andy heard her Aunt Meredith's voice.

"Jeez, she's loud." Andy laughed.

"Tell me about it," Kylie laughed too. "She's probably calling me for dinner. Let me know how the dinner goes."

"Will you come rescue me if it goes wrong?"

"How?"

"I don't know! You and Uncle Derek can randomly stop by!"

"You'll be fine." Kylie said lastly before ending their video chat.

"I hope so." Andy mumbled to herself as she fell back on her bed.

"Hey you," Lexie said as she came into Andy's room. "I'm surprised you aren't dressed yet. Your dad should be here soon." Lexie said as she looked at her watch.

"I know," Andy said as she sat up to look at her mom. She smiled as she took in her appearance. Lexie was wearing a pair of dark trouser jeans, a sheer maroon blouse, and a pair of wedged heels. Her hair had grown a lot since they'd move to Seattle and she wore it up in a bun with a few loose pieces of hair framing her face. "You look cute, mom."