X - His Story

Knock on Sanyukta's door woke up both Randhir and Sanyukta. It was Sanyukta's mother. Sanyukta quickly indicated Randhir to hide behind the cupboard while she answered her mother

"I'm gonna sleep some more time today maa."

"Are you fine?" Asked her mother concerned

"No, I just slept late yesterday." She made up

As soon as she heard her mother's steps retreat ,she called back the hidden Randhir.

"Thank God, we were about to get caught" he sighed

"Anyways , thanks for coming. I really was missing you" she smiled

"Me too" he grinned

"I think you need to go home now, your mom might be worried" she said.

"She probably wouldn't have noticed me missing" he said bitterly

"Randhir" she held his hand "what happened?"

He looked away. She caught his chin and made him look towards her.

"Look at me. Please tell me. What happened? Why do you hate your mom ? Share it. You'll feel lighter. You shouldn't keep feelings compressed in yourself for longer"

He looked into her eyes and nodded.

"My mom is not what moms really are ! She's just a namesake mother." He said
She made him sit on the sofa nearby and she too sat beside him.

"You know when I was kid too she didn't give me much attention and love I deserved. It was always dad who looked after me"

Sanyukta remembered that in her childhood Randhir stayed with his Dad in his home and his mom usually came on weekends after her work.

"Everything was fine until the day my dad's office was taken over by someone and he lost his job. That was the chance when mom started to say that she'll work. Dad however didn't find job ,so he let her build her career." He continued

Now she could fit in the pieces of the puzzle of his life a little bit. She had always wondered how his father would be in house 24/7 while her father used to go to office.

" We were staying in Dad's ancestral home. Mom wanted to shift somewhere she could build her career stronger. She even tried asking dad but he was firm on not leaving that home. So she decided to stay away from us. She just used to send some money on time to us. "

"I didn't care much. I was pretty happy without her. We were better off without her. Until my dad had an accident and he.... And he" Randhir sobbed. Sanyukta quickly held his hand. She knew what happened. His dad died due to car crash.

"He was gone. I was crying. Mom came. She didn't stay for long. She packed my bags and took me away from everything. She took me to Canada. That's where I completed rest of my studies. She never cared about me. She...she just was working. I was living like a PG. Isolated, friendless... Lonely" he broke-down.

Sanyukta put her arms around him and engulfed him into a tight hug. He cried while she consoled him.

"Shush... I'm here for you. Always I'm here for you" she was caressing his hairs.

After about a quarter hour,he broke the hug and wiped his tears muttering sorry.

To ease the situation she just said "Look how you ruined my dress ! Anyways I'll get my breakfast to the room, I'll get some for you too"

"How about we both going down and having breakfast?" He asked

"Do you want me murdered?" She asked "If they find out that I had a boy in my room,that too in night who entered from pipe... I'm gone" she said with widened eyes.

He nodded that he understood while she went out of the door. Randhir was just looking around when he found her phone ringing. He often received her calls, so he picked this one up too

"Hello Sanyukta" said a female voice other side

"Hello" he said

"I'm sorry. Can I speak to Sanyukta?" Said on the other line

"She's a bit busy. You can leave her a message" he said

"Okay then. But who are you?"

"I'm.. Her friend" he made up

"Oh dear. Just tell her,she has appointment with me in next week. I want her to be happy. And tell her not to take sleeping pills from now on."

"Who may I tell had called ma'am" he asked

"Dr.Shaila"

He hung up.

Sleeping pills ? Why was sanyukta taking sleeping pills.?

He rummaged around in her room a bit when he found a photo album. He felt like opening it. He did open to find his childhood photos.

"How come Sanyukta was having that photos. She too was in some of the photos. That means that this sanyukta is only my Sanyukta. Both are the same" he felt happy.

Before he could cherish his happiness he found Below the photo album two small bottles. One was sleeping pills and other were anti-depressents. He picked them up thinking that Something was wrong there. There was something that Sanyukta was hiding !

____________________

A/N - Hope this chapter was interesting. Randhir's past has been revealed. Next part is sanyukta's last revelation. Hang on to the story. Another part May be updated sooner looking onto the amount of votes this chapter gets

Plus, I have updated a small OS - Together forever. Do read it and vote.

Till then Vote, comment and share. It really means a lot.

Thanks in advance

Lots of love
Hugs to all
#Anamika