V - A beautiful mistake

Both Randhir and Sanyukta sat in either corners of the place unaware of what they would do now. Sanyukta's phone was dead and she couldn't call up Vidushi. Randhir just sat in another corner staring into the darkness.

Their thought process was interrupted by ringing phone. It was Randhir's. His phone was lying on the table near Sanyukta's. She waited for him to pick it up and when he didn't she herself got up to see who it was. It showed "Mom"

"Your mom's calling" she called out to him

"Why can't you just mind your own business? " he asked offended

She walked over to where he was sitting and handed him his phone.He glared at her and snatched the phone from her hand. He lifted it up and shouted "Why don't you leave me alone ? Stop bothering me. I'll be fine as long as I'm away from you"

He threw his phone aside. It fell on floor with it's pieces detached. Sanyukta reached it and fixed it right. She had been thinking why did Randhir speak to his mom in such bad manner. He was rude but he wasn't this rude to anyone.

His phone was once again ringing. She shivered as it rung suddenly. She looked over at him with concern in her eyes.
He formed a smile and asked "it's her. Isn't it ?"

He was about to grab it from her hand but Sanyukta stretched her hands out of reach.

"Are you a kid ? Is this a bloody game ? " he bellowed.

"I know Randhir that you and your mom don't share a good equation" her hands still in the air.

"You know nothing about my mom" He said with a tone of disgust in his voice.

"Yeah I don't know that. But there is one thing I know and I would like you to know that too. See Randhir, you are not in mood now. Don't mix your bad mood with Harsh words. You'll have several opportunities to change your mood but you can't take back the spoken words."

She looked at him. He seemed calm. The phone had stopped ringing. She continued "Please don't be that Harsh. If you don't want to speak to her make it up that you are sleepy or you're busy. Don't shout...please"

The phone started ringing again. she handed it back to him. He took a deep breath before he answered it.

"What do you want mom?" He asked

After about a minute. "Okay I'm a bit busy now. So I'll try talking to you later." He hanged up.
She smiled and sat down on the floor. He sat beside her.

"I'm glad you did that" she said. He smiled as answer.

"You realize you aren't a bad person at all. In fact you're not the one whom you pretend to be." She continued

"What do you mean ?" He asked out.

"Okay. However it's boring in here. Let me make some guesses"

"About what ?"

"Your life" she said coolly

She ignored his confused face and spoke "Starting with your name. The way to tell your name Randhir tells that you have a lot of attitude. You consider yourself above all others and the most important person."

That was true. He never thought anybody above him.
He let her go on

"Next, you are usually isolated and friendless. That means you don't trust people easily and you don't want to get emotionally attached to people. You might feel that everyone who's close to you will go very far away from you."

"Next, you're generally rude to girls. That implies that perhaps you had a bad love experience with a girl or you just hate girls."

"No hang on. You think girls are made for kitchen. That means that you had someone in life who considered something else more important than their household responsibility."

She perhaps knew who it was. It was his mom. What else would he have to hate his mom so much. She felt she shouldn't speak about that and she confirmed "is that it ? "

He looked deep into her eyes and nodded.

She concluded "from my analysis I feel that you need to get a friend. Who would understand you and who would also not misunderstand you if you behaved rudely with him as of your bad past"

"Nonsense" he muttered

She frowned. Slowly she found her eyes drifting away. She dozed off silently on his shoulder. He wanted to move her but heart gave him negative response. He let her be and he too slowly fell asleep with his head above hers.

It was as though he had just slept for an hour when he heard "Ahhh..." Shouting woman's voice.

___________________________

A/N - Thank you guys for such amazing response. It really makes me feel to write more. Please do me a favour, vote and comment please. It motivates me a lot

Who do you think screamed ? What would Sandhir's reaction when they woke up in that position? Keep guessing until the next update

Hugs to all of you
Love
Anamika <3