VI - Nightmare..

Okay I was supposed to update this a day back but my personal issues had held me up. Sorry for the delay

_________________

"Ahh.." Came a loud voice.

Randhir got scared and jerked his eyes open. It had been Sanyukta who was screaming. He assumed that this position they were in made her scream and he turned to her to tell her not to over act.

He looked at her. Her panic-stricken face indicated that it wasn't this that was bothering her. She was looking at the library door with her eyes wide open. Her heart-pounding. Her breaths were heavy.

"Sanyukta... Are you fine ?" He called out slowly

She didn't react. She was staring at the door as though someone was there . someone whom she was afraid of.

He slowly approached her shoulder and touched her lightly. She jerked his hand away moving a bit far from him "No, don't touch me"

He went closer to her while she moved backwards until she hit the wall. She looked into to him with fear clearly manifested in her face.

"Leave me alone. Don't even try..." She shouted.

She hit him on his chest and pushed him down. He got onto his knees and held her cheeks and "shh.. Get grip on yourself"

She continued to fight him but he held her more tightly.

"Shh...look here. Look into my eyes. No one's here. No one is gonna touch you."

"Okay.. I won't touch you but what happened.. Are you fine ?" He asked

She was sweating profusely. She rolled her eyes. For good five minutes she stayed quite as though she was thinking what words she should speak now. He waited patiently for her to speak.

She composed herself and whispered "bad dream"

She got up and started pacing in the room.

"Oh don't worry... It was just a dream. Sleep now"

"No I can't" she said straight away

"Why can't you?" He asked confused. "You sleep here I'll go to that corner" he said assuringly .

When she still seemed confused. He said "He said don't worry. I'm here for you. I won't anyone come near you"

"Really? " she asked innocently.

He nodded in affirmative.

"Why?" She looked up

"Because... I'm your friend... Or body guard"

She smiled a little and said "be my guardian angel"

Guardian angel...did she really believe in those things he thought. yet he smiled back. A sense of relief was found in her eyes. She came back and sat beside him. She rested her head in his arms. he let her to be and called it a night

Next morning, randhir was woken by alarm in his mobile. He was about to get up when he saw sanyukta in his arms.He caressed her hairs and and whispered "Sanyukta...Wake up"

She opened her eyes and stood up immediately.

Muttering "I'm sorry." She picked up her belongings and walked off the library leaving ranchir confused. Nevertheless he took went back to his room.

Vidushi asked sanyukta as soon as she stepped into the room "Where the hell were you? why weren't you picking my phone?"

"battery dead" she mumbled

Vidushi looked onto her and said "Hey no dark-circles.You had a good sleep. after so long"

Sanyukta smiled. She quickly took a bath and went onto attend her classes. She waved onto Randhir when she saw him enter the class but he ignored it as usual and took his seat. After the class she waited for everyone to disperse. She pulled him into class and asked "Are you ignoring me?"

"What's your problem?"he asked frustrated

"My problem"she crossed her hands and said "Your problem"

"I don't have time.get going. moreover I don't want people to assume wrong things about us"

"Hopeless you are !" she said angry

"That's how I am"

"I just wanted to tell you thank you"

"for what?"

"For handling me well yesterday. I never had such sleep before" she smiled

"Okay" he started walking away

"Hey you can't do that you were my friend"

"Who said so?" he turned back

"You said so yesterday"

"I think you called me guardian angel"he intervened

"No you are my friend... I have different guardian angel"

He gave her an irritated look.

"I still think that you need a friend .trust me. you need one" she said softly

He knew she was right.

She continued "How much more will you run away from people. You need not trust everyone but you need someone who will be there to listen to you at least. "

"Parth is good. He's your roomie too. Why don't you try becoming his friend?. Take your time and think about this"

She started to collect her books and approached the exit of the door when randhir called h out "You wanna be friends with me?"

She looked surprised. "You serious?" she asked out

He nodded slowly. She was right.he needed someone who would not misunderstand him. She knew about his past...partial though. He needed someone who would stay by him even though he would be rude.Even though he would tell them to leave him alone. She did that. She proved yesterday how beautiful friend she would be

"Yes" he told firmly.

She walked upto him and shook hands"Friends"

______________________

A/N - Thank you guys for such amazing response. It really makes me feel to write more. Please do me a favour, vote and comment please. It motivates me a lot

Once again. I have posted an OS from sanyukta's point of view. Without me. Please do read it

Hugs to all of you
Love
Anamika <3