Back Home {4}

Chapter 4 - Back Home

description

kahlan: height is 1.66, hair colour is dirty blond. eyes colour is beautiful green. leave it up to your imagination with this info.

ryder: height is 1.77, hair colour is dark brown, eyes is sky blue.  leave it up to your imagination with this info.

Chapter 4 - Back Home

"Morning,  Alpha Kahlan." Said Tori

"Mor... Hey! For the billionth time, don't be so formal! Just call me Kahlan or Kale or even K!" Kahlan said with a irritated look on my face.

"Kay, Alp- Erm, Kahlan." Tori said nervously.

"Okay, go to your class." Kahlan told her.

As Tori walked away to her class, Chace came up to Kahlan.

"Hey, how is my Little Miss Alpha doing?" said Chace while he put his arm over her shoulder, grinning down at her.

"Would you mind not touching me?" Kahlan said with disgust and a little fear.

"Aw, come on, Kale. I'm not going to hurt you like that bastard did two years ago! Anyways, we'll protect you, so relax a bit!" said Chace.

"Yeah, Kale. We'll protect you!" said Jace, appearing out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of me.

"Jace, you need to stop appearing out of nowhere. It’s going to give me a heart attack one day.” Kahlan said while putting her hand on her left chest where her heart is thumping fast. “It's not that I don't trust you guys, it's just that I feel insecure on the inside about what happened, you know? I hate feeling like this, feeling scared whenever someone touches me... Alright, let's stop talking about him. It's making me sick."

Suddenly, Kahlan's phone went off, playing her ringtone I Run To You by Lady Antebellum. She answered it.

"Hello? Mum? Is that you?" Kahlan heard sobbing on the other end of the line.

"Mum, is everything alright?" She asked worriedly.

"No, everything is not alright, honey. You have to come home for a while. I don't know how long, but you have to come back! Your father had a heart attack!"

Kahlan's eyes widened in shock. A sudden stab of anxiety hit her gut. Kahlan's father had always been healthy and strong. He seldom fell sick.

 "What?! Is he going to be okay?" Kahlan asked anxiously.

"I don't know. He'd still in surgery for an emergency operation." Clarissa’s voice cracking.

"Alright mum, I'm coming home, but can I bring, say, 15 people with me?"

"Um, who are they?"

"I'll tell you when I see you. Can you asked Alpha Sirian for me?"

"Alright, hold on. He's right here."

"Alright dear. Alpha Sirian said you can bring them. We'll prepare rooms for them."

"Yay! Thanks mum. Thank Alpha Sirian for me too, please. I'll take the next plane there right after school."

Alright people, do you guys want to go back to my hometown with me? Kahlan asked through the pack's mind links, her voice wooden; distant.

Why are we going there so suddenly?  Jake, a member of the pack asked.

My dad had a heart attack. Kahlan replied, her voice quavering..

Oh, sorry... Jake said sorrowfully.

So you guys coming?

Hell yeah, but only if you show us around your town. Tori said

No problem ! Oh, and we're going to school there for a few months too. Is that alright with you guys? Kahlan asked.

Yup, no problem. the pack said.

Okay! Then we'll leave a few hours after school, so straight after school, pack your stuff. Oh, we're meeting my old pack. Don't be rude to them. Kahlan warned them.

Kahlan then directed the next part to Alison. Alison was her little girl. Not everyone know she is Kahlan's biological child, only Jace and Chace know. Everyone thought that she adopted her.

Hey baby girl! Get ready! After school we're moving for a few months to Miami ! So in the mean time, be good to your nanny until I pick you up, okay?

Okay. Alison said.

********************************************************************

"Are you guy ready? If we don't leave soon, we'll be late for our flight!" Kahlan asked anxiously, worried for her dad.

Jace who had finished packing said,” Calm down, we will be in Miami in no time.”

“ How can I calm down when my dad is in danger of dying !” Kahlan voice rose to an octave.

Jace was opened his mouth but before words could come out, Chace interrupted.

“ Hey, Kale. We are all ready to leave.” Said Chace.

When Kahlan turned around to walk to the front door, she saw Jace mouthed ‘ thanks ‘ to Chace.

“ I saw that, Jace.” Kahlan said, half amused.

********************************************************************

The pack got off the plane and went to the pickup point to get their bags and luggage. They went out of the airport where Clarissa was waiting for them.

"Hey mum!" Kahlan said. Her face beaming, her eyes danced, pupils dilated but her face changed to solemn when she thought of my dad.

"Hey baby, I missed you! And who are all these people following you?" Clarissa asked while giving Kahlan a hug.

"Oh, well, I will tell you later."

Clarissa looked at Kahlan. "Oh, erm... Alright. Well, hop on, and we'll get to the pack house. Everyone is expecting you!"

"Um, mom, how are we all going to fit in the car? And how’s dad ?"

"Oh, I drove a van here. Your dad is in coma." Clarissa choked out the last part and tears started to form in her eyes.

Before she could cry, Kahlan quickly comforted her.

“ Mum, dad would be alright. He is strong. We must trust him to pulled it through.” Kahlan said while hugging my mum tight, struggling to stop my tears from falling.

OKAYS !!! this is it !!! you want to know why kahlan doesnt like other people touch her ? you will know NEXT chapter !!!!

pls pls pls VOTE ME, FAN ME, AND COMMENT !!!!

LOVE YA