The Other Werewolves {3}

Chapter 3

Urgh! Oh, for god sake! Can someone shut the alarm clock ? Kahlan thought as she reached her hand out from under the covers and search for the alarm clock with her eyes shut and turned it off and went back to sleep.  

A few moments later, Jace barged into Kahlan's room and shouts, "Kahlan! Wakey, wakey!", scaring her in the process. She screamed and fall off the bed and onto the floor, causing Jace to bent over, holding his stomach in laughter. She threw a pillow in his face but before it could reach him, he caught it and said," Come on, Kale, it's time to wake up or we'll be late for school."

Ever since Kahlan told him the truth about why she is in Europe, she had been staying in Jace's house. The both of them had become best friends and are very close during this past 3 year, like real siblings and they have always looked out for one another. So when Kahlan told Jace that she wanted to go to school in Weres Angeles high school, he transferred to go to the same school as her.

On the first day of school, they found out one thing and that is Jace had been wrong. There are still some werewolves alive in this country after hunters' attack but they were young and didn't have a pack. Some are the same age as Kahlan, some younger by a few years and some are 5 or 6 years old. So Jace and Kahlan decided to form a pack with them and Kahlan was the alpha of the pack. The pack and her get along very well and like Jace, Chase was her best friend.

Kahlan was pretty close to him too.

So this was how Jace and Kahlan found out about the werewolves still alive.

Jace parked in the school parking lot. After he killed the engine, the both of them got out of the car. Many people turned their heads to look at them. Most of the guys were looking at Kahlan with lust. Jace and Kahlan growled at them as they could almost hear their perverted thoughts.

The both of them made their way to the office to take their schedules since they were new here. When they almost made it to the office, that's when they smelled it. 

"Hey, Jace, didn't you tell me you were the only werewolf in the country?" Kahlan asked curiously. 

"Yeah. This is weird. Crescent Moon pack and my pack are alliances. When the hunters attacked us, we combined together to fight the hunters. I remembered that after the fight, I was the last one standing. It's impossible to have werewolves, other than you and me, in the country." Jace replied confused.

"Okay. After we get our schedules, we go check it out. " Kahlan suggested.

 They pushed opened the glass doors to the office and walked in.

"Hi, I'm Vanessa. How can I help you ? " asked a girl behind the desk.

"Hi. My name is Kahlan and this is Jace. We're new and were told to take our schedules here."

"Oh right, Here are your schedules and your locker numbers. I gave you guys the lockers that are side by side to one another, " said Vanessa.

"Okie dokes. Thanks. We appreciate it." Kahlan snatched Jace’s schedule from his grasp and compared both of their schedules and realized that they had the same classes together. They went to their lockers and put their books away quickly. And all of sudden, the scent of a werewolf came by Kahlan.

Kahlan turned Jace and said, " Did you smell a werewolf ? " 

"Yeah," came his answer. 

Both Kahlan and Jace followed the scent and it led to a girl. Kahlan tapped on the girl's shoulder.