Rejected {2}

Chapter 2 - Rejected

"Alright! People of Moon Domistrial pack. Gather please." Spoke the Alpha Sirian Johanson in a strong  loud voice.

Every member of the pack gathered around the living room of the home they were residing in. Ryder, who was the son of Alpha Sirian, was standing beside him.

"As you all should know, today is my son's birthday; which is the day fate chose his mate for him. We will know who Ryder's mate is, later during the bonfire as it is a tradition for the Alphas to find out who his or her mate is during that specific time. Before I dismiss you all back to your partying, I expect all of you to be sober. Understood?" His voice was stern, warning to all that he was dead serious.

"Yes Alpha." Repeated all in unison.

"Good. You all are dismissed." Alpha Johanson watched as many turned and returned to their conversations, and socializing between one another.

***************************************************************************************************

Everyone sat around the large bonfire which made the flames flicker and grow. They chatted among themselves, waiting for Alpha Sirian as well as Ryder to appear.

Ryder along with Alpha Sirian came out of the house and stood in the circle where everyone could have a clear view of them.

While Alpha Sirian was speaking, Ryder was looking around the circle and when his gaze caught Kahlan's, their eyes immediately locked on one another.

"Mate." Ryder said.

While Kahlan's wolf, Apollonia, was going crazy, howling mate in her head, Kahlan stared at Ryder in shock.

Alpha Sirian immediately stopped his talking and turned to look at him, then following Ryder's gaze on Kahlan. He smiled widely.

"Congratulations, son! You have found your mate!"

"Congratulations ? No, thank you, dad. She is not good enough for me." Ryder said, rolling his eyes and looked at Kahlan, saying the most devastating words she ever heard in her 18 years ever since she was born, "I reject you."

After hearing those words, Kahlan immediately felt completely depressed. 

Everyone was shell shocked. Kahlan's throat constricted. Her chest felt heavy. Pain filled her heart. Her tears threatened to spill out, making her look weak. she felt as if a dull, ache gnawing at her soul as she stood there staring at him.

Kahlan turned and quickly ran back inside the house, running to her room. She turned on her computer, hitting the keys frantically as if they would disappear. She booked a flight to Auckland, deleted the history and packed her bag full of everything she needed. She was too anguished to stay in this place.

Kahlan wrote a solemn note:

'I am leaving. I am sorry guys, but I need time away after being rejected. I don't know when I will be back, so don't bother looking for me.'

After she finished writing the note, she placed it neatly on her desk where anyone could see it from the doorway.

Kahlan quickly walked out of her room, closing the door quietly and walked out through the front and running to the main road as if the hell hounds are on her tail, and flagged for a taxi.

The minute Kahlan went into the house, Ryder's mom, Selene, turned to him.

"Ryder!" Selene scolded Ryder harshly.

"She is a nice, innocent girl. How could you do this to her?! How could you reject her without knowing her?!" She continued in rage.

" Yeah sure, she is nice and innocent but she is not my type. End of story." Ryder said proudly.