Descriptive Essay

I hastened on my way to the coaster that stood taller than any of the others. I spotted it easily with just my own eyesight; no binoculars or map needed. I fought my way through the heavy crowds that wandered in the other direction. A parade of colors flew past me. They casually strolled along, enjoying the warm, sunny day. My gait was brisk as I hurried onward, attempting to beat the few following me to the line.

The sweet smells of ice cream and donuts wafted toward me from a nearby food stand. The aroma smelled like that of the fair's. I admired the smell for a few moments, allowing myself to visualize the caramel that topped the ice cream and the glaze of the donuts, then continued on my way.

I gave no attention to the other attractions I passed by, tempting as they may have been. I focused my sights on one coaster, the Top Thrill Dragster. I stood underneath the towering beast and became smaller than ever. I felt like a tiny ant compared to a human being. I stared in awe for a short time, then pressed forward.

When I arrived at the line it looked like it stretched a mile long, zigzagging back and forth between the rails. I patiently waited my turn, listening to the chatter of the people beside me and the soft call of the birds in the trees.

Eventually, I made it to the front of the line and seated myself in a row near the front of the car. I watched as the lights on the traffic light at the beginning of the ride changed from red, to yellow, to green. I was propelled forward at such a speed I almost could not comprehend. A sense of exhilaration filled my being when my 17 second ride ended. A wave of disorientation hit me and I nearly fell to the ground when I stepped off the ride. I could not wait to ride another coaster!