My Life As An Egyptian (Emma)

A/N: And here's my other sister's paper, also for school, and also 12 years old (And yes, I heavily edited this one as well). Hope you like it! :)

Crash! Oops, I broke my tablet! Sorry, let me get a new one. There! My name is Maia. I am 12 years old. I live in Marina, Egypt and my house is by a lake. My dad is a priest. I am going to be a scribe. I go to a special school where I learn reading, writing, mathematics, morals, manners, and sports. I write on a daily basis. For fun I watch dancing at the theater. I also play and listen to music. My family uses a wig and makeup in order to show our social status. The only one who is at a higher status than us is the pharaoh.

Bang! It came from the edubba–the tablet house. I ran over there quick as a flash. Looking around the scene, I immediately noticed that some tablets were broken and some were missing. The broken ones were like smashed glass. I took up the task of finding the missing tablets, joining with a group of others who were doing the same. We were looking for Pamiu, who everyone knows is a tomb robber. One person saw him go east with the tablets, so we went after him. We ran to catch him. He was running, so we had to run really fast to catch up.

Pamiu slowed down and finally stopped to rest, not knowing he was being followed, then he got up and started walking at a slower pace. We didn't take the tablets at this time because we were tired too and didn't think we would be strong enough to wrestle them away from him. We followed him for hours until he went to sleep. Upon closer inspection, we saw that the tablets in his possession were broken and we took them back home. When we got back home it was late afternoon. The scribes and I made copies of the broken tablets, then threw the originals away. By time we did that it was late. We went to bed in order to get up early and repeat the whole process once again, minus the stealing of the tablets, of course.