Chapter One

Chapter One

And we walked down the bar, took my car, I almost brought him up

But I start to talk about the movies that my family watches, every single Christmas

And I don't talk about that for the first time

What's past is past...

Both voices were in perfect harmony as Julien and I took alternate lines, changing the lyrics where necessary to fit. Julien ran a hand through his hazel hair as the pause continued for a while, before getting back to his line and guitar.

I throw my head back laughing like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did,

I've been spending the last eight months

Thinking all love ever does

Is break, and burn, and end...

But on a Wednesday in cafe, I watched it begin again

I pulled the last syllable and took it a notch higher; I smiled at Julien as I strummed the final note off my black guitar.

He grinned back childishly, with a boyish, playful grin I knew so well, and leaned forward to kiss his girlfriend's lips as his cameraman, Matthew stopped recording.

I pulled back first, red, with a sheepish grin. "Not here, Julien..." I said softly, his lips still inches from mine and obviously aching for contact.

"Why not..." he murmured, and tried to kiss me again. I let go of my guitar, letting it rest on my lap slightly against my stomach, and rested by hands on his shoulders. Before I could say anything, he went for my exposed neck instead.

Letting out a gasp I didn't intend to make, I threw my head back in pleasure as he kissed me, allowing him more access. The moment was broken when Matt cleared his throat, a grin clearly intelligible. Eyes wide as I glared at him, Julien pulled back and laughed, a laugh I was more than familiar with.

"Get a room, guys," Matt retorted as his brother lifted me into his arms. I left my guitar there and laughed as my boyfriend elbowed his bro and smirked, "Jealous," before carrying me bridal style out of the recording room.

Julien's voice was a tenor, and therefore could take higher notes than most guys could but dip really low as well. His career as a singer started out on Youtube, and he made it bigger that he initially imagined. After so many hits and so few dislikes, this big shot producer by the name of Kurt Felix hired him and he's been reeling in the money ever since.

We met on Youtube. I was on of his early fans. Back then, I was the quiet girl who stuck to herself and her small group of close friends with freckles and thick, nerdy glasses. Julien, while still a popular Youtuber, schooled with the rest of us like normal instead of some highclass school he and his parents could clearly afford.

He changed me. Three years ago, when I was thirteen and he was fifteen, we became friends. Amidst all the bitchy looks other girls tossed me and the snickers his boys did nothing to hide when we were together, we made it through.

I fell for him first obviously - who wouldn't? Julien Marcus, a bigtime Youtube singer with hazel hair he could toss around, and golden eyes to match; his body was toned, he had taste, he was well off; smart, responsible, and oh, the list goes on.

No, he wasn't perfect. But he was imperfectly so.

He changed me, made me see what I was really capable of. I began to change slowly. My dressing changed from straight cuts and loose tshirts to chic fits and skinny jeans. My style changed - I lost my glasses and took on contacts instead. I became more confident, outgoing, I was different.