Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Wait, let me get this straight..."

After that incident in the elevator with Julien, I felt like my heart had been wrenched out and stomped on, then treated and stuffed back in. I'd sobbed after that, broke down when I went back to my place at the flats near campus, then called Matt, Josh and his sister Mackenzie to meet up at the nearest pizze parlor - I needed Coke and pepperoni fast.

Matt frowned at me as he sat across the table with an arm slung casually around Mackenzie's shoulder. "He just...called you, followed you to the elevator, cornered you and gave you jelly legs, then kissed you..."

"Told me he missed me, then kissed me," I interrupted, correcting him and slurping up a mouthful of Coke before handing the mega size cup back to Josh, who'd been looking at me intently the whole time. "And after that, he said he was sorry." I handed the last slice of pepperoni pizza to Mackenzie, who accepted graciously, as I opened the second box and took a slice for myself.

"That sounds so unlike Julien," Mackenzie commented, leaning back with a slight frown. "I'm junior like you, but even I know what he's like with girls."

"And he practically ignores his exes," Josh added, then rethought his comment. "At least, the ones who don't still bat their lashes at him."

Matt swallowed another mouthful of Coke before saying, "Not to mention Jessica."

I stared at him. "Jessica?" I asked quickly, feeling an anger boiling in me. Who the hell was Jessica?

Matt stared at me. "You didn't know?" he asked, surprised. Seeing me shake my head in confusion, his eyes widened slightly. "Remember that girl we saw on the first day? The one you asked for directions?"

I nodded slowly - the boob job slut, the stereotypical head cheerleader bitch, the one who gives the jerkoff quarterback or school team captain hell with their on and off relationship, who flirts around and spends her loaded parents' money on the likes of Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Ferragamo... My eyes widened as suspicion climbed and realization dawned.

Mackenzie noted my expression and nodded grimly. "Julien's on and off girlfriend. I guess you know what their relationship is like, right?"

Josh started laughing. "He made this stupid joke about blonde cheerleaders once and they stopped talking for a week! Best record yet," he added smugly, taking another swig of Coke.

I smiled slightly at that, thinking that Julien's sense of humour was never understood fully by majority of the crowd. "So...he has an on/off girlfriend, and flirts around?" I guessed, even though I knew I was right.

The three nodded simultaneously. Mackenzie spoke up then. "My advice? He's just jealous that you're attracting so many guys, and no one here knows that you guys used to date, so he probably just wants the name. Some players are like that," she said matter-of-factly, peeling off a pepperoni from the pizza to eat alone. "They don't see an ex who walked out on them for a long time, but when she comes back into his life, he wants another shot. It never means anything."

"How would you know?" Matt asked pointedly.

The girl shrugged. "I used to date a player," she said nonchalantly, ignoring her brother's clenched fist and the fire in Matt's eyes. "He did the almost exact thing Julien's doing to Jamie, trying to rally up her feelings again, but he'll just ditch her like he did last time."

I sat silently under Josh's arms at that statement, and I knew she was right. It was just so unfair that she couldn't do much about it. Unless...

"Make him jealous," I said aloud suddenly.