Oh...Fevers

Oh...Fevers

I was getting no where I was officially lost after walking around for two hoursI tried using my phone to call my dad or see the GPS but it was dead. The light drizzle was soon in a downpour making me quit bitter.

"Ugh I hate my life," I said frustrated kicking a rock.

I went to the side of the building, I could feel some tears start to come as my eyes watered. I felt so lost.

"Danielle," someone said.

I turned and looked seeing it was Logan great. "Come on let's go I'm taking you home," he said opening a taxi door for me.

I followed him "Thanks," I said.

I was still mad at him for being so stupid but right now I wanted to go home so I was going to take his help. "Are you okay?" he asked grabbing my face and looking slightly concerned for me.

I pulled away from him "I'm fine," I said looking outside the window.

I started putting the pieces together how did Logan know where I was he didn't even have his car with him. If he was taking me home he would have used his car but we were riding side a taxi.

"How did you know where I was and that I was lost?" I asked him.

"I wasn't going to let you walk all the way home alone. Yeah we got in a fight but I'm not a complete dick something could have happened to you. So I simply followed you to make sure that you were going home safely. Then it started raining and I heard you say how you hated your life so I figured you were lost. I should have figured it out sooner as you said you were directionally challenged but I figured you ere trying to calm down," Logan answers.

"Oh thanks," I said looking back out the window.

"No problem I still love you darling, even though we got into a fight," Logan said.

I sighed "Logan I don't really want to talk to you right now so can you please leave this alone for a day or two until I feel like talking to you," I said.

"Seriously Danielle whats wrong I'm only helping you. Who knows what would have happened if I didn't follow you. You had no money for a taxi, your phone was dead. You could have gotten raped, trust me someone would have done it I saw some guys looking at you. Your really pretty, it would have happened," he said.

He did help but couldn't he just leave me alone I don't feel like talking to him. Just looking at him right now is making me bitter and jealous of him. I want to slap him for him to wakeup and stop fighting.

I know it's just fighting not really a big deal but like I said before I'm just getting really jealous and mad. I noticed that the taxi was now at my house I got out.

"Danielle," Logan said before I closed the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow right?" he asked.

I closed the door rolling my eyes at him without confirming the answer.

"Hey Danielle," my dad said as I entered the house "Did you walk all the way from your friends house?" he asked staring at me concerned.

I nodded my head "Yeah," I said confirming his guess.

"Why didn't you call me?" he asked.

"My phone is dead," I said shivering slightly.

"Okay I can tell that you're tired that must have been a long walk ill let you go now," he said.

I nodded making my way to my room I just wanted to get under the covers and fall asleep.

------

"I don't feel good dad," I said.

Dad put his hand on top of my head "yeah I think you might have a fever and you don't sound good either. I'm going to call Dr. Collins real quick.

A few minuets later my dad came back "Okay we are going to go to the hospital where they can keep you under watch. You could get worse if you stay here because its not as sanitized as a hospital," dad said "So you might want to pack some clothes," he added.

-------

Spending two days in the hospital was no fun they had me hooked up to IV's. Even when I got released from the hospital I still felt awful. I was constantly throwing up and I also had the biggest headache ever. My dad gave me a sympathetic look telling me 'good luck' without actually saying it. I got out of the car coughing.

I slugged my way out if the parking lot and "Wow Danielle you look really bad, are you okay?" Millie asked me looking concern.

"What happened to you these past two days?" Ashley asked.

"I've been sick," I said while my voice croaked.

"I'm so sorry," Ashley said rubbing my back.

"I feel so horrible," I groaned rubbing my eyes.

"You're not the only one who has been horrible," Millie commented.

"Logan had been weird lately and it so happens to be the days that you weren't here," Ashley said.

"Oh god," I said.

I quickly rushed to a tree and leaned over. My breakfast happened to push its way back up. I could feel Millie and Ashley rubbing my back.

"Eww," I groaned in disgust.

"Danielle," someone said.

I didn't have to look to know whose voice it was that called me. I sighed "Logan can you please leave me alone for now," I said.

I could see his facial expression change. "I just want to talk to you for a while," Logan said pulling me slightly.

I pulled my arm back "Seriously Logan I don't feel well I just threw up," I replied.

"Come on Danielle just for a minute," he said.

"Just talk to him," Ashely said.

"I'm going to class," I stated leaving and walking to the school building.

I went to the bathroom and washed my mouth out putting some fresh gum in my mouth. When first period came I sat down next to Millie.

"Okay what is going on between you two?" she asked slightly worried.

"I don't know we kind if got in a fight it was really stupid," I said.

"Then why don't you guys make up or something if you say that it's stupid?" she asked.

I sighed "I don't know," I replied sighing.

Maybe we should make up I'll apologize to him next period if he isn't too mad at me of course.

When the bell rang I got up out of my chair and walked to my next class. I waited patiently for Logan to get in the class room and he barely made it before the bell rang.

He sat down next to me "Look I'm sorry about earlier. I feel really bad I just haven't been in the greatest mood recently," I told him looking down.

"It's okay Danielle. I'm really sorry that I made you upset I don't know what I did to make you so sad, but I'm really sorry," he said.

I smiled "It's okay," I replied.

"Friends again?" he asked looking at me.

"Friends," I replied.

"So do you care to explain where you were when you missed school?" he asked me.

I groaned "I wasn't feeling well," I replied.

"Oh right forgot about that," he said.

"Yeah," I commented.

It seemed that we came to a common understanding. I would no longer ask him why he fights it would most likely bring us into and argument. Which wasn't fair for Logan considering he would have no clue to why I was mad /upset with him.

"Want to hang out later today?" he asked.

"I don't think I can. My dad said that I have to be home early today and I have a lot of makeup work that needs to be done," I replied.

I could see his face harden and study me. "Oh ok," he said.

"You seem like you don't believe me, why?" I asked him.

Logan shrugged "I don't know it just seems weird that you always come to school with bruises on you. As far as I know no one is bullying you and other then hanging out with me you're at home. You miss lots of day if school and you've been to the hospital," he said adding some stuff up together.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked him.

"Are you hiding something from me?" he asked.

"I'm not hiding anything," I replied rolling my eyes.

Logan narrowed his eyes and I could tell that he didn't believe a word that I was saying. I could feel my palms get slightly damp other sweat. I looked at him in the eyes but I couldn't help but to look away.

"I'm going to tell you what I think is going on and you are going to tell me the truth," Logan said in a serious tone.

"What do you think is going on?" I aked him.

"I think that you have..."

Ohh sorry cliffhanger please comment a number or opinion. Sorry for the wait

1. She will tell Logan about her cancer
2. He's gonna guess she has cancer
3. Other (and what?)