Oh...fun

Oh...fun

"What happened to you yesterday?" Millie asked as we were walking to class.

"I got picked up early for an appointment," I said shrugging.

"Oh," she replied.

"Oh my gosh! Guys! Did you hear?" Ashley came behind us excited.

"What?" Millie asked instantly curious.

"Well yesterday Logan Foster was lighting fireworks on the building. So the school police took him to the councilors office, he was supposed to be suspended, but he has NO punishment," Ashley said.

"How does he do it," Millie stated.

"I don't know, but he never seizes to amaze me," Ashley said.

"So are you going to sit with Him at lunch?" Millie asked me.

I have her a look "No why would I?" I questioned her.

"Well I mean he didn't do anything to you, so we are all kind of curious to see what happens," she replied.

"We?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes "Yes WE. Kind of the whole school, this might be a large school but everyone knows who Logan Foster is and who he is associated with, mostly because he only has two friends," she said.

I groaned "If I do it, will you stop bugging me about Logan Foster and his somewhat 'tolerance' for me?" I asked her.

"Yes! Yes! Of course," she said jumping up and down.

"Fine I'll do it," I said giving in.

"Oh my gosh this is so exciting," she said.

I rolled my eyes at her, sadly she could possibly be my best friend here.

"See you when schools over," I said walking away.

"If you survive," Ashley said.

I gave her a look and she shrugged nonchalantly. Am I really going to die? Of course I'm going to die eventually it's just a matter if I die young or old.

I was nervous throughout the rest of the day until lunch. I made sure my hair was properly placed with my light blue beanie color of the day on top of it.

I started walking through the already crowded lunch room and made my way to the familiar table I was once already sitting at. This time there was two other guys, they looked at me strangely.

"Hi I'm Danielle," I said putting my hand out.

I frowned maybe I shouldn't have introduced myself. I mean when I did last time to Logan he just looked at me and then ignored me. These are his friends so I'm sure their just like him right? I did also introduce myself a bit to formal. Great I'm a looser.

"Austin," the guy with blond hair said shaking my hand, I smiled.

"I'm Brock," the boy with black hair said doing one of those guy nod things.

"Ok cool," I said.

I reached into my backpack pulling out my lunch and taking a bit out of my sandwich. I looked up to see them staring at me.

"Are you new here or something?" Austin asked.

I nodded " I started school two days ago," I said.

"That's weird I didn't see you here yesterday," Brock said.

"That's because I left early," I said munching on my sandwich some more.

They were far more easy to make a conversation with then Logan was.

"Oh a bad girl I see," Brock said giving me a smirk.

I heard a scoff "Hardly," a deep voice said.

I looked up to see Logan actually participating in a conversation. "So your a good girl then?" Brock asked.

I shrugged "I don't know I'm normal?" I questioned them.

"Well how about this, after school you hang out with us and we decide what you are?" Brock said.

"Um, I guess I can do that what are we going to do?" I asked.

"I can't tell you where would the fun be at that?" Brock asked. "Just meet us after school by the front doors," he said.

"Ok," I said.

I got up and threw the rest of my sandwich away knowing that I stomach was not able to eat anymore.

Sitting back down they were looking at me. "What?" I asked then.

"You ate like two bites if that sandwich. Are you one of those girls who starve themselves?" Brock asked.

I rolled my eyes "No," I answered.

Brock nodded. They started talking about something else, but I didn't bother paying attention.

When gym class came around I have the coach a note and he let me sit out for today saying that I needed one for each day I was sitting out.

Okay so the things that I have learned from lunch was that one Austin and Brock are not bad. They could be but they haven't done anything horrible that would be on their record for all I know. They just don't seem THAT bad as everyone makes them out to be. Logan on the other hand is bad, I now understood what everyone was talking about when they said that he was bad. He punched a kid for saying some smart alloc thing about him. The kid need up going to the nurse with a bloody nose and it could possibly be broken. So Logan had some serious anger issues.

Secondly my non existent reputation was on the line here. I wasn't bad, I was far from it, I never did anything that Austin, Brock, and Logan probably have done. At the same time I wasn't good, I've lied and cheated on a test before, typical teenage bad. I was somewhere stuck in the in between apparently your either bad or good. They didn't understand though. I'm normal.

As the rest of the classes went by I texted my dad telling him that I would be hanging out with some friends after school. He responded back with a good length text message about being safe, over protective much.

After school I went to the front and was soon tackled by someone. "Hey!" I said.

"Danielle you have to tell me everything that happened," Millie said getting off of me.

I slowly got up and stretched out my pain "Millie you can't just tackle me to the ground like that. I thought you were some random person trying to pick a fight," I said.

"Trust me no one is going to be picking a fight with you any time soon," she said.

"Oh yeah and why is that?" I asked.

She laughed shaking her head like I was stupid, like I said before, sadly she's my best friend here. "Well we all know now that you have the Logan Foster, Austin, and Brock on your side. It a match to be loss for that person," she said.

"Just because I sat with them doesn't mean that their going to pick a fight for me," I said.

Something felt off. "Oh my gosh their coming over here?" She said.

"Hey Danielle ready?" Brock asked.

I looked at him, Logan, and Austin. "Yeah see you tomorrow Millie," I said waving her goodbye.

"Yep tomorrow," she said. I could tell when she said tomorrow she meant that I better see her tomorrow.

I felt something get placed on my head I looked up at Logan "Your beanie came off when she tackled you," he said shrugging.

"That's what felt so off," I said.

I took the beanie off and replaced it on my head. I felt weird having him place a beanie on my head, I guess it's just a habit to put it on myself.

"Sorry," I said trying not to offend him.

"Trust me I get it," he said pointing to his head.

I laughed. "So your riding with me," Logan said.

I shrugged following him to his car "Was it really necessary for you to honk at me that day?" I asked him.

"Yeah you were standing in the way of my parking spot," he said.

"You didn't pay for it," I muttered.

"Everyone knows its mine though, but I went easy on you since your the new girl," he said.

"Thank you that's very nice," I replied.

It was silent for a moment, then I realized this is the most he has ever talked to me. It might be the only time to get answers so I better start taking advantage if it.

"How come everyone says that your bad?" I asked him.

He shrugged "Don't know," he said.

"Oh," I replied.

"Do you think I'm bad?" He asked.

I shrugged "I don't know, I mean you did punch a boy in gym class and you lit fireworks on the roof. You could be bad," I said.

"People just think I'm bad because I have lots of anger and well I don't exactly express it the best way," he said shrugging "Also because they don't talk to me," he said.

He stopped the car and I looked around to see Austin and Brock getting out of their cars. I started getting out and walked over to them "Where are we?" I asked.

"We are at a laser tag and paintball arena," Brock said smiling.

"Oh...fun," I said sarcastically.

Brock gave me a look "Do you not like laser tags and paint balling?" he asked.

"No, I've never done it," I said as we all started walking inside.

"Then you can be on my team I'm better than both of them," Logan said putting his arm around my shoulder.

I blushed feeling hear go to my cheeks. Brock scoffed "As if you know that I beat your ass almost every time," he said.

"Dude are you fucking kidding me. Don't lie," Logan said pushing him slightly.

"Austin tell him that I whopp his ass when it comes down to paint balling," Brock said.

"Brock Logan beats you every time," Austin said.

"Whatever I'll show you this game," Brock said.

"Lets do laser tags first that way Danielle can kind of get paint along without getting hurt," Austin said.

We walked into the place and we had to pay "Um I don't have money so can I pay one of you guys tomorrow?" I asked feeling uncomfortable.

"Sure," Logan said.

I made a mental note to get ten dollars for him tomorrow. "Thanks," I said.

There wasn't many people here in fact we were the only ones and maybe the one worker.

"Why is this place so...abandoned?" I asked.

"I don't know it's always been like this. It's not really known," Austin said.

"You're going to have to take off your hoodie," Brock said.

I pulled my hoodie off and put the laser tag vest on, that had a laser gun connected to it. I grabbed my beanie putting it back on my head.

I noticed them staring at me "What?" I asked them.

"Why do you have bruises all over you?" Logan asked grabbing my arms and rubbing his hands on them gently.

When he asked the question Austin and Brock started staring at my body intensely. I pulled my arms away from Logan and keeping them to myself.

"Dodgeball in gym class, Im pretty sure you did this one," I said pointing to one of the darker bruised splotches.

"God you must suck at dodgeball," Brock said bluntly.

"Yeah I suck, so I can guarantee that I'm no good at paintball or laser tags," I said

"That's why your going to win because you're on my team," Logan said, putting his arm on my shoulder.

I was great full that the place was dark and only had neon light as lights, because I'm sure my face was red again.

"Lets get started so I can show you that I'm better than you," Brock said activating his vest.

We started walking our desperate ways "So stick with me. Make sure that if you see them then shoot at their vest and try not to be seen. That's basically it," he said.

"Okay thanks," I said moving closer to him behind the block so I wasn't seen.

He pushed the button on my vest and activated it. "You'll do fine, it's just a game," Logan said reassuring me.

The speakers in the large room started counting down and once it hit 1 Logan motioned me to follow him.

I followed him turning around to see if Brock or Austin had some how snuck behind us. I ended up tripping a falling on Logan, but he didn't fall so I bounced off of him, then hit the ground.

Logan looked at me with wide eye "You okay?" he asked as I got up.

"Yep I was just looking behind us," I said.

Suddenly my best went off changing colors and making noises. "Hey!" I said looking around.

I spotted Brock and I started shooting at him but for some reason I was dead. "You have to run back and get your gun the the checkpoint," Logan said shooting at Brock.

"Oh okay," I said.

I started serving through the blocks slowly because I was the last thing from fast.

Once I was reloaded or refreshed I started walking and I got shot. Again! Grrr I went back and tapped my gun and then I was shot once again. I looked around and saw Austin. He smirked and I stuck out my middle finger.

Once I quickly reloaded I shot austin "Yes," I said dancing around smiling.

Until I got shot again. After a few minutes later Logan found me and well I got a few kills in. The buzzard went off and the lights came on and we headed towards the door.

Taking the vest of and grabbing my hoodie from the cubbie we looked at the screen to see our ranks. No surprise I had the least kills and was killed the most. Luckily Logan made up for that and we won.

"Told you I always win," he said smirking at Brock.

"Ugh whatever," Brock said.

"So paint balling next?" Austin asked.

"Yes let's go paint balling," Logan said.

"I think I'm going to sit out on this one, I'm kind of tired from laser tag," I said looking down.

"You sure?" Brock asked.

"Yes I'm sure, it's outside anyways and I didn't bring my inhaler because I didn't know I needed it," I said lamely.

"Oh okay I guess you can be my cheerleader then," Brock said.

"That would be a hard job to do," I said.

Austin and Logan started laughing "It would be harder cheering for you. You died the most," he said.

I shrugged as they started putting on vests and helmets. "Have fun," I said sitting down on the side.

There were more workers here for paint balling verses laser tag. Turned out the sitting in the side lines wasn't safe because two pain balls hit me in the stomach.

I think a worker noticed because he came rushing over to me. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine just wasn't expecting it," I said.

I lifted up my shirt to see two large welts forming. If course on my body it showed up bigger then what it normally would have. "Wow you bruise really easily," he said.

"Yeah I guess so," I said shrugging and rubbing my stomach which was kind of aching.

When the guys stopped they come over to me "Why did you leave we for worried when we didn't see you there," Austin said

"Someone's paintball hit me so I guess it was safer to move further away," I said pointing to the two paint ball spots on my shirt.

They nodded "I think we're done," Brock said taking his stuff off.

"Yeah I should probably go home," I said checking my phone.

"I'll take you," Logan said.

I nodded following him to his car once i told him where I lived he started driving in silence, it wasn't awkward just a silence.

I felt someone shake me "Danielle wake up you fell asleep and I need you to tell me which house is yours," Logan said.

I pointed at the one story house, once he parked he waved"See you tomorrow," he said.

"Bye," I replied.