Oh...medication sounds fun

"Hey Walter," Logan said to to the front desk guy.

"Hello Mr. Foster, who is your company?" Walter asked.

"Her name is Danielle Simmons," Logan said smiling.

"Well hello Miss. Simmons," Walter said.

"Just call me Danielle," I said looking down.

"Can you bring us some after school snacks Walter?" Logan asked.

"Sure what should I tell the cook to make?" he asked.

Logan looked at me "What do you want?" he asked me.

I shrugged. I hate being put on the spot it makes me feel like everyone is depending on me. "Just surprise us," he said.

Logan grabbed my hand and led me towards the elevator he slipped his key card in and pushed number twelve. The elevator opened in his penthouse I took of my shoes and fell on the comfy couch.

I felt pressure on me "Logan get off of me," I said feeling his heavy weight on me.

"Your no fun," he said getting off of me.

"We should probably start our research do you have a computer?" I asked him sitting up.

"Yeah ill go and get it," he said walking away.

In a few seconds he came back with an apple laptop, sitting next to me he opened it. As soon as he did the elevator opened revealing Walter along with Austin and Brock.

"Mr. Foster your friends are here," Walter said placing the food on the counter.

"Finally he left he wouldn't let us eat any of the food," Brock said eating two mini sandwiches.

Logan hit him on the head "That's for me and Danielle," he said grabbing the mini sandwich platter.

"What are you guys even doing here?" Logan asked.

"Well we found out who the match was against and we came to support you tonight. What is Danielle doing here?" Brock asked.

"We have a project together," Logan said.

"I should leave," I said getting up.

Logan rushed towards me "No! Don't leave stay. We can just hang out and tomorrow do the project," Logan said.

"Brock and I can just leave early so you guys can finish your project. Logan was already going to hang out with us tonight," Austin said.

"Brock! Quit eating our food," Logan said.

"Ugh can you please order something then," Brock groaned complaining.

"Fine I'll order some hot wings," Logan said pulling out his phone.

"So how this project going?" Brock asked me.

"Alright I guess we haven't gotten much done," I said.

"Oh me too I'm partners with Joan," Austin said smiling.

"Please tell me you've tapped that," Brock said thrusting his hips.

Austin smirked "I defiantly have," he replied.

I started looking at the window trying to distract myself from this conversation.

"So when exactly are you guys leaving?" Logan came asking Brock and Austin.

Austin shrugged.

"Whenever the foods gone," Brock said.

Logan turned the TV on and changed the channel to some sports. Great a guys night, I thought sourly. I rested my head on the couch arm, this was only making me tired. Watching sports was hopeless for me because I didn't understand it and when they talked about it they sounded like a teacher who could put me asleep.

Luckily I didn't doze off for long because the food came and that gave me something to do. Walking to my backpack I looked at my phone and noticed that it was dead.

"Hey Logan?" I asked.

He turned his head slightly from the TV "Yeah darling?" He asked.

I blushed. When will I stop blushing at him for calling me that "Um do you have an iPhone charger by any chance?" I asked.

"Yeah there's one in my room," he said.

I went to his room and looked seeing a phone charger next to his bed. Laying down and resting I ended up pulling the covers above my head. I might as well leave now its not like we are doing anything.

Getting up I grabbed my phone which was still dead I went over to Logan. "Hey I think I'm going to leave, I have to be him early remember," I said.

Logan turned his head away "Oh yeah I remember. Can't you stay for a while? I can make them leave," he said.

I looked at the time "I guess I can stay for a few more minutes, Im going to put my phone back on your charger," I said

"Okay," Logan said.

After putting my phone back on the charger I went to the main room and saw that the TV was off and Brock and Austin left.

"Lets get started," Logan said.

Yawning I agreed as we did some research on his laptop I was zoning out every so often. When I mean zoning out I mean that my head would fall and I would wake up. I don't know if Logan noticed but if he did he didn't say anything.

Getting up I go back to Logan's room and grabbed my phone seeing as it had some battery. My heart stopped.

Shit I had five missed calls from my dad and I was supposed to be home forty five minutes ago. I called my dad.

"Danielle!" dad said sternly when he answered the phone.

"Where the fuck are you I told you to be home at 5 and your late. This was one of the few rules that I actually made and you broke it. I am very disappointed with you right now," my dad said.

"I'm sorry I forgot," I said.

"I don't have time for this Danielle just get over to Glenn hospital I've already had doctor Collins waiting for you thirty minutes," he said.

"Dad I'm really sorry I'll be on my way," I said.

"You better and you are going to be in big trouble," he said hanging up.

I grabbed my backpack shoving on my shoes in a rush running to the elevator.

"Woah Danielle whats going on?" Logan asked coming from behind me.

"I don't have time to explain. Does this elevator go any faster?" I asked pushing the button repeatedly.

"Tell me," Logan said.

"I told you that I had to leave early and I lost track of time. I'm so fucked," I said rubbing my temple as the elevator opened.

I got into it as fast as possible "Ok so what," he said.

I looked at him "You don't understand when we moved here this was one of the few rules that I was told and it was to be on time for important stuff. I broke it and my dad is really pissed off at me," I said exiting the elevator.

I ran to the front desk surprising Walter. "Is there a taxi I can use please?" I asked.

Walter nodded "I call one for you Miss," he said.

I didn't even bother correcting him to calling me Danielle. "No I can take you home," Logan said.

"No," I stated firmly.

"Danielle I know where you live it's not a big deal," he said.

"I'm taking a taxi. I'm not going home I'm meeting my dad somewhere because I was late," I said.

"Well tell me where to take you, I can do it I really don't mind," he said.

"Look I mind. I'm not letting you take me and don't bother trying to push I'm not changing my mind so drop it," I said firmly showing him that the subject was ended.

Logan looked at me then his gaze turned to a hard stare. "Whatever," he said.

Walter came towards me "there's a taxi outside waiting for you Miss," he said.

"It's Danielle and thank you," I told him going outside and hopping into the taxi.

"Where to?" The driver asked me.

"Glenn hospital please. It's an emergency," I said.

Okay I didn't lie it was an emergency sort of. I mean I really only said that to make him go faster.

Once I arrived I ran up to my floor and saw my dad waiting in the waiting area impatiently.

"Dad I," I started to say.

He held up his hand and shook his head "I'm really disappointed in you Danielle," he said.

Dr. Collins came out and motioned us to follow him.

I sat down on the bed while my dad sat down in the chair. "Okay so I got the tests in and I don't want to freak either if you out," he said.

I could feel my heart start pounding "Your cancer is very serious Danielle more serious than I think your other doctor made it out to be. What we are going to do is put you on medication for two days. I want you to take the medicine every two hours for two days. Then you will see me again for some stem cells treatment," he said.

"What exactly are you saying?" my dad asked.

Dr. Collins sighed. "I'm saying that Danielle needs to do treatment as soon as possible, because she could die within three months if she doesn't start," he said.

Three months.

I basically have three months to live "I don't understand," I said.

"If you do treatment and your body reacts to it good then your cancer won't be there. The medication is to help your body prepare for treatment," he said.

"You will live if you do treatment I'm just saying the cancer is spreading around and fast," he added.

"Thank you doctor when should I let you know about the decision?" my dad asked.

"Today if you can I need to know if I should get medicine for Danielle," he said. "I'll give you guys a few minutes to decide," he said leaving.

"Your going to do treatment," dad said.

"Yeah I don't want to die, yet," I said.

After a few minutes doctor Collins came in "We decided that Danielle is going to do treatment," my dad said.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" Collins asked looking at me.

I nodded my head "Well I don't want to die any time soon," I said.

He smiled "Okay well here is the medicine," he said pulling it out of his lab coat "There are some side effect it will make you really tired, you will probably loose you appetite but you need to eat I don't care if your not hungry you have to eat while taking this, it will also make you nauseous, and that's the main ones," he said.

"Oh...medication sounds fun," I said sarcastically grabbing the bottle and looking at it.

"Also I will sign you up for group therapy with other people who have cancer it should help with coping," he said.

"Group therapy?" I asked.

He nodded "That should be it," he said.

I left the room while my dad signed a few papers. I went into the gift shop that had a bunch of her well cards, stuffed animals, flowers, chocolate, and etc. I looked at some of the books and say an empty journal.

I picked it up, it was plain black there was nothing on it. As I flipped through the first few pages it had "Things to do before I die," it had 1-100 on the first four pages. As I flipped through it more it had a journal for the thing you completed.

Might as well start working on my goals and things to do before I die. I walked up to the lady and handed her money she frowned checking out the book for me. I stuffed it in my backpack not wanting my dad to know I bought it.

It's not that he would freak out or anything but I feel like it would make him feel guilty and I don't want him feeling like that.

"Ready?" dad asked.

"Actually can I just have some time to myself?" I asked him "I'll be home before morning," I said.

I could tell that my dad was debating "Please dad I need some time alone," I added.

"Okay but call me if anything goes wrong," he said kissing the top of my head.

Can you believe it 1000 reads!! ill be sure to upload super quick if I get lots of comments:)