Chapter Sixteen

Leaving the bedroom, they settled on the sofa, feeding each other. Julia, wearing a caftan of blue and gold embellished embroidery edging, snuggled up against his side. "I love all this," she waved her hand over the inner tent sanctuary.

"I knew you would," he smiled down at her running a hand through her hair. "I noticed how you took to the palace, and you loved that room in Melbourne."

"Is our garden an inspiration of this oasis?"

"Yes," he brushed hair back off her face, lowering to kiss her. "Once everything is done and settled, we would go away for awhile, just the two of us."

"So no Tommy?" she teased to still and eyes flew to Karif. "Tommy! I have to ring him, and let him know all is well and not heading home. I rang him."

"Don't worry, I'd contact him, in fact, we'd fly in to see him, and tell him the good news, however, you must know what happened last night is our secret."

"So you did marry me in secret," she teased, easing back against him, feeling happier. Karif would always make things better, he always did. He couldn't fix everything, no one could, but he did a damn good job of trying. "My lips are sealed," she promised to have his lips on her's to make sure of it.

Another day in the desert, then were picked up by helicopter to be flown to the a private airport, where his plane was waiting to fly them to London. Just the two of them to spend most of the time in the bedroom, even shared their meals, followed by a shower to get ready to go straight to the townhouse. Julia slept while Karif made calls, even one to Tommy to organise a visit before they left again, back to the palace. There was still unfinished business to be seen to. They were close to finding out the truth about the Lady one way or the other.

That night, he took her out to dinner and dancing in celebration of their wedding. She was so in tuned to him.  Saw to all his needs, showered him in love the only way she knew. Her whole body and soul. However, there was nothing like it when her face lit up, like when she saw her brother, and gushed over his new grades for the term, proudly showing Karif.

"I told you he was smart."

"That you did." Deciding not to dine out, they brought in all of Tommy's favourite food to share in the dinning room, spread before them as a feast to be tucked into with delight. Glasses full, and room filled with laughter. To eventually shift into the living room for desserts and coffee.

Tommy eyed her closely as she sipped mineral water. "Okay, out with it. What's going on? You never miss the chance to have a glass of bubbly." Julia pointed at Karif to have her hand captured, and kissed. Tommy shook his head. "Don't believe it." She gasped. Karif laughed with delight. He had missed their playfulness of siblings.

"So how are your studies going?"

"Went off the rails for a second, when I got that call from sis, who was so upset, and going home. I nearly packed up to go, when you called to reassure me that everything was fine."

"Did you?" Julia asked, amazed. "Before I asked you to," she sighed. "That's why you said it wasn't a problem."

"I had no idea what you would have said, but knowing how close you two were, I knew you would contact him."

"He did kidnap me, you do know that," she added, placing a hand on his thigh, leaning back against him. "Terrified the life out of me. Here I was thinking, I had been kidnapped to become some rich Sheikh's sex slave."

"You wish," Tommy laughed.

Karif threaded a hand through her hair caressing her scalp. "She was," he drawled. Colour flooded her brother's cheeks.