CHAPTER 22- JUST GIVE ME A REASON

December 24, the day before Christmas. Hermione and her parents were in the Muggle Mall to have shopping. They are buying gifts. Hermione was in the men's section. She was looking for a gift to Harry and Ron. Even though she's still mad at Ron, she was still giving him a gift.

"That leather jacket is perfect for Kraven, if you ask me,"Mrs. Granger suddenly speak behind her. She was examing the black leather jacket.

"It isn't for Kraven, mom,"Hermione said.

"Then to whom?"

"For Harry and Ron,"Hermione answered as she picked another brown leather jacket.

"That one will be nice to Ron,"Mrs. Granger said. Hermione looked at her mother, who was grinning at her.

"What's that for, mom?"Hermione said.

"The what?"Mrs. Granger said smirking.

"You're laughing at me."

"I did not."

"Yes, you are,"Hermione said in childish tone.

"Alright. I just wonder.. Why you're giving Ron a very nice jacket, even though he hurts you?"Mrs. Granger said.

"He's still my best friend, mom,"Hermione said, as she looked for another jacket.

"Are you sure it's the reason?"Mrs. Granger said. Hermione looked at her mother.

"What do you mean by that, mom?"

"Hermione.. Dear. I am your mother. Mother's know everything. I know if you are hurt; And I know if you are happy,"Mrs. Granger said. "I know you still love Ron. I can tell, because of the way you told me and to your dad, about your break up with him. I can tell that you are still hoping for a chance, am I right?"

Hermione saw in the face of her mother, the sincerity of the words she's saying. Hermione sighed.

"You are right, mom. Even Ron is so stupid, I still love him. I'm still hoping for the second chance. But, unfortunately, I am the only one who's hoping for that chance. Ron already move on. He was already happy with his new girlfriend." Hermione stopped talking. She felt her heart was beating faster again. And her tears were again forming in her eyes. But she don't want to cry. She inhaled and exhaled air so that the tension in her throat would come out.

"I am so proud of you, Hermione, dear. You really grown up as a strong girl,"Mrs. Granger said in teary eyes.

"Of course. I am strong, because I am like you, mom,"Hermione said, as she hugged her mother. Her mother hugged her back.

"What is this about? What happened?"Mr. Granger called. Hermione released her mother.

"It's nothing, dad. It's a girl talk,"Hermione said.

"Oh, I see,"Mr. Granger said looking at Hermione and to his wife. "I thought there is something happen."

"You better take that two jackets, dear. I know your best friend Ron and Harry would love that,"Mrs. Granger said. "Here's the money."

"Thank you, mom,"Hermione said as she took the money from her mother; And she walked to the Cashier to pay the items. When she already paid the jackets, she came back to where her parents are. They were already waiting for her.

"Are you done paying?"Mrs. Granger said.

"Yes, mom."

"Let's go then.. I saw a Chinese restaurant over there. Let's try their dishes,"Mr. Granger said as he led them to the Chinese restaurant.

After they eat, they continued their shopping. They got home at 9o'clock in the evening. Hermione noticed a parking car, outside their front yard. When her father park their own car in front of their house, Hermione, who was seated in the back seat, quickly went out the car. She glanced towards the car, and she saw someone getting out the driver seat.