CHAPTER 20- PARTING TIME

"The ground was already covered with snow," Hermione said, looking outside the window.

"Yeah. No wonder it's so called last night," Ginny said. She was sitting on her bed, combing her hair.

"Come on now, Ginny, I'm already starving," Hermione said as she walked first, going to the door. Ginny stood up and followed her.

They were going to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"Good morning, Dean," greeted Hermione to Dean who was already eating in the opposite side of the table.

"Good morning too, Hermione and Ginny," he said in between chewing.

Hermione and Ginny sat down and helped themselves on food. And they started eating. Later on, Hermione heard a whooping sound of owls. Everybody looked up. An owl dropped a copy of Daily Prophet at Hermione. She unrolled the Daily Prophet to know what's the news. She fell silent. Ginny noticed it.

"What is in the Daily Prophet today, Hermione,"Ginny said.

Hermione didn't answered. She was looking at the front page of the Daily Prophet-shocked.

"Hermione, what is it?" asked Ginny when she noticed Hermione's sad face. She leaned near to Hermione to have a looked. And there, Ginny saw the moving picture of Ron and Audrey, laughing together while walking. Audrey was holding Ron's arm, and they looked happily together. Ginny and Hermione silently read the write up about the picture, it was written under the picture.

It was written that Ron and Audrey were officialy dating. The two were seen in Muggle place, happily together and enjoying each other's company.

"Hermione," called Ginny silently after reading the write up."Are you ok?"

Hermione sniffed.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answered in trembling voice which contradict on what she had said.

"Are you sure?" Ginny asked again, looking at Hermione worriedly.

Hermione just nodded. She wanted Ginny to believe her, that she was fine. But the truth--she was not. Her heart was aching again. She felt like she was out of breathing--by controlling herself not to cry; She felt like there was something on her throat that preventing her to breath. Her tears was already shadowing in her eyes.

"You can cry if you want to, Hermione," Ginny said, quietly.

Hermione quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hands before it flowed down her cheeks.

"I'm fine, Ginny. Don't worry about me. I can live with this," Hermione said, sniffing. "Let's eat quickly, we still have class."

And they started eating again. When they were done, they quickly went to the Dungeon for their Potion class.

Prof. Slughorn was discussing, but Hermione's attention wasn't on him. She wasn't listening. Hermione fell into silent. Her inner selves were bickering to each other; Her mind kept telling,"Stop thinking of him, he was ruining you. Look at yourself, you look pathetic. You're unfocus." While her heart saying,"Give him a chance to explain, Ron is always like that, you should know that. Im sure there are reason why this is happening. Let him explain." But for Hermione as herself, all she wanted that time--was to cry.

Hermione suddenly raised her hand. Prof. Slughorn looked at her.

"Yes, Ms. Granger?"

"Professor... I'm sorry to tell this... But I think.. I cannot finish this class today," Hermione said in trembling voice. She was afraid that if she stayed there any longer, she'll fell into crying and all her classmates would pity her, which she don't want to happen.