Part 13 - We're Off to a Fun Trip

Dedicated this chapter to her up there (Epic Fail if you've noticed the mistake earlier). ^.^ Her comments made my day..  She's a total Swifty and wonderfully random. :D Also, she writes poetry, so you should check it out. O.o I was surprised when I saw she was 21, because she has the heart of a kid in her. :D

Vote/Comment/Like/Fan <------------------------------ It's totally free XD

Anywho, I finally wrote the chapter.....

~~~~Chance's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 6 to make sure I had everything I needed for the trip. After we made sure everyone ate breakfast and said bye to my parents and left our phones, we went out to our own cars. Well, I did leave my phone, but I brought an extra one where Jonathan can contact me, in case Amanda calls. I wouldn't want her to bother him.

I laughed as I saw the 3 duffel bags Annie had, a backpack, her guitar case and one tent bag. She was carrying two, and two other butlers helped her with the other stuff. When Ben and Lee came out to meet us, they laughed, too, as they watched the scene unfolding in front of their eyes: Annie was effortlessly carrying the two duffel bags, that is, before she stumbled on nothing and almost fell. Luckily, she's not one to fall even though she trips,--a lot-- so she managed not to face plant and laughed as she stood up correctly.

She looked at us as we controlled our laughter, --as to not offend her-- and she stuck her tongue out and threw her bags into the back of her car.

"Okay, Anne. Seriously, you're not one to pack their whole wardrobe, so what's with all the bags?" Lee asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I was just about to mention that, too," Ben said, looking from the bags to Annie.

She shrugged and went into the driver's side of her car as her other bags were put in.

"Food. Doy!" she said while starting her engine and bringing her hood up.

"She never packs light when it comes to food," my brother said as he shook his head and made his way to the limo.

"Yeah, and she never leaves her guitar during trips," I said and sighed while pushing Ben and Lee towards the car they were taking.

They were supposed to go with Annie, but she couldn't put her food-filled bags in the trunk, plus her tent and guitar. And unless both of them wanted to be stuffed into the trunk, because there was no way Annie would give up the passenger's seat for her guitar to Ben or Lee, they had to take their own cars.

"See ya later, flounders!" Annie said through her open window and waved, before speeding out.

"She has to stop speeding here," Ben said as he went into the passenger's side.

"Uh-huh. And the sun has to stop being so hot, but we can't stop it, right?" Lee said as he buckled himself up.

Ben and I chuckled, and I said goodbyes, waving as they drove off. I hurriedly got into the limo, hyped up about the trip. We never went to them before, but that was because it was going to be focused around us if we did. Plus, it was never really our thing since we go to places more full of trees and wildlife during vacations. Adding to that, with the students from school being there, the girls would pretend to be damsels, wanting their princes to save them. I rolled my eyes at that thought and called Auntie El to make sure everything was set.

When we arrived at school, it looked like everyone was there, even the body guards who had their cars parked near the buses. You'd think the students here, though rich would never need bodyguards. But with the power and wealth most of the students' families here had, a lot of lazy criminals would kidnap for ransoms of heavy amounts; it happened only once before, so now all the extremely rich families can't help but be careful.

I stepped out of the limo and thanked our driver before getting my backpack and making my way to the side of our bus. Since both my brother and I were going, they thought it best to have him join our group, --our homeroom class-- so we'd be easier to monitor. We greeted everyone politely and went up to Mr. J for attendance. A whole lot of girls were wearing running shorts, which showed off too much for our usual school rules. But since this was a camping trip, they weren't told off. But, that would still be their downfall, because they'lll find out sooner or later that nature isn't lenient when it comes to skin. Most of the guys settled for loose shorts, which I did, too. We all wore our custom t-shirts for the trip, the ones which have specific colors for each homeroom group. Ours was red, which made Annie very happy.

After the teachers made sure everyone was there and our bags were settled, we were told to go into our buses and sit next to our buddies. Well, my buddy was Annie, which was already pretty obvious, considering our parents made sure that that was the case. I made my way to the last seat of the left row, the one just before the long seat at the back of the bus. I let Annie go in first to the window seat and sat beside her. I groaned when everyone was seated and there were no signs of them. Just as I was about to call, the bus doors opened, and they breathlessly jumped in. I cracked a smile, and Mr. J ushered them to the empty seats.

Everyone in the bus was confused when they saw them, who wouldn't? Annie's head raised from the window that she was leaning on, looking up from her seat and saw them. She rubbed her eyes, making sure it wasn't a dream. I suppressed a laugh and waited for her reaction.

"What are you doing here!?" she screamed abruptly, eyes widened, gaining everyone's attentions.

"Nice seeing you, too!" Sam shouted from the front of the bus with a joking tone, making everyone look more confused than they already were.

Murmurs surrounded the bus, and Mr. J waved his hands in a 'settle down manner'.

"Settle down, everyone. As I have already mentioned before, we have an inter-school student program. The school accepted the offer of bringing along four senior students from Stars in Sky Private School. Mind you, this is only for the whole trip, not when classes start up again. They will also be conducting research on behaviors of students outside of the school during the whole trip for their thesis. The research that they will be conducting is for their requirements, and no other schools are holding trips this month. Our participation in the program will help the school determine the behaviors of our own students. The school......"

I stopped listening and glanced down at Annie, keeping the smile off my lips as she creased her eyebrows. She looked up at me, pretending not to have any emotion, in case anyone would see her accusing glance-- which she wanted to give. Instead, she sent me a telepathic message saying,"This has your name written all over it." Well, that's what she would've said now if she could've.

I gave a slight smirk and gave my attention back to Mr. J, who was just finishing his totally true explanation but totally planned by me.

"I hope you show them our best and show them the extents of our friendliness. I introduce: Sam Tanley, Liam Greene, Emily Thorne and Keely Devlin. To add, our very own Anna was their classmate."

Each of them slightly stood up as their names were mentioned, and I'd bet anything that the students around were planning on ways to get to know them. Annie smiled at them as they caught her eye, and most of the students casted glances at Annie, only getting the reason for her outburst earlier.

Our destination was 4 hours away, so most of us sought comfort in music or the movie playing at the front of the bus. I looked to my side, only to find Annie's headphones on her head that was resting on the window. Her eyelids were droopy, but she was fighting her drowsiness. Liam and Sky were talking to her earlier since they sat right in front of us, asking questions about her 4 friends, who coincidentally came with us. And she managed to go along with the conversation, though she really needed the sleep. No one could see her eye bags 'cause she used the thing Holly gave her yesterday to make sure it wasn't noticeable.She yawned, and I fought the urge to force her to sleep. It wasn't long before she finally let sleep takeover. She rested her head on the window, her lips slightly parted. We were passing a slightly rough road, so her head parted and met with the window. Instead of making her wake up 'cause of the road, I carefully guided her head to my shoulder, making sure she wouldn't awaken. Most of the students were asleep, and the ones awake were in front watching the movie, so it wasn't a problem.

Now that she finally found sleep, I decided I could, too. I closed my eyes and leaned back on my chair, listening to the sounds of the buses and cars outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Anna's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes, annoyed by the slight sunlight that came through. I was about to pull the curtains closed, when I noticed I wasn't leaning on the window. I looked to my left, and, sure enough, I was sleeping on Chancey. My heart pounded in my chest, and I looked around to see if anyone saw. I breathed a sigh of relief when almost everyone was fast asleep. Well, at least I thought so.

"Aww. You two were sooo cute," Luke said abruptly, appearing over his seat and pinching my cheeks.

I swatted his hand away and saw Sky appear over her seat, too, grinning like a fool-- a very very sick fool.

"Shut up!" I managed to hiss out,--but it was kinda croaky-- without anybody else hearing. I growled at them as they laughed.

"C'mon. I even have a picture," Sky said and smirked at me.

I gave them the most menacing glare I could muster and started growling and hissing. I'm going to find that picture.

"Amanda!?" Chancey's voice abruptly shouted groggily as he scrambled in his seat.

"Oh, God! You almost gave me a heart attack," I half-shouted, half-whispered as I hit him on the shoulder.

He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

"Wait, did you say Amanda?" I asked, making sure I heard it right.

"Good morning, sleeping prince," Sky sang while Luke laughed.

"You have drool on your jaw," Luke said, and I laughed a little.

"So do you, sleeping beauty," Sky said, ending my laughter.

"Doukes," I murmured, not checking if I did have drool.

"Dukes?" Luke asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Doo-uukes," I said, emphasizing the pronunciation.

"What's that?" Sky asked as their heads bumped on the top of the bus.

I laughed and heard Chancey snicker beside me. They both scowled and rubbed their heads.

"It's her curse," Chancey said and cracked a smile.

I looked at him and glared. He looked down at me and noticed my glare. And instead of saying anything, he laughed. Douke.

"C'mon, Annie, seriously, your reaction was sorta funny," he said after laughing.

I hissed and hit his arm.

"Shut up, douke. People will hear you," I half-shouted, half-whispered.

"Reaction to what?" Sky asked.

"I think they meant earlier," Luke said.

I looked up at them and raised an eyebrow as they both smiled.

"I hate you all. I hate the world. I hate humanity. I hate life. I hate everything," I grumbled under my breath and ignored them by listening to my music.

~~~~~~Chancey's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annie decided to ignore us, and I breathed a sigh of relief. She may easily forget bad things that happened, but she doesn't easily forget my slip-ups, especially about things/people she hates.

When we finally arrived to Froline forests and camping sites, we were told to line-up with our respective groups for the briefing.

".............No straying and no hiding. And, you will be responsible for your own belongings. Your bodyguards are here for your safety, not to help you. We have already discussed this with your parents, and they made sure that your safety personnel will only be your safety personnel, not your servants. Anyone who goes against the rules will fail their projects for the respective classes we have discussed. Am I clear?" the headmaster said.

"Crystal," we said in unison.

"Hey, Anna. You have so many bags, the headmaster didn't say we couldn't help," I heard some guy say.

I looked behind me and saw John and Martin beside Annie. Annie's all-in-all 6 bags were by her feet as she raised an eyebrow at them.

"Who said I couldn't carry these?" Annie asked and put a hand on her hip.

"Miss Caprione, I think it is best you have help to bring all those. But I didn't expect you to bring that much," Headmaster G said as he passed.

Annie scrunched her nose and frowned. I saw Sam, Liam, Keely and Emily head to Annie's direction, from the back, so she couldn't see them.

"If you'll excuse me," Headmaster G said.

"Yes, sir. We will personally help her," John said while he and Matt mock saluted Headmaster G as he walked to the direction of the teachers.

I rolled my eyes and leaned on an oak tree, waiting for my buddy to prove she can bring all her stuff by herself, so we can go. Some students were watching their conversation, and I wondered if they were done with their own things.

Sam and Liam laughed as they reached Annie's sides and stood by her.

"Seriously, man? You think she'd let you carry her stuff when she can do it herself? You better leave before she rambles about you guys being sexists," Sam said, and Keely and Emily smiled while raising their eyebrows at the dumbfounded boys.

Annie shook her head as she smiled and turned to her friends, receiving a group hug and talked to them, completely ignoring my friends. I kept my smile to myself, appearing indifferent on the outside. I could hear birds chirping, the leaves rustling, and I could smell the slightly damp soil from here, and I inhaled deeply.

"Oh my gosh, it's Thane!" Keely shouted and squealed as Seth turned to them.

He smiled and went over to the little group.

"Hi. You must be Anna's friends," he said and shook hands with each of them, introducing themselves.

"Oh, sorry. Anna just says Thane instead of Seth, so we got used to it," Emily said while blushing.

Thane chuckled and shook his head.

"Anna talks about me, huh?" he joked, but we all know he's still got a thing for her.

"I'm such a big fan," Keely said, slyly dodging his uncomfortable question.

"Me, too," Emily said and giggled.

Okay, since when do they act like this? Oh, wait, they only pretended not to be big fans of Seth because of Annie's discomfort, but Annie and I both knew. I guess I forgot that momentarily.

"Bro, did you have anything to do with their sudden appearance?" James asked as he came up next to me.

I shrugged and started walking to Annie's direction.

"Um. I think we should go now," I said just as the teachers told us to head to the trails.

She nodded and started picking up her bags, but Seth stopped her.

"Woah. Anna, why do you have all this? I can help," he said and reached for a bag, but Annie groaned.

"C'mon, I can carry these," she said to us, and Seth backed away.

"Seriously, people are so demeaning and sexist these days," she grumbled under her breath.

Seth excused himself to go back to his buddy, and Annie started to pick up her bags. She had her guitar case slung on her back, on one side of her shoulder, and her backpack on the other, her 2 food-filled duffel bags on one hand, and her tent and another duffel bag on the other. She manages well all by herself. As we headed for the trails, I could just see how everyone looked at her like she was either crazy or amazing. The teachers were also staring at her with disbelief, as were some bodyguards who were following. I just smiled internally.

The trail wasn't full of twigs and branches, it was pretty cleared of obstacles, so we had no problems as we walked on it. The trees weren't too tall, and we only spotted a few animals lurking around. But, there were a few interesting birds that we saw. Everyone still gave Annie weird looks as she effortlessly carried her things, that is, until she stumbled, again. She didn't fall though, and she moved on like it didn't happen. I'd bet most of the students thought it was because her things were heavy, but they'd be dead wrong. I laughed to myself and continued behind Annie.

When we finally reached our camp site, most of the students collapsed on the ground, overdramatically panting, mostly girls.

"I'm sorry, students, but this is only the Senior Homeroom A's campsite. Your campsites aren't too far though," one of the other homeroom teachers announced.

After a few grunts, grumbles and inappropriate cursings, we got the site all to ourselves and started setting up. The weather was perfect, not raining, a little bright but cloudy, too. Almost all of us had our own tents, so we set up individually. After I finished, the guys, Sky, Annie and Keely were done, too. All the other girls were still trying to figure out which went where. Most of the guys helped the girls out, and I decided to help Emily out, since she was a friend.

After I finished helping her out, I settled my bag inside the tent. When I went out, I heard some complaints from girls who got scratches on their 'perfect' legs. I rolled my eyes. It's their faults they didn't dress appropriately.

I saw Annie on the far side of the camp site, taking in the view of the perfectly green trees and smell of nature. She was wearing her favorite baggy, camouflage shorts that she uses on camping trips and our red t-shirt with the logo with her hiking boots.

"Hey, buddy!" I said enthusiastically, and Annie turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.

I could hear the bustling of people around, and I wished it were quiet, so I can really hear the winds and all.

"You done setting up?" I asked, though I already knew she was.

She raised both her eyebrows, sending me a telepathic message saying,"You know already, fligger."

I smiled and shrugged.

"You happy that your friends are here?"

"Yep," she said then smiled, looking behind me.

I turned to see her friends coming.

"Looks like they won't let you talk behind their backs," I said.

Annie laughed a little and shrugged, starting to tell the four unexpected guests about the trip.

I can't wait for the activities planned for us.

__________________________________________________________________

Vomment...

A/N Finally got an upload up here! XD I'm hyped, but I haven't had much time to write.. Anywho, it's our semestral break til the 8th, but I have to take my exams on the 3rd 'cause I was sick yesterday, so I still have to review.. -__-Plus, I have Math reviews for the PRISAA (Private school's athletic association) starting the 3rd, so my November month will be crammed and all since I still have practices for the dance for the PRISAA, too. I just wanted to let you guys know, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for millions of updates this month, but I will try. And, my mom's coming home from America early just to watch us.. which totally sucks but is totally cool, too, cause she'll be here sooner, so I have to motivate myself to forget my mom's really embarrassing--which I don't mind but is annoying...........

I've reached a hundred fans! :D *happy dancing*

Thank you for everything, guys! I seriously wouldn't have continued writing this if I hadn't put it on Wattpad. :D Okay, vote, comment, like, and whatever else if you want to.. It's totally free, but I'd seriously appreciate it if you did.. Can you give me ideas on activities for the trip? I don't want to bang my head on the wall to find some.. Haha. Anywho, any help would be much appreciated, too.. Thank you! :D

P.S. If you've noticed, totally is my word of the day. XD Yesterday it was cool, up until this morning.. -___- I'm on my random streak, sorry for the interruption. XD