Part 2 - Surprises

Dedicated to my watty friend :) Read her book:

Cardigan & Josh

She dedicated the first chappie to me! Isn't that awesome? Also read her other books, guys! She's an awesome person. :D

*End Rant*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part 2
June 10 2011 Friday
"Surprises"

I woke up as I heard my door opening and shutting close. Who would come in without knocking? I groaned and covered myself in my comfy duvet, not caring who came in.

Before I could react, I was already being carried bridal style in the all-too-familiar person's arms. I didn't wanna wake up, so I snuggled into his bare chest, feeling comfortable like a baby. Judging from the rosy scent, he had carried me to my en-suite bathroom.

I felt his chest vibrate as he laughed.

"Good morning, sleepy head. You're not going back to sleep anytime soon."

I could hear the smirk in his voice and ignored him trying to slee--

"Ahhhhh!"

My eyes shot open as I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was still in his arms, and I shivered from the cold water pouring down on us. I squirmed, trying to get out of his grip, but I hardly matched his strength.

He was smiling at me smugly, and I noticed I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday, while he was only in his boxers. I tried punching his well-toned chest but ended up being pressed harder into him.
I stopped putting up a fight, and he put me back down on the ground, making me colder without the body heat. I instantly grabbed a robe and wore it, enjoying its soft warmth.

He laughed at my shaking body. I glared at him.

"1, what are you doing in my room? And, 2, why aren't you shivering!?"

I heard a door open, and Chancey heard it, too, because we both turned to my bathroom door.

"Miss Caprione, are you alright? Everyone heard a scream from here. Where are you?"

It was Mary. I stuck my head of the bathroom door, still shivering. I stuttered.

"Ye-e-s."

I felt Chancey's arms rubbing up and down mine making me warmer. I glared at him as he tried suppressing his laughter. I got out of the bathroom, still soaking wet in the red robe. Mary noticed my state and was about to say something, when she noticed Chancey was in there, too.

"Mis--"

"Mary, it's Anna, not miss. Anna, your friend."

She nodded, curtsied towards Chancey then spoke.

"Anna, why is His Higness in your bathroom, in his underwear and both of you wet?"

She eyed me accusingly. Wait what did she think!? NO NO NO!

"What the!??? No, Mary!"

I groaned, and Chancey chuckled. Mary and I glared at him.

"His royal pain in the ass over here thought it would be funny to wake me up by carrying me to the shower and letting the cold interrupt my peaceful sleep!"

He put a hand over his heart, feigning hurt.

"Hey! I'm not a royal pain, and it was funny," he said then chuckled.

"Sorry for jumping to conclusions, Anna. I almost forgot how mischievous His Royal Highness is."

I smiled at her.

"Hey, mischievous His Royal Highness is still here."

Mary and I laughed.

"Sorry, Prince Chanceon."

"It's Chance, Mary. No need for formalities if it's just us."

She nodded and excused herself. I sighed.

"As much as I love your evil plans, I'd prefer we do it on other people. No wonder everyone runs when they see us smiling."

I laughed, and he joined me. I was surprised when he yanked me off my bed and shoved me into my bathroom. He closed the door when I got in.

"Wash up, and get dressed. We're heading somewhere. Wear riding boots and a bikini with your clothes."

"A bikini?!"

I heard him laugh a little. I glared at him through the door. Well, actually, I was glaring at the door. I hoped he'd feel my glare.

"I don't think Mother bought you any other swim wear other than bikinis. I personally think she's trying to feel younger."

I laughed a little at that thought and then groaned, giving in.

"Fine. And I guess I can't know where we're going?"

"Nope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm glad I chose to wear a loose sweater, because it was a cool day. I shuddered, remembering the new clothes I had in my closet that Auntie bought. Almost all of them were fitting, which is something I hate. It's not comfortable. And you like, have to becareful of your movements. Wooh. I've dealt with too many stupid guys. Chancey's lucky that he knows I wouldn't pass up a chance to swim. I've always loved the water and fire. I love how completely opposite they are; yet when one has the upper hand, the other advances, too. Chancey and I agree on a few things; but we disagree on most, especially on the topic of love. I insist it's irrational, which it is; I've always kept myself thinking rationally.

After breakfast, we went to the stables. Chancey introduced me to a white, golden-maned horse. She's leaned a little on the skinny side, but I can change that. Chancey, knowing me, knew I'd choose this horse, too. I named her Lucifer. She's such an angel that she's a devil. I shook my head, smiling at the horse. I stroked her mane after I finished saddling her. My special red reins have been brought here already. She neighed, and I patted her head soothingly.

"Now, if only we can find you some carrots," I cooed.

"Ask, and you shall receive."

I jumped back from my horse a little, startled at the husky voice. I found a boy about my age standing with a bucket of carrots just outside of Luci's stable. He was about as tall as Chancey, his dark curls were ruffled on his head. He beamed at me and extended his hand holding a carrot. I got it from his hand and beamed at him. Then I turned to Luci, and fed it to her. She was munching on it like there's no tomorrow. I chuckled under my breath.

"Aww. Little Lucifer, don't start being a devil."

The boy let out a short laugh and quickly coughed to cover it up.
I looked over at him, then quickly focused back on Luci's carrot. Surprisingly, she had finished it without eating my hand. The boy extended his hand, amusement in his eyes as his lips turned into a smile.

"Leonard McLane."

I shook his hand with a smile playing on my lips.

"Annal--" he cut me off.

"Annalisa Belle Caprione."

I looked at him curiously, and he must've noticed, because he quickly put his hands in the pockets of his jeans and explained.

"All personel in the palace were briefed on your arrival and your relationship with the royal family. We were informed you were very close with them. Most of the staff are still baffled by your formality with them, although some staff members claimed to already know you when they were younger. They told us it was normal, since you are practically their daughter."

He stared at me, probably waiting for my reaction. I sheepishly smiled then shrugged.

"Yeah. We used to kidnap them from their parents when we all still lived here. By the way, why haven't I ever seen you here?"

He ran his hand through his curls.

"School's coming up, and His Majesty offered me a scholarship at SPIS since they admired my father's loyalty to them. They had to give me a job in the palace because of the requirements."

I nodded. "So we'll be--"

I was cut off as Jamie shouted, "Hey, man!" Is this cutt off Anna day?

And Lee, yeah, I decided to call him Lee since it's shorter, and Jamie did a manly hug as Lee answered with a 'Hey'. Chancey then patted Lee on the back, grinning.

"Congratulations by the way on your scholarship."

Lee smiled back at him.

"Thanks, C."

Then Lee averted his gaze towards me, and Jamie and Chancey's eyes widened a little; knowing them as well as I do, they didn't realize I was here. Chancey chuckled as he turned to see Jamie's face then back at me.

"We didn't see you there, Annie. So I guess you've already met Lee?"

"Yep."

Jamie added, "He's the horse trainer now. He's really good with horses. But I think you can teach him more. I already told him how awesome you are."

I smiled softly at Jamie then registered Lee's surprised face with a hint of amusement. He crossed his arms over his chest.

"You didn't tell me that horse whisperer was a she, J."

I laughed at his stunned expression and patted his shoulder.

"Yeah? Well, J over here didn't wanna hurt your pride."

I winked at Jamie as he and Chancey chuckled.

"Okay, okay, guys. I think we should move out now. Lee, Annie, get your horses, and bring them outside."

With Chancey's orders, we arrived on a dirt road in the palace's extended grounds: Chancey in the lead with Lee next to him on their horses, while Jamie and I followed suit.

After 15 minutes, we finished giving Lee our version of the stories that have been circulating; thanks to the media. He gaped as he just realized that the charm bracelet I was wearing was the same everyone in Shaleeria was dying to find.

5 minutes later, I heard the sound of waves and smelled the salty air. I grinned. It may not be a pool but, hey, it's water. As the beach came into view, I was stunned by it's beauty. The white sand and the cleanliness of the sparkly water captivated me. Beautiful plants surrounded it. I was more stunned when they told me it was my beach.

Apparently, Nati, and Eric gave it to me as a gift since it was originally in Nati's name. She said she couldn't even use it, and she knew how much I loved nature. I couldn't argue now that it was in my name, legally. Jamie and Lee then took our horses to a meadow nearby, while Chancey, and I went over to a shack where Chancey asked for four pepperoni pizzas and lemonade.

We then got 4 towels and placed them on top of a green beach chair lounger. The soft waves were inviting, so I didn't waste anymore time. I took off my boots, relishing the feel of the cool soft sand on my feet and stripped off my clothes, leaving me in a red bikini with a halter.

It was the least skimpiest of all the bikinis Auntie had supplied me with. In the corner of my eye, I saw the waiter from earlier with his mouth open and raking his eyes up and down my body. His waiter friend patted him on the back and gave me a once over. Men. *sigh*

I winked at them and smiled widely. I was then met by Chancey's eyes with a glint of amusement. He slung his hand over my shoulder.

"Stop teasing them, Annie. You're killing them."

He playfully shook his head disapprovingly, teasing me. He's right. Although I have never been in a relationship or had a hook-up, I've always loved teasing boys by pretending to flirt with them. After it though, I always made it clear that I was only joking, because I'd seriously hate to hurt anyone's feelings.

Lee and Jamie came into view, now only in their swimming trunks. I turned to Chancey, and he, too, was only in his trunks. Why hadn't I noticed? Now here I am in the middle of three guys. Hey, no malicious thoughts, just stating a fact.

I wonder how they all seemed to have 8-packs and their body still managed to look normally buff. I mean, making their bodies look muscular, yet not like they're on steroids. How much money would a girl pay to be in my place? Hmm.. Hihihi.. I smiled evilly.

Back to reality, Anna. I didn't realize I was now standing in the middle of guys with abnormally huge grins on their faces. Oh my frigsticks! I gulped. Before I could run, Chancey grabbed my arms, and Lee was holding my legs up, while Jamie made sure I didn't break a bone. Great! I wiggled and screamed and threatened them, but they wouldn't budge.

All of a sudden, *Splash* Cold seeped into my body instantly. I shivered but instantly got used to the cold. I just noticed that I was farther from shore than I realized. I guess that's what happens when 3 strong guys throw you into the cold, salty water. They were laughing their heads off as they jumped in. Hmm. I took a deep breath then plunged down into the water. I held my breath: 1-2-3......34-35-36-3...

Strong arms gripped my waist. Judging by the feel of the hands, it was undoubtedly Chancey. I let out the breath I've been holding when we reached the surface. I put on a terrified expression on my face, which would be very convincing and would look very natural, only if it wasn't Chancey looking at me. He examined my face, then something flashed in his eyes.

I splashed salty water into his eyes and laughed while swimming away. I could hear his food cursing faintly (food cursing or curses substituted by food like fudge cakes and sweet cupcakes). I heard him growl, and I dashed onto the shore, while Jamie and Lee watched us, amused. As I looked back, Chancey was already on shore, a good 20 feet away from me. I screamed --not a girly high shriek, a normal scream-- and dashed along the beach, avoiding the tables and chairs.

*click* What the?

After a good 10 minute chase, I stopped running, and Chancey tackled me to the sand. We both laughed as we fell, and he quickly got off of me. Wow, that would've been awkward. He pointed to a round table in the middle of the beach with a large umbrella.

The four of us ate the pizza and joked and goofed around with each other. After more swimming, and playing in the water, we decided to head back. I was about to get my clothes from a table when.. *Oomph*. I tripped. There was a large rock covered by the sand, and my right ankle hurt. I hissed in pain.

Chancey, who was now fully clothed, ran to my side instantly and studied my foot. He got me to stand up and told me try to walk. I tried, but my ankle gave in. He sighed and lifted me bridal style after he wrapped a towel around my revealing form. I protested, but I was defeated, I couldn't even stand properly. He carried me effortlessly to the meadow. Might as well make myself comfortable. *Click* There it goes again.. I might be completely crazy now..

Once we reached the meadow, Chancey filled them in on my ankle. I insisted I could still ride Luci since it was just my ankle, but being the only girl, they all shunned my persistence and decided that I would ride with Chancey.

Chancey mounted, and Lee put me back into Chancey's arms as he mounted his and held on Luci's reins. He made me sit in front of him and held Storm's --the horse's name-- reins around my waist, and I leaned back on his weirdly soft and comfy chest. We rode our way back with easy conversations.

As we neared the palace, servants stopped their work and looked at us shocked but quickly masked it and went back to their work. Chancey stopped Storm only when we were directly in front of the main doors, while Lee and Jamie headed to the stalls. Chancey carried me with him when he jumped off Storm, and a servant took Storm away. He carried me to my chambers, passing perplexed servants. We went into my room and Mary was sitting on the sofa noticing us instantly, a glint of amusement in her eyes.

"Uhh. Sorry. I'll leave you two alone."

She grabbed the handle of the door, forgetting to curtsy but stopped when I hissed in pain as my ankle throbbed. Chancey hurriedly put me on my gigantic, red king sized bed. He took the towel and tucked me in my soft red blanket slowly, leaving a flustered Mary staring at us.

"She hurt her ankle at the beach, so I had to carry her. The doctor will check her foot. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but we can never be too careful."

Mary let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh. In that case, I'll stay and watch over you, Ann. You should get some rest."

Chancey and I exchanged glances, brushing off her silent accusation then nodded.
Mary sat on the foot of the bed while Chancey sat by my side. Jamie and Lee entered only a few seconds later. By that time, I was already falling asleep.

******************James' POV***********************************

I sat on the lounger beside An's window, right next to her bed. She looks so peaceful. I wonder what will happen at school? I'm very sure girls are gonna be jealous of her. I doubt guys aren't going to notice her. She's new and very attractive. But she's also very intelligent and bookish smart. She knows a lot more things than people who claim to be smart 'cause they memorize stuff from books. I hope she doesn't have a hard time there. Except maybe for-----

"Bro, she's fine."

I looked at my brother sitting beside An. I hate that both of them can read people like open books. Sure, I can read people, too, but I can't read him or An. They only show what they want. Of course I know when they hide stuff, but I don't ever know what they really feel. It's annoying.

"It depends what you mean," I muttered to myself.

"What?" he asked. He scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Nothing. I just said I'm sure she is."

"Liar," he said while raising an eyebrow.

"So?"

"What's wrong, lil' bro?"

I know he's just big-bro-concerned right now, but he can't understand. I wanted to speak my mind and say 'you', but I couldn't. He can't help it anyways. I'll just have to wait for everything to unfold itself.
I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Oh, yeah. I never knew when I could mention it, but I know," he said with a teasing tone.

I scrunched my eyebrows together. He couldn't have known.

"Know what, Your Royal Majesty?"

I chuckled as he narrowed his eyes at me. We don't have to worry about waking up An. She can sleep through most sounds she's used too. It's so weird. Even our loudest screams can't wake her, but a door opening slowly down the hall can.

"I know," he said in a sing-song voice. Then he grinned like the cheshire cat.

"What are you talking about?" I'm starting to get annoyed. I hate not knowing stuff.

"You like someone," he said then grinned.

"Of course I like someone," I replied nonchalantly.

"Not like that, bro. I mean, like, like or maybe even love?" He smirked when I glared at him.

I kept my mouth shut and crossed my arms.

"Aww! I'm right! I wonder how she never noticed. It's so weird! She knows when someone likes her, and we're together a lot. I wonder how she never noticed you staring, or you gaping at her, or you glaring at me earlier, or you hanging with us because you wanna be with her, or the way you smile a lot around her, or the time--"

I cut him off with, "Stop! Enough! Okay! When'd you figure it out?"

I can't deny it, he'll just know I'm lying anyway. Plus, I have to talk him out of telling her. If I know my brother, he's been waiting to tell her for a while now. I'm not that concerned if he knows.

"Uhh... I just figured it out over the summer.You were being really obvious, you know that? Even Aunt El and Jase noticed. What sealed the deal was when you had to be the one to clear the trail for her. We had our guards and a few guides with us; but you insisted. Way too much if I might add."

He said all of that way too easily. In my defense, I wanted to hold the bolo thing. Mom wouldn't ever let me use that big knife thing here. But I could've been less obvious. Stupid brother noticing stuff. Wait! What 'bout Uncle!? He's gonna kill me if he knows!

"You didn't tell her yet, right?"

I couldn't be less concerned about everything but this conversation right now. And the fact that we're talking about this with her in the same room seems... kinda stupid.

"Nope. But are you going to tell her? She sees you like a brother, bro. It would be really weird for her. You're still my brother, even if you fell for Annie. I still worry about your sanity sometimes. You could've chosen someone who believes in love, dude."

I felt my heart growing heavy. She sees me as a brother. She even exclaims how I'm the brother she never had. Putting the addition of his questioning my sanity aside, he's right. It would be very weird for her. This is the only way for her to see me differently, even if a few people get hurt. It's the only way she's ever gonna think of me other than as the little brother she never had. But won't I be seen as an awful person? In the eyes of my family, An's family and everyone else involved? Maybe people really do crazy things for love. I tried to be all macho last time, and that epically failed. Being smart and shy also epically failed. Using my manly charms on her epically failed the most. She thought I was cute! Like what the F***!? Having my way with other hot girls was only short term pleasure. I'm a man, for Allah's sake! I have needs!

"Hey, bro!"

I was so surprised to see my brother's face inches away from mine that I hit my head on the window behind me. I groaned and rubbed the back of my head.

"You've been staring at Annie stalkerishly. You didn't even notice me when I came in front of you."

I ignored him, scowled and stomped out of the room. Stupid being the baby of the family!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Please vote/comment/like :D

I would love to read your feed-backs! :D

What'd you think of Jamie? :D