Part 15 - Fish, Water and Fire

• Dedicated kay ALL MY FANS AND READERS ♥

A/N

I wanted to clear some confusions and misunderstandings..

1. James is not at all Muslim, kay? He just likes to cuss and all that, and he liked Achmed, the dead terrorist puppet if you know him.

2. Chance and Anna are not at all blood-related. They are not cousins whatsoever. Their parents were best friends in college, so that's their only connection. I explained that in the prologue, and I think some of you just forgot.

3. I'm sorry if you find James using the alternate name for God offensive. But that's how he is, and my main characters hate the way he curses, so he limits it around them. But I'm not changing it. That's who he is, and that's how he stays.

4. Thank you to all my new fans and readers and also my continuing fans and readers. :D You are the reason why I continue this even when I'm tired and don't have much time. You are all AWESOME.

_____________________________________________________________

Part 15

Anna's POV

I stayed up last night, exploring the woods. I didn't feel like sleeping, being here in nature. I actually found a waterfall somewhere, but it was far from the site, I think. My bodyguards followed me, even though I thought they feel asleep or something. Chanc--Nate-- didn't bother trying to converse with me, seeing as he probably noticed I stayed away from him as much as possible. But, to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. It doesn't feel right when I don't talk to him and he doesn't bother talking to me, too. If he had tried talking to me, I think I wouldn't break at all. But since that's not the case, I don't know how long I'd actually last til I give.

I sighed while looking up at the purple, yellow, orange-ish sky as the sun started to come up. I was sitting on a log at the edge of camp, just looking around at the trees. I could smell the damp grass, and it smelled nice, like I've always thought.

I had tied my hair into a messy pony, and I had changed into my sleepwear, which consists of shorts and a tank top, before I went to sleep. I saw a movement at the edge of camp, where Mr. J's tent was located. I groaned; he's gonna wake everyone up.

He was wearing grey jogging pants and had a grey hoodie on, making him look like a gym teacher. He noticed me and waved, smiling. I smiled and waved back and walked to my tent near the middle. Much to my dismay, Chan--Nate had set up his tent beside mine. I faintly heard him talking on his phone last night before I left, but I didn't have the heart to listen in.

I entered my tent, bending, so I could fit in it. I got the bag with my clothes in it, closed the flaps of the tent, so I'd have privacy, and I changed into my pedal-pushers and a t-shirt. I ate a chocolate bar and headed out when the horn blared outside.

Some of the seniors looked out of their tent and groaned, and they went back in, probably to change. I saw Em and Keely emerge from the tent beside me, ready and dressed. I smiled at them.

"Hey, guys! Good morning!" I said, walking up to them.

They smiled back at me and said,"Good morning."

"So, what're you singing for the talent competition tomorrow?" I asked Keely, since she was supposed to do an intermission number.

"Eh. I don't know, I'm not sure yet. What 'bout you, what are you portraying?" she said, raising an eyebrow at me.

I shrugged.

"Umm. Maybe a heartbroken girl dramatizing a break-up; that's one of my favorites. Or I could do a lost teenager who has amnesia," I said, remembering my act of hating the world last night for the talent thingy.

Emily laughed, and Keely raised an eyebrow.

"For a girl who doesn't believe in love and all, you sure do a mean break-up drama," Em said, and I laughed.

"Good morning, girls. We are going fishing at the river, make sure you wouldn't mind getting your clothes wet," Mr. J said as he came up to us.

I smiled and shook my head.

"Yeah, sure, sir."

When everyone was ready, our group headed off to the river. The other groups would be there soon enough, so Mr. J wanted us to get there first. There would be points given to the group with the most fishes caught. Jamie stayed near us the whole time, seeing his buddy was Brynn, but Gella and her other best friends weren't in the same homeroom as us. Mr. J reminded us pointedly that we had to be with our buddies, so Nate had no choice but to follow beside me as I walked briskly to the river, occasionally chatting with my friends.

We splashed around for the most part when we realized we sucked at catching fish. They were just so slippery and fast, and I only caught, like, two. But, at least I got more than all the other girls, most of them were just obviously playing in the water, trying to get the attentions of the males. Mr. J warned them though, since they had to at least catch one fish, but they didn't. Most of the guys had caught at least one fish, but Nate caught the most being five. He didn't even once glance at me as he focused on the fish, but he was obviously distracting himself.

After our fishy breakfast, we found out we lost the fish catching thing to the other senior homeroom group who caught, like, 35 in all, beating our 31 count. We had sports games for the morning, so we, the ones not playing, had nothing to worry about. Most of the girls joined the volleyball tournament, but I suck at that, so I had the option of going kayaking, which is so cool.But, the only way I could go was if Nate went with me since he is my buddy, and a teacher was going to supervise all those going kayaking. He just nodded when Mr. J asked him if he was up for kayaking, but he actually hated it. He's not a big fan of boating and the like, which I don;t understand at all. Jamie was joining the soccer tournament, and everyone else joined sports things, so we were going with students from other homerooms.

As we had settled, I went into my kayak, Nate getting in behind me. The teacher was going to lead from the front, and our guards were going to follow. Only 5 other buddies were joining, 2 pairs being freshmen, 2 being juniors and one being sophomores. We were the last to get in, much to my liking. The river was wide, and the water was clear, for the most part. I could see rocks under, here and there, others being corals. It was around 8 in the morning, so it wasn't hot. The breeze was cool, and the flow of the river was not slow but not fast either; it was just right. The chirping of the birds was like music, and the rustling of the leaves made me smile.

I don't know what it is--I sort of do, but I mean figuratively--that nature does to me that makes me smile. I looked at the front of me as the kayaks started moving, making me start rowing, too. I looked back and saw Nate's paddles move, and I kept my gaze forward as he almost saw me looking. There were beautiful violet flowers that we passed, but I didn't know what they were called. I even saw squirrels, which looked so cute.