Part 7 - Reporters Can't Be Good

The meeting yesterday was not at all interesting. I managed to keep a straight, professional face on, though all I wanted to do was fall asleep.

Dinner wasn't that eventful; only when Jamie had to be sarcastic, and Jace and I hit him. You see, my sister doesn't appreciate sarcasm. And I only hit him 'cause he was being sarcastic when he answered my question.

Daymon and his team were used to barging in when they didn't really need to. Jamie decided he wanted payback, so he groaned loudly, catching Mom and Dad's attention, and unfortunately, our bodyguards' outside, too.

His plan backfired on him since Mom and Dad scolded him lightly for not thinking before making loud noises. That made Chancey, Jace and I laugh. Sad to say, that was the only highlight of the evening.

I made my way to the lunch hall with Sky. We were stopped often either by a girl wanting to know about Thane, or a guy asking so boldly for my number-- which I didn't give. Sky wasn't that happy about the stops, so she had this freaky, scary face on, and no one bothered us after that.

I was about to sit down on my usual seat on our claimed table, when a very familiar black-haired girl came up in front of me. Her light green eyes were narrowed at me. She had maskara and a crimson red lipstick on her face. She also had eyeliner on. *sigh* I though this was a place for learning, not for testing disgusting make-up?

"He's mine," she whispered menacingly.

Sky was already seated beside me and was about to stand up again, but I gestured for her to stop.

Luke, Gella, Brynn, Holl, Sash and Zach came up to our table and raised their eyebrows while sliding into their seats cautiously.

No one said anything for a minute. I knew she meant Chancey. Like freak I'll ever let this girl be the future queen! When hell freezes over! Even then I'd still have to think about it.

"If you can get him," I whispered then smirked.

What's up with people claiming other people as theirs? The worst part is, a lot of times, it's my best friend and lil' bro they tend to claim.

Out of nowhere, she held up a glass of orange juice and poured it on my head. Wow.. She really thought this through, huh? She smiled at me triumphantly as everyone stared at us. My friends were about to jump to my rescue, and C, J, Ben and Lee made a move to rush beside me, but I smiled at them.

I laughed lightly. They understood I had a plan and sat back down. The sticky feeling made its way to my body, and I regret wearing the suit jacket uniform today. Oh well. I hugged Giselle, and she froze on her spot. I stepped back to assess how my plan worked out. She opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

I laughed, and soon, everyone laughed. I knew they weren't laughing at me but at Giselle's hilarious face. I could hear Chancey's half-committed laughter out of everyone's. Guess he wasn't that thrilled with me getting soaked. I'm guessing Jamie isn't, too, since I caught him glaring at Giselle.

If she wanted C or J, then she should've known better then to mess with me. She should've tried getting on my good side since she knows about our secret. *sigh* People these days. Giselle snapped out of her fish face and was ushered back to her table by Mac who I thanked.

So how do I clean myself up? Hmm.. I sat down on my chair and pondered my options.

"Anna? How do you know Luke's ex?" Sky asked beside me.

"Wait! She's your ex? Since when?" I asked focusing on the uncomfortable Luke in front of me.

"Uhh.. Since she broke up with me last year when she came to my house, after going to Prince Chanceon's birthday."

She was with Luke when she tried flirting with Chancey? She broke up with him after our party? Please don't let their break up be because of Chancey. But why do I highly doubt that? Luke's such a great person, he's not the type to go after someone like Giselle. I don't really know her, so I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Maybe she was nicer before.

"Banana? Why do you look like you're deep in thought?"

I smiled when I heard Holland's weird nickname for me.

"I'm just thinking of either going home or stealing."

My friends laughed.

"You can't go home, An. You said you left your car and rode with Ben."

Oh, yeah. Right. I don't wanna burden Ben, plus I don't really like driving jeeps. I can have someone bring my clothes over. Wait! I have my bodyguards. One of them could get my uniform.

"Why would you need to go home or steal when someone already had your stuff brought over?"

What? I looked at Sky pointing towards Mary, who was rushing inside in her uniform carrying a black bag. Good golly gosh! Maybe no one will notice that her uniform's the same one at the palace. Why am I always too late? She bowed beside me and held the bag in front of me. I acted confused and dumbfounded.

Everyone was staring at our table. Chancey, Jamie and Ben must've noticed what was wrong and gave me knowing alarmed looks.

When she stood back up, she looked around, at me, then down at her uniform. Her eyes grew wide.

"Umm.. What's with the bag?" I asked, feigning confusion.

She caught on to my act as Mac and another waiter rushed to her side. I could tell they knew each other from the smile growing on Mary's face.

"We told her to bring you an extra uniform the school has. She came by here earlier to see us but forgot to change out of her uniform," Mac said, sounding very convincing.

Mary smiled with relief clearly showing on her face and nodded. She handed me the bag, and I feigned shyness when I thanked her. I also thanked Mac for his quick thinking. Chancey was the one who texted someone at the palace earlier to bring me my blouse and suit jacket. She also brought me my bottle of shampoo and a towel.

Although the other students who didn't know of my secret were convinced of our act at lunch, Sky and Luke seemed suspicious. They kept asking if I believed what Mac said and if I knew the maid A.K.A Mary.

I was listening to Mr. Verdan explaining our lesson when Mr. G's voice called my name out from the speaker in the room.

"Ms. Annalisa Caprione, please report to my office now."

Mr. Ver nodded and smiled at me. I stood up and grabbed my book and walked out, seeing the students' confused faces. Ben and Lee were also confused.

Chancey wasn't in our afternoon classes, and....... My palm connected with my face. The fashion show! I totally forgot. I rushed outside knowing Mr. G didn't really want to see me. Chancey and Jamie must've gone already. I rushed out of the main entrance and saw my bodyguards' black sedan parked into my space, already running.

I slid into the passenger's seat and handed my book to Grant, who sat at the back. Zander hurriedly drove to the location of Mom's fashion show. I ran out of the car as soon as he stopped and headed to the make-up room where Mom would already be. I flashed everyone I passed a smile and finally found Mom assessing her models.

She hugged me then scolded me about forgetting and being sweaty as she ushered me to the room where Chancey, Jamie and Jace were being dressed-up. Eeee.

"Look what the storm dragged in," Chancey said as he noticed my state then smiled.

I glared at him, at Jamie and at my sister who laughed.

I had to shower 'cause Mom's assistant said I needed one. Everyone was busy preparing for the fashion show outside while we sat inside passing time.

The best designers and models would be here later as well as very famous people. Chancey and Jamie were invited by Mom to boost publicity. They couldn't refuse Mom anyways.

Mom wanted each of us to look perfectly presentable; even though we weren't the ones modelling. At least she has the right mind to let me wear comfortable dresses, not the figure-hugging or short ones she and Jace usually wear. Just shows you how Jace took the girly side when she was born.

Mom sat me in-between Jace and Chancey during the fashion show. No one would really suspect anything since I was her daughter. Plus no one could see our faces when we eyed Mom's models disgustedly or gave each other side looks and smiles.

Jace was too caught up gawking at Mom's male models and the female models' dresses to join us. Jamie eyed Mom's female models lustfully and fiddled with his iPhone most of the time.

Most of the female models winked at Chancey when they passed, but he was too busy joking with me to notice. Only a few people payed attention to the princes' presence since they were watching Mom's clothes and models very admiringly.

After the loooooong show was over, we rode in Mom's limo with her, her assistant and Dad to the after-party. I got out after Jace and was followed by Chancey and Jamie. People around us bowed when they noticed them.

The reporters kept asking Mom questions about the show and C and J . She dodged the questions about C and J expertly. Dad was also interviewed of how he thought Mom's show went.

I stood beside Jace on the red carpet as reporters also interviewed Chancey and Jamie.

After a couple of minutes of watching different celebrities and designers, I snapped my attention to C and J's interview.

"Are Annalisa and Jace Caprione your dates?" a petite female reporter asked them.

They both chuckled and shook their heads.

"They are beautiful, don't you think?" she asked them.

Don't answer that, I chanted in my head.

"Yes, they are," Chancey answered hesitantly.

"Is your mystery girl here, Prince Chanceon?" she asked while looking around.

Chancey's eye caught mine, and he laughed then looked back at the reporter and answered, "Maybe"

"You heard that folks? We might have already met the future queen of our country without us knowing. Why don't we have a poll for your guesses on who she is? Log on to our website and choose who you think she might be. Maybe we may catch our secret couple together later."

Jamie was talking to one of Mom's models, clueless to what was going on. Chancey looked lost and was saved by Dad telling him to head on inside with us after distracting the reporter.

I sat down on the table in front of the stage where a band was playing. Mom reserved the table for us. The light was dimmed, so we didn't have to pretend to be strangers.

We were joking about Jamie finally getting a girlfriend when a lady introduced herself to us as someone from Ford, the modelling agency.

"I've heard you don't take big jobs, but I couldn't help but ask if we could represent you and if you would possibly think of modelling as a career. Of course if we get your parent's permission."

"I'm sorry, but it was never in my plans. I think my sister would be up for it, and my parents would welcome it."

Jace jumped from her seat and grinned. We don't take big modelling jobs, but I guess this offer made Jace change her mind.

"Oh, that's too bad then. But we would love to represent her."

She handed Jace her card and Jace followed her to meet some people.

The night passed with Mom and Dad being happy for Jace. Jamie spent most of the time talking to different people. Chancey and I also talked to different designers, celebs, models and fans.

Yeah, I know. I was also shocked when I found out I had a fan page with some of my part-time modelling pictures --- and even pictures of me outside on the streets. Like, what the frigstucks?

My refusal of the lady from Ford's offer must've reached the media's ears 'cause different reporters asked for interviewiews.

"Why did you decline the offer to be represented by one of the leading modelling agencies?" the same petite female reporter from earlier asked.

"Modelling as a career was never in my plan as I said to every reporter earlier. I want to focus on my studies and my life."

"You know, a lot of people said you and Prince Chanceon seem to get along really well.." she trailed off, watching my face for a reaction.

"Well, he's not really a hard person to get along with," I joked then laughed a little for effect.

"A lot of people said you'd make a great couple," she said and winked.

I shook my head and kept my face neutral.

"If he wasn't secretly with someone else would you be interested?" she asked.

"Nope," I replied.

I know not to give them long answers in case they read my anwers differently.

"Why not? A lot of girls envy you for spending time with him earlier. He's a lot of girls' prince charming, and you don't even seem just a tad interested in him."

"Well, he is like us all, a person. Most girls only see the title and his looks. Of course, he, too, is a great person inside, but they couldn't think of him as their prince charming if they haven't seen who he really is, you know? If they actually spent time with him, then maybe after that they can gawk over him, but not when they don't really know him."

I was sure that statement would end the interview. And just as I predicted, the reporter smiled at me and thanked me for the time.

After the party, we dropped Mom, Dad and Jace at the house. We all took the limo again, so we rode it and were dropped off at the palace.

We decided we didn't want to sleep yet and gathered in Jamie's room. Ben, Lee and Mary joined us.

Jamie was flipping through the channels when he stopped to my interview on Shaleeria's Gossip channel.

"..think of him as their prince charming if they haven't seen who he really is, you know? If they actually spent time with him, then maybe after that they can gawk over him but not when they don't really know him."

The screen changed to Chancey's face.

"They are beautiful, don't you think?"

"Yes, they are."

"Is your mystery girl here, Your Highness?"

"Maybe."

"The heiress and the prince? Even after an hour we have received a lot of votes to the guess of Prince Chanceon's mystery girl. Annalisa Caprione won by a landslide. Could she be the girl we've all been looking for? Don't you think they absolutely make a perfect couple, people of Shaleeria?"

The screen flashed a picture of me and Chancey laughing at our table earlier. The reporter was the same petite female from earlier.

"We might find out the true identity of our mystery princess soon."

What were people thinking when they voted for me to be Chancey's 'most likely' mystery girl? Come on, they haven't even seen us together before. Not like he's been seen with different girls before but still.

Jamie changed the channel as the room fell silent. I looked at Chancey, and he shrugged and collapsed onto the bed. I fell back down next to him and stared at the ceiling.

"You know with you two that close, it's no wonder how people would know it's you, An," Jamie said and smirked.

Chancey and I threw pillows at him, and we ended up having a pillow fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey Guys! Please vote/like/comment. I'd really appreciate it. If I get bumped up on the ranking list. I might be motivated to upload earlier :)

I have exams so I might take a while unless I get motivated to write.

Thanks for reading my story :D

Who'd make a great Chancey?

Anyone got suggestions on actors/ actresses for my characters? just comment below. Thanks :D