Part 6 - In love with who?

This chappie is dedicated to her :D

2 of her stories hooked me in. :) Better Than Revenge and The Clueless Maid. I actually remember how I found her book. I was reading another story and the thing at the side said I might like it.. so I ended up reading BTR, and when she posted TCM, I also got hooked. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrived at the palace, I barged into Chancey's room. Mary told me the guys were here. I put my hands on my hips and narrowed my eyes at Chancey on the couch. His eyes widened, but he smiled nervously in an instant.

"Sooo.. Thane goes there, too, huh?"

Jamie fidgeted on his chair and looked away from me. Ben and Lee who didn't know anything just stared.

"Uhh.. Yeah.. He's been going there since freshman year. I've had a few classes with him. Yeah. Uhh." He scratched the back of his neck and looked down.

"We may have forgotten to mention that little detail to you. He he?" Jamie added, not sure if he should've added the 'hehe'.

I sighed and sat down on Chancey's carpeted floor near the couch.

"You both know I'm not at all mad. So, why are you nervous?"

"We're not, Annie. It's just that we thought you'd react differently." Chancey slumped in his seat.

"Yeah. We didn't think you'd take it this well," Jamie said, getting comfy in his seat.

"I got over it, guys. You should've known that. Especially since you know me. Now, I just realized how much I missed him. I know you didn't want to make things harder for us."

They nodded, and soon enough, we were playing Halo 3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, we were all required to wear our uniforms. Mine was a navy blue and crimson red plaid skirt reaching my knees. I wore denim shorts underneath, just short enough not to be seen when I walked. Our long-sleeved, buttoned blouse was white. I wore the school's crimson red v-neck sweater over it. They told me I could choose to wear it or the school's girls' crimson suit jacket. We were given a neck tie that matched with the skirt. All-in-all, it wasn't that bad. At least I got a pocket on my skirt, so I don't have to hold onto my phone. The boys' uniform was just a boy version of mine: they had navy blue slacks and a white dress shirt, a navy blue suit jacket and the same neck tie as mine. They all decided to wear the red sweater instead of the jacket, too.

Well, a lot of guys and girls I recognized from our parties got the courage to have full-blown conversations with me today. They did, however, keep the conversations easygoing and away from royalty topic at all costs. Almost everyone wore the suit jackets and a very few wore the sweaters. Since all my classes were with C, Ben and Lee, it was hard to pretend not to know my best friend for the whole morning. A few people I barely recognized by face from our parties had classes with us; they didn't talk to me when Chancey was near. I was also asked how I knew Thane repeatedly. Well, that was a safer topic anyway. I told everyone that we were really close friends 'til he went into acting; I didn't wanna tell them the other half of the truth. Only my closest friends know. *sigh* Keel, Em, Sam and Liam called earlier and laughed when I told them Thane went here.

I couldn't help but wonder what made C and J nervous yesterday. I have a feeling it had something to do with Thane. I ignored their behavior, so I could also keep my mind distracted by video games. I pushed the possibility of Chancey being in love with Amanda to the back of my mind--- since it's highly unlikely, c'mon. I'm confident that she must've blackmailed him or something. I know Chancey, and he never showed the least bit of interest in Amanda.

Lunch time rolled in, and I was really hungry. Actually, in truth, I'm never hungry, but I think my mind tells me I am. Hehe. Food... Time to hit the lunch hall. I had a goofy smile on while walking with Sky since she had the last subject with me, too.

Sky and I made our way to the long table we sat at yesterday, passing Thane who waved us over. I jerked my head to the long table and watched him get up. From the corner of my eye, I saw the girl who I saved Chancey from. I learned her name was Giselle from one of the girls who were also there. She was glaring daggers at me while talking to her friends, I assume. I was about to sit on the chair I sat on yesterday when Thane took hold of my arm. I gave him a confused and inquiring look, and he sighed.

"Uhh.. We didn't really have time to talk yesterday. I looked for you after dismissal, but Luke told me you already left. So I was wondering if we could talk. I actually really need to talk to you. Maybe after lunch?"

I shrugged and sat sown as he loosened his hand. "Sure."

He kinda looked relieved and smiled. "Phew! I'll talk to you after lunch then. Thanks, Lis."

I felt a pang in my chest. He noticed his mistake and said hastily, "I meant, thanks, Ann."

With that, he went back to his friends. All throughout eating, I kept wondering what he wanted to talk about. I know things were bad between us before he left, but everything was long forgiven. Now, I just want him to be my friend again, knowing the mistake he made wouldn't be repeated. Sky bugged me about what Thane wanted to talk about. I told her honestly that I didn't know.

We're good, right? What would he need to talk about? He didn't look like he had something important to talk to me about yesterday. I guess I have to get this over with. I ignored everyone's curious stares; someone who heard Thane must've gossiped about it.

I excused myself from my wonderful new friends and made my way over to Thane. He looked up at me as I stood next to him. He nodded to me and told the guys he had to do something important. Well, that earned wolf-whistles and encouraging words from his friends. A few of them even said that they would gladly take me in after Thane's done. I ended up punching them in the shoulder, ignoring the fact that I didn't know them. Thane seemed amused and didn't try to calm his friends down.

I smiled at myself when the guys said they didn't think a girl could hit like that. Hah! Sexists! I walked out of the lunch hall and to the school's garden next to it. I didn't bother to check if Thane was following, 'cause something about students looking behind me tells me he is.

I sat down cross-legged on the grass. He sat down in front of me, bringing his knees up to his chest and wrapped his hands around it. We didn't talk for a minute. I stared at him and read his nervous and worried face. When his eyes finally went up to look into mine, he gave me a wry smile.

"I just wanted to be sure that things are fine between us, you know? After I assumed you were in love with Chance and got hysterical?"

*Flashback*

"Come on, Lisa, you're great in acting!"

Thane and I were sitting on the swings at my house. Thane's been here since a hour ago, trying to persuade me to go with him.

"But, Thanee.. I can't. And especially not without Chancey."

"I know, Lis. But Chance can't, he's a prince."

"Then I won't, too, Thanee. That's just unfair to him. He's good at acting, too."

"Lis, you're killing me. Your parents said they want you to decide. You're 12, Lis. My new manager knows you have great potential. She said you can dominate the movie world. You're not the type of person to set aside a great opportunity, Lis."

I looked into Thane's blue eyes. His dark hair was messy from the strong wind. I actually like the wind's cool, calming effect. He looked hopeful.

"No, Thanee. I can't even hang out with Chancey and Jamie at the mall, the park or anywhere else. If I take it, the same thing we've all been wishing not to happen, will happen. I won't be able to go anywhere. And now, if you go and hit it big like I know you will, we can't hang out, too. At least not in public."

Thane stood up abruptly, his eyes blazing with what looked like anger. He stared into my eyes; his eyes flashed with hurt, anger and defeat. I just stared at him.

"You choose Chance over me? I love you, Lis! I fell in love with you, but you choose him. I shouldn't be surprised. You didn't know I loved you. You don't want to hang out with me if I take this? I can't take not going with you to our favorite places, Lis. I don't want our friendship to be hidden. I don't know how the princes take that, but I can't! I knew it all along! And yet I ignored it! I knew it! You're in love with Chance. There's no doubt he's in love with you, too! Why was I so stupid to ignore that voice!?"

My mouth opened slightly. What's wrong with Thane? He's never been like this. He couldn't be in love with me.. What the freak is his his problem!? He's assuming!

"Thane! Love is irrational! You're not in love with me! And neither is Chancey! What's wrong with you today!?"

He opened his mouth to retort, but I continued speaking.

"No, Thane! You said it! If you can't take hanging out with me without people knowing when you hit it big, then maybe... maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore! You hit a nerve when you said I'm in love with Chancey. A bigger nerve when you implied you didn't care about my privacy."

I lowered my voice in the end. I was starting to calm down already. His eyes were glassy from unshed tears. Heck! Even I would've cried if I wasn't so angry. He just hit 2 nerves, even I couldn't act strong. He's my second closest friend, and he just said all of that so openly. I thought he understood.

"But, Lis..."

He reached an arm out to me, but I stood up and stepped away.

I shook my head and said, "No, don't call me that. This will be the first time I say goodbye. Goodbye, Sethaniel. And good luck with your career."

*End of Flashback*

Oh, God. That was the only time I ever said goodbye to someone, literally. That was 4 years ago. I haven't seen him in-person since then. I blamed myself for what I said and moved on. I told Chancey and Jamie what happened after that. They were mad at Thane of course, because he hurt me, but he was also their friend. I don't think they talked to him after he left. Like I predicted, Thane made it big. At 15, he got multiple awards for his movie. He was the country of Shaleeria's best actor. His movies were hits worldwide.

I never watched any of his movies. C and J did their best to keep me from seeing his pictures and movies. But of course, everyone talked about him. I completely forgot that a friend of mine said he dyed his hair blond. Since I only saw a picture of him a few times through the years, --I can tell you it's really hard to avoid all the pictures of a famous actor--- I barely recognized him yesterday. He wasn't the light-skinned, dark haired, lean boy anymore, instead he's the blond, golden-tanned, hottie every girl except me wants. Practically all the guys I'm close to are wanted by most of the female population. Oh, God. Why can't I have friends with less appeal?

"...Ann."

I came back into reality only to find Thane's worried face beside me. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and gave him a small smile. I couldn't stay mad at him anyway for thinking he's in love with me and getting mad; I know he's a great guy--- even though I haven't seen him in years.

"How long have I been staring into space?"

He laughed. "3 minutes. I guess old habits do die hard."

"Oh. So what were you saying before I went into la-la land?"

"Umm.. I just asked if things are fine between us after you know, after I said those things I shoudn't have..."

"Of course, Thanee. I moved on from that quickly and missed you."

He looked really uncomfortable. He was playing with his fingers.

"Oh. Umm.. Also Ineverstoppedbeinginlovewithyouever."

I caught his words easily since I'm a fast speaker most of the time. I gaped at him. He can't be serious right now.

"Thane, you do know I don't believe in love, right?"

He nodded nervously and looked up and met my eyes a second before he looked down again.

 "Ever since we met."

"Uh-huh. And you know you're not really and was never in love with me, right?"

He sighed.

"But I am."

He sounded less confident of himself right now. He doesn't get it does he?

"Okay. Believe that you are, but I don't believe in love. You should've moved on, Thane. You shouldn't have held on knowing I don't believe in it. It's been 4 long years since we last saw each other. Maybe you're just in denial. You didn't want to let go because we had a very close relationship. Come on, Thane, millions of girls want you to love them. I love you, too, but in a family way. Your parents visited our house a lot of times, and all of you are my family, too."

He sighed in defeat and looked everywhere but me.

"Sorry, Ann. I'll try my best to move on 'cause I just saw you again. And I don't want things to be awkward between us. I guess I just thought maybe you changed your mind..?"

Not in a million years.

"I don't think I ever would. But I won't ever let things become awkward, Thanee. You do remember I don't let go too easily?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood and change the subject.

He laughed and stood up. He pulled me up after, and we made our way to our next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Short chappie guys :) All about Thane..

Just wanted to clear up Thane and Anna's fight..

Vote/comment/Like :) It's very much appreciated if you do.. Thank You :D