Prologue

(The second part of the series has started. It can be independent since I'm working on this one. Major changes. Second book is named "My Way On The Highway". You can see it in my works. Not necessary to read this before that one since I'm changing a lot of things here.)

Prologue
2003
Shaleeria

I flinched as a roar of thunder boomed outside. It's been a while since I've seen a thunderstorm, and it was not pouring yet. A little too dramatic, even for me, a little ten-year-old girl.

I frowned remembering I was leaving home. The Greenyard house isn't exactly my home. My home is actually the whole palace grounds. It is the place I grew up in, running and playing with my bestest friend in the whole-wide world, Chancey; more well known as Prince Chanceon Nathaniel Bell Simonth.

Auntie and Uncle have always seen me as their own daughter, as Chancey and I did almost everything together. We literally grew up together, and weirdly enough, he's older than me by only 57 minutes and six seconds.

You see, Chancey's mother and father are the best of friends with my parents. When my grandparents from my mother's side knew that Mom was determined to get married to the love of her life, --my dad of course-- they kicked her out of their mansion. My parents decided to buy a new house. My dad had his own business, ---some sort of animal raising business thingy majig-- so he was actually well off; but Auntie and Uncle practically forced my parents to live here. Of course, we loved it, but it seemed too much, letting a non-royal live in a house ---mansion if you prefer-- in the palace grounds.

Probably wonder how I know all this? 10-year old little girl knows Mommy and Daddy's past. They actually told me when I was 6, of course I didn't understand it then. The only reason they told me was because I kept asking them why we lived in the palace grounds when we weren't royalty. I was curious. They aren't fond of lying, so they gave in and told me. At that age, I understood every word they said by vocabulary meaning. I have always been advanced. I was offered the best education and inherited my parents' brains. They were the top of all their classes when they were in school like I am. I only came to understand the emotional meanings behind their words as I grew older. Now Grammy and Grampy want us to live with them because they haven't seen their grandchildren ever, maybe pictures but not in person. They've just accepted the fact that Mom loved Dad, so that's why I'm here wishing I wasn't leaving my home.

"Anna darling, everyone's in the chariot. We'll be late for brunch, and we wouldn't want the rain pouring down on us."

I spotted Mom at the doorway. I ran down from the staircase and hugged her tight. She giggled then put me back down. I instantly flinched as I saw a flash of lightning.

She smiled down at me.

"It's just lightning, honey, come on."

 She held my hand, and I hesitantly followed her to the chariot. I sat next to Mom, Jaseline, --or just Jase-- my sister who's two years younger than me, sat across from us next to Dad. It was only a short, silent ride to the main doors of the palace. Mom, Dad and Jase got out first.

As I stepped out, my foot slipped, and I came crashing down face first, not on the concrete ground but instead on another person, my favorite person, Chancey. He fell on his back against the ground while I was on top of him. Servants quickly shuffled to our sides to make sure we were alright. Mom and Dad were used to my clumsiness, so they didn't actually worry. The servants stepped away and sighed in relief when Chancey and I laughed wholeheartedly. He stood up, bringing me up with him. We stood there smiling idiotically at each other for ten seconds; a realization dawned on me that I almost forgot.

Goodbye. I hate goodbyes. I rarely use them. Nothing is good about saying bye to someone who has a place in your life. My smile dropped, and Chancey quickly dragged me into the palace. When no one was around, Chancey stopped. He hugged me tight and whispered knowing what I was thinking.

"This is not good bye, Annie. We'll see each other, so please don't cry. I hate to see you cry."

He pulled back to stare at my most likely glassy hazel eyes from unshed tears, his rare blue eyes, blue like the waves of the ocean also with green flecks in them, stared back at me in understanding. I forced a smile, and he smiled weakly at me, and we went into the dining hall and found our families happily chatting.

After we had finished eating, Auntie and Uncle made another attempt on Mom and Dad to let me stay.

"Come on, Elisa, be reasonable. You can have her back during summer. You'd always be here then anyway."

Chancey and I smiled at each other hopefully. Mom and Dad laughed, shaking their heads. I slumped in my seat and rested my head on the table.

"You're the one being unreasonable, Cher. You're the one who wants to keep my baby. You have three children with you already, and you're usually busy," Mom said, making the adults laugh.

As Mom and Dad decided we should go now to get settled, everyone stood up and hugged each other and said goodbyes, except me. Natileen --Chancey's older sister-- and Jamie --Chancey's brother who's a year younger than Chancey and I-- gave me quick hugs.

"You and Jace will always be our sisters, okay, An?" Natalie said while bending down to meet my eyes.

I nodded, and she did the same to Jace, who clung to her. She and Jace have always been close. I guess it's because they're both girly. Yuck.

"You're still gonna do fashion shows with me aren't you, Natiwee?"

Nati kissed the top of Jace's head and nodded.

"Of course, just tell me when and where."

I smiled at them while gagging mentally.

I was then met by a teary-eyed Auntie, who hugged me really tight and kissed my forehead smiling with dry tears on her cheeks. Uncle hugged me, too, and kissed the top of my head.

"You come back home anytime your mother tries to turn you into a diva, okay?" Auntie asked and smiled cheekily.

I laughed and nodded. "If you wanna hide from her and her evil make-up kits, just call me, and I'll have someone pick you up right away."

Mom nudged Auntie and glared at her playfully.

"I'll see you always, promise?" Chancey asked while coming beside me.

He held out his pinkie, and I slid my little pinkie in his.

"Promise."

"Good, we have our birthdays to look forward to. You have your lucky charm bracelet with you now. Don't worry about falling anymore," he joked and smiled at me.

I punched him playfully. "I don't always fall, Chancey."

"Sure you don't," Jamie said and smiled innocently at me.

I stuck my tongue out at both of them and pouted. I'll really miss our morning routine of hiding from our parents.

After almost everyone said their goodbyes, my family and I waved back at the other half of our family as we drove off. As we got out of the palace gates, I leaned my head on the window, fiddling with the charm bracelet Chancey gave me yesterday. I closed my eyes and whispered to myself, "I, Annalisa Belle Caprione, promise to come back home." I drifted off to sleep as rain drops started to hit the window.

Best friends forever. But forever may not be long enough.

*******************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Vote, Comment, Like, Fan you guys :D

Haha.. Slightly edited this. I'm rearranging some chappies.. SO please bear with me.. :D