THE RECOVERY PART 2

NIGEL'S POV

I sat there holding my angel's hand as she fought to stay with me. I refused to leave her side until I saw her beautiful eyes open and her smile that made me weak.

I was in desperate need of a shower and a shave but it could wait. The nurses could barely get me to eat. One of them threatened to put me on a feeding tube.

I just didn't understand how this could happen to her of all people. She was sweet and innocent and didn't deserve any of it.

I don't know what I would do if she didn't wake up soon. I prayed for the thousandth time to God and moongoddess not to take her away from me. I didn't know which one answered these types of prayers in this situation and it didn't matter. I would do anything to have her back.

Weeks had passed, I didn't know how many. I stopped counting after day ten because I almost lost it when the doctor told me it could take months if she woke at all.

"Im still here baby. If you can hear me im not leaving until you come back to me. I know I've said it a million times but I love you. So damn much it hurts. I can't live without you. You have to wake up im begging you please just wake up angel"

I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I kissed her limp hand like I had done so many times before.

I raised her soft hand to caress my face. It brought me and my wolf comfort. I almost jumped out of my seat when her hand moved.

"NURSE" I yelled. "O God baby wake up. You can do it im right here. Where the hell is that nurse?"

The nurse and doctor came running in like the building was on fire. "What is it alpha?"she said going over to Jana. "She moved" I said frantically. The doctor went to examine her.

"She seems to have improved.drastically. Most of the silver and wolfsbane are out of her system. She should wake up very soon. When she does she will be in a lot of pain. Her shift will need to be completed. With the help of your wolf she should transition just fine"

I sat with bated breath pacing the room. My reason for being would wake up soon and she would be in pain.

About ten minutes later her eyes opened and locked with mine. We smiled at each other before she screamed in pain. I rushed to her side.

She was shifting and the pain looked unbareable.

"You can do it baby" I said planting kisses all over face.

"We need to be closer to her" my wolf said. I climbed into bed with her and held her close.

"Its working alpha" the doctor said. She let out another ear piercing scream and I pulled the blanket over us and removed her gown.

It seemed to help because she calmed down as I caressed her skin. I heard a painful twist as her body started to change form. I removed my clothes as well trying not to focus on the fact we were both naked.

Her breathing evened out after that and I never let go as she completed the shift.

Her wolf lie in my arms. It was a beautiful beige color and my wolf howled with joy at seeing our mate for the first time in her wolf form.

"She should be fine now alpha" the doctor said bowing his head and leaving the room. The nurse followed and it was just me and my mate.

"Shift back baby" I told her.

I took her a few minutes but she did. I couldn't help but notice her gorgeous naked body as she walked to me.

"I've missed you so much I thought I lost you" I said pulling her under the sheets with me.

"I missed you to. I tried so hard to come back to you. I love you so much"

She kissed me and everything else faded away. I was beyond cloud nine as I kissed her back. I couldn't believe she was here with me. I had the love of my life back.

"I have something to tell you" she said pulling away breathless.

"What is it love?" I asked.

"I had a lot of time to think and I want you Nigel. Im ready to give myself to you. I want us to mate"