Chapter 33

~A/N~

As you know, I've gotten rid of my update schedule because of school, for which I am really sorry, ok? This is like a formal apology of some sort, and I hope you understand c: Anyways, here's chapter 33, finally :D
You're probably gonna hate me for what happens in this chapter, but.. enjoy!

*******

"I need you to know that... I-I've never slept with anyone but Flynn. I trust you."

I had been replaying those couple of sentences—especially the last one—for over an hour, ever since we made it to Lorena's dorm. I just couldn't get them out of my head. I also hoped I had fulfilled her expectations; those of trusting me.

I'd been gentle with her. Caring. Selfless. Not too talkative. Basically, something I was never with other girls.

I couldn't believe how much she'd managed to change me, in such a short amount of time. Just two months before, all I'd wanted was to get her into my bed, and then get her out of it. Now? I've never wanted to stay in bed as much as now. Just lying next to her, not talking, not doing anything. Just being there.

She was clutching the duvet to her chest, so only her arms and shoulders were exposed. I had no idea how she could still be so shy, even after what we'd done just 20 minutes ago. Maybe that's exactly the reason for her bashfulness, I don't know. I've never known.

We were both lying sideways, so we could face each other, though she wasn't really looking at me. She was staring at something behind me, actually, no, she was staring right through me. Probably thinking about stuff. Like the end of the school year, and how we would see each other after that. That's what I was thinking about, anyways.

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about her being in Torpoint, and me being in Doncaster over the summer. We literally lived on opposite sides of England, and as far as I knew, it takes at least seven hours to get from one town to the other. Which is just too much. Too large of a distance.

That didn't mean I would give up on her though; not even close. I just had to find a way to spend some more time with her over the summer, before distance separated us. She's the first girl I've really, truly cared for in a long while. And I mean, long. And I wasn't going to let something silly, such as a few hundreds of kilometers, stand in our way.

I brushed my finger over her arm, and that's all it took to make goosebumps appear. As they did, Lorena shivered and shifted closer to me, wrapping her arm around my waist and practically clinging onto me. Was touching her arm what made her do that? If so, why didn't I think of it earlier?

I brought my own arm around her, and kissed her forehead. Sleeping alone is going to be so lame from now on, I thought as she tangled her legs with mine.

"I'm going to miss you this summer," She mumbled, basically putting all of my thoughts into one short sentence.

I shook my head, and tilted my head backwards so I'd see her face. Her sad face. "No," I said, shaking my head again. "I'm gonna find a way for us to stay together. At least for a while."

Lorena looked up at me, surprise and excitement written all over her face. Aw. "You'd do that? You'd stay here for me?"

"Well, not here, since you live in Torpo-"

"No, no." She sat up a little, not loosening her grip on the duvet around her. Dammit. "Caitlyn and I have a flat here, you could stay with us."

I don't think I've ever seen a more vivid look in someone's eyes, even though it was pretty damn dark in her dorm. "W-With you? Where would I sleep though?"